GreaseSpot Cafe

The God Delusion

I might be repeating myself, but Candace Pert says the more scientific research she does, the more she sees there HAS to be some kind of divine source - just that she sees it/God/whatever you want to call it - more from an Easter thought frame of mind than the Western.

Doesn't Stephen Hawking also say that he doesn't know what or who caused the Big Bang and does not rule out divine intervention/divine spark/God/source or whatever you want to call it? :unsure:

I seem to remember reading that, but it was a Playboy magazine interview eons ago when I was a wee widdle college student buying it for my astronomy professor because I really needed a C in that class. :redface2:

I know the guys like Einstein are often misunderstood and presented as "believers".

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know the guys like Einstein are often misunderstood and presented as "believers".

Yes, and I'm in no way saying that Pert and Hawking are stereotypical "believers", by any stretch of the imagination - only that they do blend belief in a "higher power" with their scientific research. Pert does believe in "God" per se, but not in the traditional "Christian" perspective. Her's is more Eastern, but not classifiable as Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim or any other "type" of belief, it's a unique melding of beliefs by a brilliant scientist who also acknowledges the existence of a "higher power" to whom she does pray and believe to have a hand in our lives.

They seem to be examples of brilliant scientists who are able to weave both sets of beliefs into something that works for them as opposed to utterly chucking the whole, "God" thing. :) I'm a huge Hawking fan. Have been since my introduction to him via that Playboy article. :redface2:

Socks, I will enjoy that article with my morning cuppa joe. Thank you. :)

If someone were trying to integrate what they've been taught and believed their whole life with an intense interest, belief and "proof based" mindset of scientific research - it is possible and, I think, God doesn't care how you get there.

Edited by Belle

. . .

http://richarddawkins.net/forum/

it’s a board but they say they are logic but they are not

I told them by Richard Dawkins reasons love is a Delusion too

but it only took hours before I was banned and I only used logic with title

“Love is a Delusion”

. . .

Yep, seems like there's plenty of folks out there who see love as a delusion.