GreaseSpot Cafe

Is is Possible ?

Goey

I'd agree with most of that on the face of it. My understanding is that you've been posting on Greasespot for a long time. Whether they're here for "help" or here to express an opinion, wouldn't you be perceptive enough to see in their posts, that they might still be hurt, and therefore, want to consider how you express your opinion?

There's a lot of words in the English language, wouldn't you be able to be get your thoughts out there in some form of honest expression without "clobbering" someone over the head with it? It is possible, don't you think?

I don't know that I am "clobbering" anyone over the head.

I am posting opinions and of course am open to better ways to do that without compromising content.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am no expert but do believe they were trying desperately to help her keep her vow to God.

And.......why do you *believe* this?

What gives you the right to be spokesman over rascal's conscience and decisions?

Isn't there something in the Scriptures about being a meddler, a busybody?

And, oldies............please refresh my memory......why didn't you keep your vow to God by fixing the problem areas and GOING BACK INREZ...???

As I remember it......anytime ANYONE signed up to go inrez....then to not finish, that vow was broken and "their salt was worthless" etc. etc. Of course, let me add.......that I no longer believe THIS MANIPULATION FROM SAID CULT.

On one hand, the Scriptures admonish us to avoid ALL APPEARANCE OF EVIL..........yet, twi propounds "keeping a corps vow" even when their founder is a known plagerist, rapist, drunkard, slick-vic.

:evildenk:

Oldies, you just make me really really sad with your lack of understanding.

Your villainization of the victims in order to excuse the perpetrators of such viscious and callous acts seems like a desperate attempt to not have to deal with the reality of vpw and twi.

My understanding is that posters may express opinions of all kinds, no holds barred, as long as done with due respect. Sometimes these opinions can be very controversial and extremely emotional. But I maintain that we all are better off getting everyone's opinion out there on the table rather than dealing with some form of censorship. This is why I think the GS forums are such a great place to be. :)

No holds barred? So that makes it ok to be deliberately hurtfull? These forums are great because you are allowed to behave as cruel and thoughtless as you please to your brothers and sisters in Christ with impunity..so long as you do it with respect??

You are playing a mean game here fella

Your villainization of the victims in order to excuse the perpetrators of such viscious and callous acts seems like a desperate attempt to not have to deal with the reality of vpw and twi.

Rascal, I think it's a desperate attempt to avoid dealing with the fact that loved ones were responsible for allowing and orchestrating those heinous acts.

Imagine having to come to terms with family or loved ones being guilty of the same treachery and having a direct hand in enabling vee pee.

Imagine Ramona Bidon or Rosalie Rivenbark is your sister - you either have to call everyone else a liar or you have to admit that your sister is one evil bee-yotch.

And.......why do you *believe* this?

What gives you the right to be spokesman over rascal's conscience and decisions?

Isn't there something in the Scriptures about being a meddler, a busybody?

And, oldies............please refresh my memory......why didn't you keep your vow to God by fixing the problem areas and GOING BACK INREZ...???

As I remember it......anytime ANYONE signed up to go inrez....then to not finish, that vow was broken and "their salt was worthless" etc. etc. Of course, let me add.......that I no longer believe THIS MANIPULATION FROM SAID CULT.

On one hand, the Scriptures admonish us to avoid ALL APPEARANCE OF EVIL..........yet, twi propounds "keeping a corps vow" even when their founder is a known plagerist, rapist, drunkard, slick-vic.

:evildenk:

Skyrider,

If posting opinions on GS cafe is being a meddler and busybody, I think we all may be guilty. :)

I was dismissed from the corps; at that point the vow was broken. I failed to live up to the standards that I vowed to. I saw that, asked God for forgiveness, and moved forward being "Joe Believer". I was forgiven by God, and by twi. But at that point my desire to go corps was diminished. That was ok, because there was never a requirement to go back in residence.

I am dealing with facts and reality. Are you?

Welcome LKH,

No not at all, I'm not saying it was all the woman's fault. I'm saying that the women are partly responsible, depending on the facts of the situation.

No, the leadership is not without any blame.

Would the key be "depending on the situation?" Since pretty much none of us were actually present during Rascal's experience or anyone else's for that matter (unless you were), how the heck would we know? and therefore be qualified to assign responsibility?

Maybe this is as far as Oldiesman is going to get in acknowledging VPW's role in all of this.

I would think, though, that we've answered the question as to whether It was Possible or not.

How could YOU oldies, presume to be dealing with the facts about MY experience, or excathedras experience, marcias experience???

What could possibly qualify YOU to speak on what the reality of OUR situations were in twi????

Not to worry, *I* know, God knows, that is enough. In telling our story, maybe someone else will know and understand that they were not alone.

Shame on you for assaulting others character and veracity, in your sneaky underhanded attempts to hide the reality of our life in twi.

What kind of man are you? What kind of christian? What kind of brother? In short..you are not.

Edited by rascal

How could YOU be presume to be dealing with the facts about MY experience, or excathedras experience, marcias experience???

How could YOU possibly know what OUR reality was??? Not to worry, *I* know, God knows, that is enough, In telling our story, maybe someone else will know and understand that they were not alone.

Shame on you for trying to hide the reality of life in twi.

I know the reality of what was expected when one signed up for the corps, and the huge commitment one was making to God and twi. I think you do too, which was why you made the choices you made. That is my assessment, and you really haven't said anything about your experience that would change my mind.

I was dismissed from the corps; at that point the vow was broken. I failed to live up to the standards that I vowed to. I saw that, asked God for forgiveness, and moved forward being "Joe Believer". I was forgiven by God, and by twi. But at that point my desire to go corps was diminished. That was ok, because there was never a requirement to go back in residence.

Well, according to the strictest twi standards......when you signed up for the corps and failed, you broke your vow before God. And, "being called to the corps"........UNTIL you *fixed your shortcomings* and fortified those areas in your life, and THEN went back into inresidence to graduate, you THEN received God's favor.

Time and time again, I sat through corps meetings where veepee called any corps who quit....a cop-out. Wierwille was the one who got mean and nasty with the terminology in the '70s. Wierwille was the one who used every tool in the bag to manipulate the corps FROM LEAVING his corps program. Once you were accepted into the household of the corps.......IF YOU EVER LEFT FOR ANY REASON.....you broke your vow.

Twi kept extensive documentation of corps reports, documents, appraisals, personal bio of all the way corps. This paperwork was kept for 10 years...............why?

Yes, you say that twi "forgave" you..........but that's not WHAT THEY SAY AT CORPS MEETINGS.

You can check out anytime you want, but you can NEVER leave.

Welcome to Hotel Corps-is-for-ya. :)

I am dealing with facts and reality. Are you?

I'm NOT the one defending victor paul wierwille's cult and systematizing of errors. For me, I come to GS to bring facts and reality in focus........not sugar-coating wierwille's ministry and mogness. The guy was an opportunist, slick-savvy businessman........NOT a teacher, NOT a researcher, NOT a writer, NOT one to be trusted alone with your daughter.

I think that you are a liar then oldies, pure and simple, because I have now TOLD you exactly what the the corpes commitment was and how it was presented to me. I have TOLD you what happened to me.

You still choose to substitue your own thoughts, emotions, and ideas for MY situation.

NOW instead of merely speculating, you are just being plain dishonest.

Edited by rascal

Time and time again, I sat through corps meetings where veepee called any corps who quit....a cop-out. Wierwille was the one who got mean and nasty with the terminology in the '70s. Wierwille was the one who used every tool in the bag to manipulate the corps FROM LEAVING his corps program. Once you were accepted into the household of the corps.......IF YOU EVER LEFT FOR ANY REASON.....you broke your vow.

Well if you want to get technical, I didn't just leave, I was dismissed. There is a difference. I would have liked to stay longer and even asked Craig if I could stay longer the day that he dismissed me; but wasn't allowed to. But yes, I broke the vow, was forgiven and from that point forward attended an excellent twig fellowship.

I do know others who had the same experence as me; i.e, leaving the corps, not going back, and later attending twig and prospering. This is a fact that the folks who left the corps were always welcome back (this was pre-POP, I can't speak authoritatively after 1991).

I think that you are a liar then oldies, pure and simple, because I have now TOLD you exactly what the the corpes commitment was and how it was presented to me. I have TOLD you what happened to me.

You still choose to substitue your own thoughts, emotions, and ideas for MY situation.

NOW instead of merely speculating, you are just being plain dishonest.

No I'm not.

I believe your motives and desire was to be a blessing to God, serve God and keep your commitment. That is why I think you made the choices you made, and it follows along with your own testimony.

For heavens sake, all I wanted to do was to be a blessing to God. My heart, my motives, my desire to serve were pure and innocent.
Edited by oldiesman

Well if you want to get technical, I didn't just leave, I was dismissed. There is a difference. I would have liked to stay longer and even asked Craig if I could stay longer the day that he dismissed me; but wasn't allowed to. But yes, I broke the vow, was forgiven and from that point forward attended an excellent twig fellowship.

I do know others who had the same experence as me; i.e, leaving the corps, not going back, and later attending twig and prospering. This is a fact that the folks who left the corps were always welcome back (this was pre-POP, I can't speak authoritatively after 1991).

Technically, if you signed the corps application AND twi accepted you.......you were corps material. Whether one leaves or is dismissed is immaterial. The fact is......you fell short and broke your vow. From twi's standpoint, the fact is ......you allowed problem areas into your life and walk before God, and thus disqualified YOURSELF from the corps commitment. Further.....it was YOUR responsibility to beef up those areas of weakness and rejoin the corps, stop back-pedaling from your corps commitment.

Why do you think that SO MANY went back into the corps after leaving, or failing??.......because THAT is what twi expected "those called to the corps" to do.

According to twi.......just because YOU were dismissed, that didn't absolve you from taking the necessary steps to strengthen your weak areas, renew your mind, and walk according to the corps commitment that God had called you to.

You see, oldies........twi had/has a caste system. It keeps things nice and orderly.....and cult-like pristine. In this manner, twi doesn't have to waver on personal situations, personal issues. But according to their policies......it is STILL your responsibility to strengthen your walk AND GRADUATE FROM THE CORPS PROGRAM. Even corps spouses were not really accepted ........[vpw didn't like corps marrying non-corps].

Once again, oldies......you revere wierwille, but by HIS standards you are a failure.

<_<

Edited by skyrider

Further.....it was YOUR responsibility to beef up those areas of weakness and rejoin the corps.

I trow not. Once the vow was broken, there was no requirement to make another one. DUH.

Sounds like you are making up your own rules and regs. :)

Edited by oldiesman

How could YOU oldies, presume to be dealing with the facts about MY experience, or excathedras experience, marcias experience???

What could possibly qualify YOU to speak on what the reality of OUR situations were in twi????

Not to worry, *I* know, God knows, that is enough. In telling our story, maybe someone else will know and understand that they were not alone.

Shame on you for assaulting others character and veracity, in your sneaky underhanded attempts to hide the reality of our life in twi.

What kind of man are you? What kind of christian? What kind of brother? In short..you are not.

Why do these "experiences" always have to be accompanied by a bodyguard of protective measures wherever they travel? Claims are heard " the victims" will be upset and feel emotionally afflicted by the mere possibility their testimonies may be put under the proverbial microscope and processed through the laboratory of critical analysis. The truth is: Nobody can be insulted or demeaned by a challenge to the authenticity of a valid contention. The very nature of the world of fact is that it emerges "smelling of roses" and with credibility in yet greater glory thanks to the inquisitorial process undergone. But that's simply not possible here - and definately not with "these experiences."

The accusations of moral culpability undermine Christianity’s claim to be a creed of compassion. Instead of confronting the accusations with objective analysis, Christians prefer to wallow in a vague but real sense of guilt. One strongly suspects that the mindset that one is dealing with here is one lacking the spark of real critical intellect. Could it be those with a habit of asking probing questions have all jumped ship? Could it be then all that are left - are mediocrities and “yes men” ready to be taken in?

Yet this ever so convenient line of reasoning can always be marshalled for any case where we believe that we are right and the opposition wrong, which one imagines would cover quite a few instances. Next time you have a difference of opinion with your spouse or partner why not try this line of reasoning?

“You are wrong. You know you are wrong and are dishonestly asserting your position for an ulterior motive. Thus I am not obliged to engage in any further discussion!”

The results should be interesting.

Edited by What The Hey

I trow not. Once the vow was broken, there was no requirement to make another one.

Sounds like you are making up your own rules and regs. :)

Yes......the vow was broken by YOU.

It has nothing to do with making "another" vow.......twi EXPECTED you to fulfill your vow, the first one. YOU signed the corps application and commited..........the ball is in YOUR court.

Just because you were dismissed doesn't EXCUSE you from fulfilling your corps vow before God. If it were THAT simple, lots of others would have opted for it. :)

Don't you see it oldies.........classic MAN-MADE policies, classic twi.

Seemingly, they hold the rule book......they hold the leverage. Go ahead and try to squeeze out of it, I really don't care. I'm simply telling you what twi's standards were/are.

Me? I no longer hold to their system. I no longer hold wierwille's words as if they were gold-dipped and displayed above mantles of glory. To me, finally..........the curtains have been pulled back..........WAY BACK.

But you, oldies.........you REVERE wierwille and yet don't know HIS policies or standard of the corps. YOU defend wierwille constantly.........yet, you fail to see the pyramid structure that kept him king of his cult.

The corps program was wierwille's inner-circle cult within a cult.

:spy:

Whatthehey, you pick one post out of context, ignoring what it is in response to, and use it as a spring board into one of your favorite rants.

Oldies, your beliefs, and perceptions concerning me and MY beliefs are simply speculation at best, or base lies at worst.

Having now carefully explained MY position and MY motives, you continue to mischaracterize them both...now you have moved out of the realm of speculation and placed yourself squarely in the camp of dishonesty.

Edited by rascal

Just because you were dismissed doesn't EXCUSE you from fulfilling your corps vow before God.

Actually, it did and it does. :)

You are still basing your statement on the false premise that there was some "requirement" to make another vow once the first one was broken. DUH.

Edited by oldiesman

Whatthehey, you pick one post out of context, ignoring what it is in response to, and use it as a spring board into one of your favorite rants.

I finally had to throw in the towel and admit all these stow-ry's, while embodying some truth, is essentially atrocity propaganda aimed at bringing down VPW, TWI, etc. Freedom of opinion I see is more than a cliché. I see it as a necessity. Without this right to personal opinion and free expression we become more easily the victims of ideological and political tyrants and bullies. If we are not allowed the dignity of possessing our own minds and of expressing our insights to those we choose to express them to, we live an impoverished life in the shadow of tyranny. Any ban on the expression of ideas can give fraudsters a cover to hide behind.

Edited by What The Hey

Actually, it did and it does. :)

You are still basing your statement on the false premise that there was some "requirement" to make another vow once the first one was broken. DUH.

No.....I am basing my statements on 19 Years of Corps Meetings....where wierwille (and later, lcm) gave his "requirements" for ONCE CORPS ALWAYS CORPS......no exceptions.

Again.......I don't agree with wierwille's manipulation or the caste system that he implemented.

BUT.........I am trying to clarify to you that *you broke your corps commitment before God* and twi expected you to go back inresidence. There is no "first one"...........according to twi.

Having held many leadership positions through my 24 year involvement with twi, I had corps coordinators call me and ask about a "dismissed corps person".......wanting to know if they'd strengthened those weak areas and then, go back into the corps to fulfill their commitment.

Guess I'm sorta surprised that you, oldies do NOT know these things.....or else, you are just trying to skirt around the corps issue. You were accepted.........therefore, you were responsible to graduate and go lead others. Twi doesn't abide by statistics or dismissals......but rather, by God's calling.

You were called to the corps, right?

I would suggest that anyone's corps vow - is already excused by God as it did not originate with Him....

edited for spelling

A vow doesn't necessarily have to originate with God in order for God wanting the person to fulfill it. (Numbers 30:2)

But if you are saying that all corps vows were ungodly.. well I just disagree with that opinion.