GreaseSpot Cafe

The New Theme Poster is Out

Belle

They put too much work in to the poster each year IMHO. They make the vendor make so many changes before they give the final "OK". It's not that the changes really make a big difference. It's a matter of being anal retentive (they call it attention ot detail :rolleyes:). Over what? Some stupid poster people put up in their living rooms and then toss the next year or save it for nostalgic reasons (where's that barfing emoticon?).

I NEVER hung that stupid poster up in my house.

I like the scroll under terms and conditions.

I really like that, did you see it?

Yea Dot -- they've had that there for some time now.

Ironic --- looks like a scroll I saw in a Messianic Jewish church I used to go to.

Represents the Torah (law), and for The Wannabe Imitators (twi)

to use that icon under their *terms and conditions* is pretty contadictory ---

since we're suppozzed to be under grace and not law, eh??

But perhaps the OT is no longer just for our learning now, eh??

Shifting sand. Changing a teaching to suit the *present greed*.

SSDD. (Shifting Sand, Different Docvic).

Wow!

There seems to be an awful lot of "negative confession" in those terms and conditions.

I mean, really, where is there "believing"?

HeeHeeHee.

Waysider -- They've got their site locked up tighter than a chastity belt.

They don't need to *believe*.

They have lawyers doing that for them now.

Lawyers -- operating under LAW, and not grace!

(but -- you knew that already! Eh?) ;)

What a year's theme.

"OUR" power for abundant living..

Yup.. Sounds like a group full of themselves to me..

Just wondering what abundant living their power has given them?

Let's see, dwindling numbers... The real research team deserted them.. Lawsuits, lawsuits, and more lawsuits... Selling off property since their's not enough to care for them.. Hmmm.. Abounding.. Gee, I guess you guys picked the only thing... They are abounding in words in their terms and conditions.... Just more worthless words...

You know, if I were an innie and saw that, I think that would be the last straw, my heart would have sank.

Absolutely no imagination, the same old same old rehashed again for the umpteenth time.

Are you so totally uninspired? Such a lack of imagination? Such a lack of heart for any people that are left?

Its actually insulting.

I would take one look at that and realize we now have a dead ministry.

You know, if I were an innie and saw that, I think that would be the last straw, my heart would have sank.

Absolutely no imagination, the same old same old rehashed again for the umpteenth time.

Are you so totally uninspired? Such a lack of imagination? Such a lack of heart for any people that are left?

Its actually insulting.

Remarkably, people seem pretty excited about it.

Its actually insulting.

When they made a year "Power for Abundant Living" the FIRST time,

I was IN and I thought that was horribly unoriginal....

especially since there seemed NO CONNECTION between the supposed "theme"

and anything going on that year.

That was what-1987?

=======

"OUR" Power for Abundant Living.

Guess we can officially scratch GOD ALMIGHTY from twi's considerations.

It's not HIS Power, it's THEIRS.

They're still claiming a "founding" of 1942, when any 1942 origin is purely imaginary.

Finally figured out why they did a night where attendance at hq was MANDATORY-

they took photos of the not-empty auditorium and are going to milk those for a decade.

And they still talk about those "international countries".

Reading their terms and conditions and their disclaimers was more like reading something from a manufacturing company trying to protect itself from defects and damage that might be incurred from using their product...I thought this was supposed to be a Christian organization...with a religious tax exemption from the IRS!

I can see the apostle Paul handing out pamphlets with legal language that protected him against the failure of the holy spirit to deliver as promised...NOT!

How many preachers and churches do you know of that have such extensive legal safeguards set up to protect them from liability?...but them again, most churches aren't running pyramid schemes.

BTW,

a lot of you probably don't know or don't remember......

....when twi finally put up a website,

the first thing of any substance they put up was the Terms and Conditions.

There was nothing of substance-even twi-level- but there were elaborate warnings

to not use the material that wasn't even there.

Is it a matter of the lawyers governing the ministry,

or did they really think the most important part of what they had to offer online

was the Terms and Conditions?

If it's the latter, I AGREE. There's nothing else useful on their site.

In other news,

the only other time I saw an elaborate warning like that was on a DIFFERENT site

with delusions of grandeur and ridiculous content.

Oh thank God, It's what I have been waiting for. The new poster. let me get out the tacks and the scotch tape and hang it up in a place of honor in my living room, over the fire place where I can loshanto in front of it and know that my house is protected becasue of my righteous act, and God will once again spit in my direction and I can once again be able to stand in the presence of the lowliest of wayfers and maybe even put some coin in the ABS, promise t osell my house. give der vey at least 15% of the sale price and feel blessed that I helped send rosy and donuts on another european or caribean trip becasue they work so hard for us and deserve to be blessed. I will fire my cleaning service and work till late hours in the morning cleaning and vacumming my house (naked) so it can be absolutely spotless when the branch coordinator comes over to melt my face becasue I don't have that phucqueing Poster in a frame