GreaseSpot Cafe

Is is Possible ?

Goey

I'm attacking your statements. I don't know you well enough to attack you personally.

The point remains that vp rape victims. He encouraged others.

Just because there (may have been )many women that wanted to have sex with him doesn't mean he had a good excuse to drop his pants. It certainly doesn't excuse him at all from drugging and raping any woman at any time.

NOW- if he had to drug ANY WOMAN - that would indicate that she wasn't a willing participant, wouldn't it?

I see your point dooj but, if a woman seduced VP to "drop his pants" doesn't that make her guilty of phycological rape? If VP was weak in that area wouldn't it be incumbered upon the woman not to take advantage of his weakness?

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes, that was never disputed by me.

Which was why I questioned Marsha's return to his motorcoach the next day.

I don't know, seems like she was just looking for trouble and possibly encouraged additional abuse.

Who knows?

"Looking for trouble.."

Hmmmm. This statement betrays your sentiments.

A woman with boundary issues would have wanted (very naively) to go back simply because he said, "I could have screwed you, but I didn't."

She would have wanted to prove to herself that he was still a good man; that he was still the MOG that she believed him to be. She could have rationalized to herself that he "showed restraint."

Perhaps she originally wanted to confront him and then somehow convinced herself that he wouldn't do it again. Suppose she just lost her nerve about confronting him.

Edited because I started to write this post in the sense of "what if I had been Marsha..."

Edited by doojable

With oldies logic all vows should be fulfilled.

I'll even add vows to God, just to make it easier.

So if I vow to God to do something that is wrong unknowingly.

Then find out it was wrong I should fulfill this vow anyway?

B.S.

Very good.

What say ye Oldies ?

Am I obligated to fulfill an oath if :

1. My swearing an oath is wrong. (Unknown to me at the time) - James 5:12)

2. The people that asked me to swear the oath were wrong in asking. ( James 5:12)

3. Later, I am asked to do something wrong as a requirement to keep that oath.

If he cited his sources, it would be obvious that his only clever posts were cut-and-pasted

from Holocaust denial websites. That would take most of what little relevance they had away from the posts.

And he's not getting "hammered", his wrongful deeds are being exposed.

That's one thing you can expect here at the GSC.

Well, let's overlook the fact and not bother to mention or bring up WW parroting Nizkor without reference to Nizkor ... oh no. I am sure others didn't recognize him doing it but I did. Not many recognized him doing it simply because not many people are familiar with Nizkor's arguments. Of course, he mistakenly though I had not heard the same "Nizkor argument" he was bringing up on the Holocaust denial thread, but wanted it to appear he originatated the argument? :redface:

I will thoroughly admit however, that a lot of the revisionist arguments and the reasoning behind those arguments hold a lot of universal application and truth behind them. The "reality" comment I found was appropriate and since it had an universal application I brought it up in this instance. Unfortunately I can't say the same thing for many of Nizkor arguments that they present, nor does one readily find a universal application to a lot of their reasoning... That's why I'm afraid you won't find me parroting Nizkor or "plagarizing them", much like WW has.

Edited by What The Hey

By Oldiesman

"All men are born with a sexual predatory nature ....."

Care to back that up with some expert opinion? Particulary the predatory part.

I will agree with the sexual part. I will agree with sin nature. But I am not so sure that sexual predation is inate within all men at birth. You need to offer some proof concerning the "predatory" part.

Let me help you out some:

Main Entry: pred·a·to·ry

Pronunciation: \ˈpre-də-ˌtȯr-ē\

Function: adjective

a
:
of, relating to, or practicing plunder, pillage, or rapine

b
:
inclined or intended to injure or exploit others for personal gain or profit <
predatory
pricing practices>

2: living by predation : predaceous; also : adapted to predation (Merriam- Webster)

Edited by Goey

Very good.

What say ye Oldies ?

Am I obligated to fulfill an oath if :

1. My swearing an oath is wrong. (Unknown to me at the time) - James 5:12)

2. The people that asked me to swear the oath were wrong in asking. ( James 5:12)

3. Later, I am asked to do something wrong as a requirement to keep that oath.

How do you define "wrong"?

One persons "wrong" may not be another persons "wrong". Difficult to answer these questions as they can go different ways depending upon the facts of a situation and the heart and mindset of the person making the commitment or swearing the oath.

Care to back that up with some expert opinion? Particulary the predatory part.

I will agree with the sexual part. I will agree with sin nature.

But you need to prove the "predatory" part. Let me help you out some:

Main Entry: pred·a·to·ryPronunciation: \ˈpre-də-ˌtȯr-ē\

Function: adjective

1 a: of, relating to, or practicing plunder, pillage, or rapine b: inclined or intended to injure or exploit others for personal gain or profit <predatory pricing practices>2: living by predation : predaceous; also : adapted to predation

(Merriam- Webster)

I'll get back to you on that. :)

Who swore an oath??

LCM started this kick sometime while I was in residence (and vp was still alive.)

He said that anytime you said you would do something it was a 'vow.' He especially hated it when a couple announced their engagement and then broke it off.

"When thou vowest a vow..."

So, if you said you'd stop at the store on your way home, you broke a vow because you didn't keep your word.

"Say what you mean and mean what you say..."

Sooo... when you said you were going in residence - that was to be taken as a vow. No of raising your right hand was necessary.

It was manipulation. It most likely was used to guilt many into doing something they didn't want to do.

How do you define "wrong"?

One persons "wrong" may not be another persons "wrong". Difficult to answer these questions as they can go different ways depending upon the facts of a situation and the heart and mindset of the person making the commitment or swearing the oath.

OM... c'mon... define "wrong" any way you want and then answer the question... define it in simple or complex terms... just assume it's "wrong" and quit dancing around like Mike.

I've known for a while that you've come around to 'veepee holds some responsibility'... where we differ is that "veepee holds ALL of the responsibility".

I know that there were women who willingly engaged in sexual acts with veepee and others and were proud of it to boot... one (that I know of) even posts here at GSC... but that's not the point, that doesn't excuse veepee's behavior...

HE knew better, HE should've done better... unless (in his mind) it was all about money and sex from the beginning... then he'd have no thought about taking advantage of every situation he thought he could get away with... oh... wait... hmmm

:unsure: Wasn't the corpse training originally just to teach people to be good twig coordinators in their own home and town of their own choosing?

We were supposed to "Go forth as leaders and workers in areas of concern, interest and greed need."

Vp said something to the effect of us being all just twig leaders... no matter at what level we served it was just a twig leader with more responsibility.

Now I need that barf emoticon.... :evildenk:

Edited by doojable

I know that there were women who willingly engaged in sexual acts with veepee and others and were proud of it to boot... one (that I know of) even posts here at GSC... but that's not the point, that doesn't excuse veepee's behavior...

But then, we are to believe it somehow exuse's theirs? Of course, that's not supposed to be the point either, is it? The vicitm mentality here is so thick that anyone could easly cut through it with a knife if they wanted.

Edited by What The Hey

LCM started this kick sometime while I was in residence (and vp was still alive.)

He said that anytime you said you would do something it was a 'vow.' He especially hated it when a couple announced their engagement and then broke it off.

"When thou vowest a vow..."

So, if you said you'd stop at the store on your way home, you broke a vow because you didn't keep your word.

"Say what you mean and mean what you say..."

Sooo... when you said you were going in residence - that was to be taken as a vow. No of raising your right hand was necessary.

It was manipulation. It most likely was used to guilt many into doing something they didn't want to do.

I still believe its the right way to go, and biblical, even though it may be used against someone if they fail to live up to that standard. Golly, it isn't manipulation to expect someone to keep their word.

Hey folks,

I wouldn't get too incensed with Oldies sexual predator comment. He said it was a "nature" that all men were born with. Now I am not sure if men means mankind or just male humans. He will need to clarify that.

The Bible says that all men (mankind) are born with a sin nature. Sin covers a lot of area and sexual predation is certainly sin. But is that the kind of sin nature that the Bible is refering to? I don't think so.

I have read in the Bible where all men are liars, but I haven't read yet where all men are natural sexual predators.

If all men are born with a sexual predatory nature, then what is it that prevents that nature from coming out in 99 percent of the human population? If it were a knowledge of the word, fellowship with God, speaking in toungues, Apostleship, etc then it would seem that VPW would have had control over it. But Oldies has conceded that VPW did not have control over it.

Are there implications here? What can we infer?

I am interested in seeing if Oldies can provide some credible biological or antropological evidence of his statement. And not just misrepresent what I have said above and use it as his "proof".

The point is that it wouldn't have happened, and we wouldn't have these conversations IF he'd been who and what he said he was... regardless of the women's intention or not...

Life sure is easier when you can play the "blame game", isn't it? That's the reason you don't see too many with a "victim mentality' mindset displaying the same assets of one who displays a "champion mentality" mindset. A champion doesn't look for someone else to blame.

Edited by What The Hey

OM... c'mon... define "wrong" any way you want and then answer the question... define it in simple or complex terms... just assume it's "wrong" and quit dancing around like Mike.

Tom, for purposes of this discussion on oaths, we need to define our terms to make sure we are on the same page.

Perhaps we can save this for next week, but its getting awefully close to the end of the day, and its FRIDAY, and you know what that means. :)