GreaseSpot Cafe

Called Out - 11th Corps group

DogLover

• 2 weeks later...
I was just thinking of how much I enjoyed the "Called Out" tape by the group of the same name ... they were 11th Corps at Emporia. Does anyone have a tape or CD they would burn and sell to me? I would be most grateful!

DogLover

I have a copy of the tape in question, but I can't guarantee the condition.

Well I did buy the jumbo bag of sponges to soak it all up I must confess. But the screen name was a clue :wink2:

Well lets see you guys did that tape in 83 hard to believe it was that long ago.. So next year will be the 25th Anniversary boxed set edition release with rare tracks and out takes? With liner notes and DVD of the session recording? Of course I will expect the autograph set. Seriously I always loved the tape myself liked the cover of Love Lifted Me and the Cue of Fire.

Edited by WhiteDove

Well I did buy the jumbo bag of sponges to soak it all up I must confess. But the screen name was a clue :wink2:

Well lets see you guys did that tape in 83 hard to believe it was that long ago.. So next year will be the 25th Anniversary boxed set edition release with rare tracks and out takes? With liner notes and DVD of the session recording? Of course I will expect the autograph set. Seriously I always loved the tape myself liked the cover of Love Lifted Me and the Cue of Fire.

there actually IS a tape somewhere of outtakes. one in particular i remember was us dissolving into hysterical laughter, trying to nail the vocals for one of those four-part harmony songs, i forget which. but it was like 3 in the morning, and we were all exhausted (surprise!). amazingly, we pulled ourselves together and did it.

glad you liked it, though. listening now, i wish it had more balls. it's sad to me how it has NO rough edges--and we thought we were pushing the envelope.

Given the restraints and the time frame you were propably pushing the edge at the time. Listen today to "I wanna hold your hand " or other early Beatles stuff which was the edge,and you see how much time has moved the edge. Most of the Way Productions folks have done a far superior job doing their own production work.

Check out Leon's Still Got Him tracks I think he has come a long ways since. Some may not like the lyric content but the musicis vastly improved.

Here

Edited by WhiteDove

Given the restraints and the time frame you were propably pushing the edge at the time. Listen today to "I wanna hold your hand " or other early Beatles stuff which was the edge,and you see how much time has moved the edge. Most of the Way Productions folks have done a far superior job doing their own production work.

Check out Leon's Still Got Him tracks I think he has come a long ways since. Some may not like the lyric content but the musicis vastly improved.

Here

i forgot all about him! it's cool that his whole family plays. thanks.