GreaseSpot Cafe

Greetings Y'all

hmh

I am new to this site. A little about me. I never was Way Corp or any of those things. I first got involved in 1987 in Mobile Alabama at my first Coast Guard duty station. The people who I attended fellowship with actually shielded me from what was happening in the ministry. While things occured that I was initially not aware of, as the time went on and I began moving around the country I noticed several things that were happening. I do not consider myself a follower of any one person or their ministry. I have not attended fellowship since 2000 where I currently live in Florida. I have noticed that the branch off's of the original ministry still try to follow the original teachings of VPW. I do not totally agree with all of what he taught, and I question some of the translations and even the areas that he concentrated on. I do feel, however, that God did place me in the right place for a reason. I feel what has happened in the Way is a result of people following man instead of God. When something becomes organized religion, the man is putting his own rules into the mix. Sometimes we cannot always help it, but it is something we should be aware of. If there is one thing that I did notice during my time with those who were involved with the Way and the breakoff's after, is that there was, and in some cases, an arrogant attitude towards those who were going to churches, such as Catholics, Baptists, and others. I do not believe on religion is better than others. Some do concentrate on man made rules more than the Word of God, but who are we to judge who is better than the other. I do believe that all believers of God and Jesus Christ regardless of class of religion will be in heaven, not just the followers of VPW or the Way. Like anything else, focus on God and Jesus Christ instead of the person who is reading from his notes and the Bible. :)

I do not believe on religion is better than others. Some do concentrate on man made rules more than the Word of God, but who are we to judge who is better than the other. I do believe that all believers of God and Jesus Christ regardless of class of religion will be in heaven, not just the followers of VPW or the Way. Like anything else, focus on God and Jesus Christ instead of the person who is reading from his notes and the Bible. :)

Amen! And welcome to the Spot!

If I can help in anyway please let me know.