GreaseSpot Cafe

Who are . . .

Larry N Moore

Hey, I`ve been moderated shrug...I know others who have...most of us decide to accept responsibility that what we did was unacceptable in this community and decide to behave ourselves.

No hard feelings. I was never treated with anything other than respect.

This is PAW`s place...we play by HIS rules, which by the way are extremely simple...and everybody gets a voice.

Instead of finding fault with him and this site...why not attempt to do what it takes to be a benefit rather than creating a problem?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry, when you have your own board that you run with your own money and own time... then you can make the rules.

We have a lot of freedom here, to compare this place to TWI... well... there's the real load of CRAP.

About all that's required of folks here is some common courtesy. Something you have failed to show pretty much from the start.

Personally I haven't read your posts in a long time because they were always so argumentative and accusatory... I got a bad vibe from you so I don't read you.

It just seemed like all you wanted to do was fight. Now there are plenty of argumentative people that inhabit this place... but that's not their sole purpose... it almost seems like it is yours.

that's my opinion, it costs nothing and is probably worth less than you paid for it...

P.S. This post was edited to draw attention to what I told Paw in another post (which is not intended to be viewed by the general populace.

Funny I thought if some of the members of Greasespot had shown me a little common courtesy, then perhaps I wouldn't be where I am today. Of course, I'm sure you and many others won't see it that way.

Apparently you were/are mistaken.

P.S. This post was edited to draw attention to what I told Paw in another post (which is not intended to be viewed by the general populace.

Funny I thought if some of the members of Greasespot had shown me a little common courtesy, then perhaps I wouldn't be where I am today. Of course, I'm sure you and many others won't see it that way.

Apparently you were/are mistaken.

Oh. So you do see it that way. Then why didn't you show me a little common courtesy? ;)

<snip>Larry, if you don't yet see why you came to the attention of the moderators, or think it's unfair, I suggest you re-read the thread in question, and note how often and with what character your posts were on that thread, and listen to how folks responded to you in that thread. <snip>

Dan, I took your suggestion and started reading through my posts (from the beginning). I'm currently looking over the thread A Few Big Things I Learned Taking PFAL. If that's the one you're referring to I will have to respectfully disagree with your point of view. I was NOT the first one to "cast stones". I know, I know -- Two wrongs do not make a right -- but singling me out while ignoring who started the "fight" is -- well -- it's bs.

Dan, here's a quote from that thread. Re-read the whole thread again and maybe (just maybe) you might see where I made an effort to be reasonable and even tried to lighten up the discussion but continued to be attacked personally.

Dooj, it's very simple. If rascal had taken the time to pay attention to what followed after Dot made her point and a few other comments were made and then a voice of reason came along -- You -- and called for a time out and the subsequent comments were light-hearted or fluff (if you prefer) then perhaps she might not have GONE THERE with her post that amounted to nothing more than "stirring the pot" again. I can only surmise that either she didn't bother reading the posts from the point of Dot's last post or he deliberately choose to GO THERE and try to start a ....ING CONTEST. Could I have ignore it. Sure. But obviously SHE has some need to attract attention to HERSELF. I was just giving HER what she seemed to crave. Attention.

In any case this has all become moot if in fact she follows through on her intent to put me on ignore. Problem solved. smile.gif

(snip)

To call me a troll because I don't share the same opinion that the majority does is pure crap.

To say that's why you're being considered a troll is pure crap.

To invoke an example, Oakspear and I disagree doctrinally on nearly every particular.

However, we have civil discussions and mutual respect. Ever see a shouting match

between us?

NO.

We treat each other with MANNERS, consistent with how people are treated online,

and how Christians are supposed to treat each other.

Oakspear's not a Christian, and sees that clearly.

Supposedly, you should see it more clearly than Oakspear.

You've been told lots of times, by lots of different people, that courtesy and manners

were the main problem with your posts. You've ignored all of that and maintain

that it's your opinions that people disagree with.

Ever consider that many of us would agree with a number of doctrines you do,

if they weren't being presented in objectionably rude ways?

I LIKE to agree with other Christians and respect the differences where I can.

So far, the non-Christians at the GSC- and there's a number of them-

make that a possibility with them. Supposedly, it should be easier with you.

I think it's wrong for you to voice your opinion of why you did what you are doing without affording me the opportunity to defend myself publicly. If I'm wrong (in my opinion) then at least have enuf confidence in the intelligence of the members of Greasespot to make up their own minds. All they're hearing is your side of the story. I can't believe you are so insecure about your actions that you aren't willing to defend them -- PUBLICLY.
A) You are the one who started this.

Please don't insult our intelligences by pretending you DIDN'T mean to make a PUBLIC ISSUE of

you're posting status.

Therefore, this BEGAN (scroll up this thread) because they were hearing "your side of the story."

Paw simply responded with his side once you'd presented yours.

Saying otherwise is dishonest. And transparent.

B) Admins and moderators make a lot of decisions on a board.

I do not expect to see either of them all over this thread, justifying their decisions over and over

to your satisfaction,

partly because I believe that there would never be an end to rehashing it if it we discussed it

"to your satisfaction." I see you having made the deliberate decision to conduct yourself the way

you wished, and then to disregard when others politely told you your conduct was inappropriate for

the format and location you were engaging in it.

Eventually, action was taken to reflect this, as others made their own decisions.

The staff responded to your decisions, and where you took them.

Now you're objecting to standards being enforced-despite receiving warnings that there were

standards, and that you weren't measuring up to them.

To continue to rehash that ad nauseum is neither expected of staff, nor appropriate,

nor profitable, since it won't be needed for anyone else, and it won't convince you at all.

The other part is that staff normally do not engage in lengthy discussions on their actions,

especially when they feel it necessary to take action on a poster who has warranted action.

That's true of every messageboard all over cyberspace.

You don't get to dictate policy here.

Neither do I.

Paw has made a point of explaining himself already on this thread.

You may now choose to drop the issue and continue to post, hopefully with some manners,

or leave and see if you can find a messageboard that had policies you like.

You can even make your own messageboard and make your own policies, and see if

anyone shows up.

Or you can take the low road and throw a tantrum.

Up to you- use your free will.

I admit, I consider this a very inventive reinterpretation of your conduct at the GSC,

and I think anyone who reviews your post history would find it so as well.

I admit, I consider this a very inventive reinterpretation of your conduct at the GSC,

and I think anyone who reviews your post history would find it so as well.

Funny (not really) that you would say this seeing as how YOU happen to be one of the first ones I've engaged here that treated me in a condescending and discourteous fashion. Of course you don't see it that way, but if you were to take dan's suggestion and re-read my posts from the beginning you (or others) might see where I just got tired of your arrogant and condescending tone in your responses to me. So I slapped you back. I suppose that's something you just can't get over -- having someone stand up to your bull.

Paw, I'm sure there's reasons. My point, it's not worth it. Screening - does that mean someone reads it and then hits it up? Pete and Repete - why bother? It just seems like an incredible waste of time.

My vote, and geez, this feels like the Coliseum or something but since it's been brought to everyone's attention why not -

Allow Larry to post, with an agreement that the problem is recognized and handled.

If it comes up again, "delete". Larry's out, gone.

If it were me, I'd expect the same thing. Get along or get out. Amscray Ootscay. How can we miss you if you won't go away? Awww, don't go. Yet. Okay - now. Go.

Larry you said

"I find it ironic that for a group of people who think it's their business what the leaders of TWI and CES do, someone would make this kind of argument. For a group of people who complain that they weren't allowed to question the decisions and policy of leaders of the same two groups to say that I have no right to challenge the policy of the leaders (moderators and/or administrators) of Greasespot imo seems hypocritical. "

I totally agree with what you said, gets a little stuffy around here at times, kind of cliquish, wouldn't you say?!

Allow Larry to post, with an agreement that the problem is recognized and handled.

Based on his last post, I'd say the problem is NOT recognized, at least not by the one who should be doing the recognizing.. :)

Edited by Belle

Larry you said

"I find it ironic that for a group of people who think it's their business what the leaders of TWI and CES do, someone would make this kind of argument. For a group of people who complain that they weren't allowed to question the decisions and policy of leaders of the same two groups to say that I have no right to challenge the policy of the leaders (moderators and/or administrators) of Greasespot imo seems hypocritical. "

I totally agree with what you said, gets a little stuffy around here at times, kind of cliquish, wouldn't you say?!

(my bold)

Cowgirl, if by "cliquish" you mean that there seems to be "a lot of folks that hold the same opinions" and have "the same way of looking at things" and have developed "cyber-friendships" by hanging out here... then yes, it is kind of "cliquish" (I think you invented a word)...

Heck, I think I belong (inadvertantly) to several "cliques" here... and I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing... I think it's natural.

BUT... to address the part of Larry's quote in bold above... that comparison does not hold water IMO... because a lot of us invested and committed our lives and our money in TWI (and CES) and therefore did (and do) have the right to challenge them... unless I'm missing something here, no one has invested and committed ANYTHING to GSC other than we seem to spend a lot of time hanging out here... and by "here" I mean a website/discussion board that is provided to us free of charge... I don't think there is anyone hanging out here against their will... there's no mind control being practiced (as far as I can tell)...

To claim that you (or anyone) has "the right to challenge" the person who owns this board, and the people who give their time to help moderate it... that is a load of krap.

In reality NONE OF US even have "the right" to post here... we're lucky that we have this place at all... and all "the management asks is that we keep it to a low roar, play nice and clean up after ourselves...

That being said... the management (as far as I know) has always had an "open door policy" with a lot of the policies and their application here...

Edited by Tom Strange

Paw if you want to know why I came back it's really simple. I have the freedom of will to change my mind. And I have the freedom to voice my opinion about what I believe to be wrong. If you don't think so, then the whole concept of Greasespot is a lie. To call me a troll because I don't share the same opinion that the majority does is pure crap.

Larry, You certainly have freedom of speech. At this site there are rules, simple and undemanding, The site has been successful for many years. If you can't follow the rules, I suggest that you don't post. I put you on moderation for violating them, it will remain that way for the next few weeks. You are free to protest, but the decision was already made. As far as the troll comment, you incite and stir things up. Example, you started a new thread wondering if mods read PM's, you could have just as easily sent me an email. This thread, you know your way around a board, you probably knew the names of the mods before you started the thread, but again questions like that are normally an email. You enjoy "stirring it up" I have NO problem with opposing views, you can ask Oldies, Mike and others they have had the opportunity to say what they feel. You do too, if you stop the personal attacks.

Do I "catch" every attack? No. The community for the past 4 years have made ample use of the "report" button in every thread. This has been a successful approach. I have gotten about 4 reports just today and they were all acted upon successfully. Stuff does get missed. That's the nature of the beast.

This all reminds me of a Bugs Bunny cartoon. Bugs had done a lot of damage and at the end of the cartoon he says, "Hmm. Could I have maybe gone too far???" The next frame has him tied up and chained and restrained extremely and he says, "Mmmnyatt. COULD BE!!!!!"

Once I used a word that is borderline vulgar, yet used often by both men and women. It's most common meaning is used to express dislike for mostly situations, but sometimes people. Before the post was displayed, there was a message saying I'd used a "trigger word" and that the post would be screened before being displayed. The next time I came online it was displayed and that was the only time that's ever happened to me.

A few times I've been warned by moderators to calm down and take disputes with certain posters outside the forums, but to me it's all about communication. We are all intelligent and are able to use other ways to express anger, offense, and other negative feelings if one way is forbidden. I like Larry because he is more likely to agree with my posts that many here and I hope he stays, but it's really his call.

I second what others have said, that we have a lot of freedom here and IMO the moderators do a good job.

By the way, I gave the impression that I did the moderating. I share the great honor with a number of others that do more than their fair share. I take over ones like this that are particularly bothersome and time consuming since much of the angst is directed toward me.

I'd like to add something to what Paw said.

The threads are often self-regulating, which is as it should be. The community works. But as you remember, Larry, you posted like 75 times in a "snipey" way (cowgirl... is that a word?) until the thread, which was not about you, became about you, because you so annoyed the community that was trying to discuss a subject. You didn't get that. You refused to hear what others were telling you, and it escalated until you got moderated. The system works. Now here you are playing the victim. You were the aggressor, bro.

It's useful "processing" to interact with the range of personalities here at GS. Conflict is going to happen. People are at varying stages of healing and growth. But a measure of civility and care is necessary. There are boundaries. They're way out there; one would think Christians wouldn't even get near them, much less cross them.

hello everyone!........................larry.......your language, attitudes and behavior speak for themselves............and they depict a person full of rage who can throw a "hissy fit" at the drop of a hat....................imo....you have demonstrated some of the most self-serving and discourteous posting habits i have seen here at the greasespot!...............unless you get your way, on your terms within your time frame.......you seem incapable of calm, respectful dialogue with anyone who chooses not to agree with you...................this is not a common posting pattern of many other members here......

but, apparently it is a common posting habit of mr. moore.................i did a google search of "larry n moore".................very interesting what came across my computer screen!..............it seems larry, that you have inflicted yourself on many other forums with a similar posting pattern to the one you have displayed here!

your record speaks for itself.............in much the same way it does here at the greasespot cafe!!..............it seems your posting personality is "equally engaging" on many other sites as it has been here!............maybe you'll hurry to try to cover your tracks...........but, in the meantime, why don't those of you who "want larry back" do the same search i did and check out larry n moore on some of his other "dumping grounds"????.............you've been a member here since may of this year...............in that time, you have chosen to wear out your welcome instead of enjoying it................why not return to your many other sites, if the greasespot is so "unkind" or "unfair" to you...............why not spread your joy around where you've been before instead of "torturing" yourself here at the greasespot????

better yet, larry..............why not start your very own website, where you can be "the boss"???...........spend some time talking to yoursef the way you talk to others and see how you feel about yourself.............be your own moderator and fight with yourself..........turn your rage upon yourself and see how you react to it................maybe then you'll understand how you've treated the posters and moderators here at the spot..............maybe then you'll feel for yourself what it's like for the real world to have to deal with the real larry n moore!!...............maybe...............maybe not!.................................peace.

Edited by Don'tWorryBeHappy

Funny (not really) that you would say this seeing as how YOU happen to be one of the first ones I've engaged here that treated me in a condescending and discourteous fashion. Of course you don't see it that way, but if you were to take dan's suggestion and re-read my posts from the beginning you (or others) might see where I just got tired of your arrogant and condescending tone in your responses to me. So I slapped you back. I suppose that's something you just can't get over -- having someone stand up to your bull.

Ok, went back to discussions where we interacted.

The first one was the "holy thing" discussion.

The thread started here: http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=14337

The discussion had many people agreeing and disagreeing, some using verses of Scripture, some not.

At one point, I posted this: http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=337336

You responded here: http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=337622

Saying that my explanation-with verses- didn't support the conclusion with the verses.

So, I said I'd lay it out again in plain English shortly.

Which I did, verse by verse, and point by point, here: http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=337794

Which took a considerable amount of time, was simple and straightforward,

and addressed your concerns IN GOOD FAITH.

Your response was that you couldn't see my position supported in the posts. http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=337841

Since it seemed to me that you were deliberately being obtuse, I asked what YOU get from those SAME verses.

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=337879

Jean and I, BTW, had disagreed on a number of specifics. She and I were disagreeing rather politely

on the thread at the same time. She also attempted to clarify your points.

In the process, you gave a link with some text- which was UNSOURCED.

ANYONE can make a statement and not SOURCE it-which is what that person did,

which means none of us can check whether it was a reliable statement or just hearsay,

because we can't check their SOURCE.

I pointed that out, and not in an impolite fashion, right here: http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=338246

Your immediate response to that was here: http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=338256

Where you said there was "a limit to your patience", to something that was fairly neutral posting.

I posted-again with manners-replying to it here: http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=338260

Your reply to THAT was to tell me to get off my high horse, here: http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=338266

At that point, I couldn't figure out what questions you supposedly had unanswered.

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=338402

I pointed out that whatever they were, they seem to have gotten lost, and a recap might be

good-which was what I'd do for you.

I also pointed out you claimed I didn't cite anything except myself,

despite the fact I'd gone verse-by-verse through 2 different versions, and cited them properly.

You then said you weren't going to recap your questions, and were going to instead explain where you got

me on a high horse. http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=338422

Which I explained in the next post. http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=338424

Once I explained in detail, your only response was that you felt you were dealing with a teenager.

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=338427

Things then settled down for several pages between us.

(Other posters had their own issues.)

Until you posted some people's names fully, and I told you a standing policy against that.

I said "please." http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=339856

Your reply was to change the name, and add "Don't you have anything better to do?"

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=339856

You also seemed angry I mentioned that, but some names made it fine.

So, a moderator stated the rule.

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=340046

So you dropped it rather sensibly.

The rest of the thread went as amicable as threads generally go.

=========

"YOU happen to be one of the first ones I've engaged here that treated me in a condescending and discourteous fashion. Of course you don't see it that way, but if you were to take dan's suggestion and re-read my posts from the beginning"

Ok, did that.

"you (or others) might see where I just got tired of your arrogant and condescending tone in your responses to me. So I slapped you back."

Others might interpret it differently, but I just reread them, and it STILL doesn't look that way.

I do recall (but can't lay my hands on the post at this moment) that you later claimed you equated LONG posts

with NONSENSE posts, that you objected to posts on the basis of their length rather than their

content. Since some of my posts need room to explain something in detail, I noticed that would mean you

would object to my posts with no regard to the content.

That means a short, illogical post could be embraced while a long, clearly-stated,

well-documented post would be rejected, just because it was longer.

(Although the length was what made it more useful, more clear, more logical.)