GreaseSpot Cafe

Doctor Who fans..

Ham

• 2 years later...

I am glad I found this tread again! Pardon me for being late I am a time lord myself, in a alternative time smile.gif ! In a alternative regenation. Found an intresting video about Dr. who! Its 40 minutes long enjoy! http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8641447526313476464&ei=kRWVS6P6Nd6FlgeB2qD3Ag&q=Dr+who+adventures+in+time+and+space&hl=en#

btw, Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor will be seen begining Saturday, April 17(just 2 weeks after being shown on BBC Prime/Wales) on BBC America.

• Upvote 1

I hope it was not William hartnell was not the role model. I don't know how he was the doctor for 4 years he was a mean cranky character. He did mello out a bit once his grandaughter left the show. I quess maybe its a cultural thing in the UK.

hey Hartnell was suppose to be a cranky old grandfather figure. It's Colin Baker's Doctor that seemed to be really mean with about almost strangling Peri Brown in the first episode. Man, what a grouch. Even Trial of a Timelord season never really mellowed him. I know that there has always been a dark side to the Doctor. Did any of you see the episode The End Of Time with the return of the Time Lords?

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner
  • Upvote 1

I known what you mean. Once tom baker left the show he was a hard act to follow. John pertwee was very good. Then peter davidson well I am not saying he was bad doctor but I though he was too nice, then colin baker was too aggressive. Mr Maccoy well. I don't known I thought he was miscast as the doctor. he never seem too fit the role to me.

I think Slyvester was ok but Michael Grade who was BBC program director(who fired Colin) already decided that Doctor Who had outlived its purpose. Paul McGann did alright(I hated the script). Then Chris Eeclestron wussed out adter 1 season. Russell Davies always wanted David Tennant to play the Doctor in the revived role. Curious to see how Matt Smith will do. :confused: btw, what do you think about Cushing's 2 movies?

• Upvote 1

I was kind of hoping the sylvester Maccoy was going to be more like patrick trouton. I think the last few years from colin baker to maccoy the scripts frankly were terrible. I did read that colin baker was so angry at the bbc when he got fired that he refused to to the regenration senquence. I mean the blonde wig and the special effects were pretty bad. Pau magann was good in the tv movie it sold in the uk but not here in the USA. Erica roberts was miscast as the master. I was suprized that chris elclestron left after one year. I thought he did pretty good. I am trying to find the artical but chris only wanted to do it for one year. I like david tennet he was the closest thing to tom baker. as for the two movies cushing movies it was good for its time. I look back at it now its pretty dated cushing doctor was human in the movies. I think the real good regerention senquence was from hartnell to trouton, back in 1967 it must have been quite a shock to change the actor. the real sad thing was there was a few missing shows from doctor 1 and 2. I don't know if they can ever restore them or ever find them.

Some friends introduced me to the program when Chris Eeclestron was Dr Who... I totally loved him as Who... he was funny and odd and smart and charming all at the same time... One of my friends was very into Tenant... but I have to say it wasn't as fun for me with him.. he did bring a darkness to the character that is for sure... but then I haven't been following it for years so I am sure I do not realize what Dr Who is supposed to be like. Also his relationship with Rose was awesome... Yes i am a romantic at heart!

@ Ham your reincarnated lifes made me LOL!

Edited by leafytwiglet

I think one of the most touching monments in Dr. Who history was the return of sara jane smith played by elizabeth sladen who was with jon pertwee for one year (dr. no 3 ) and tom baker( Dr.no 4) for 2 years.

The look on sara jane face when she saw the tardis was quite moving then when she saw dr. no 10 david tennet was priceless!

One of my kids painted the inside of their bedroom door to look like the Tardis.

I figure I've done something right as a parent.

That is soooo funny! Good on ya mom! My mom would never have let me paint anything in my room.

Anyways, I'm a big Doctor Who fan. I also have watched many of the Monty Python shows/ movies on DVD.

I've seen all of the Doctor Who with Chris and David as the Doctor and most of the Doctor Who Confidential's. Not quite as thrilled about Torchwood but have seen most of them

Also loved Red Dwarf But hey,... it's Sci-Fi without an American Accent, so the old shows weren't Star Trek calibre..... or "Star Wars" ILM Quality even

Anyone remember UFO? My Dad left me a Huge DVD collection when he died. Space 1999? oh there's so many good old (crappy) shows...... <grin>

I think one of the most touching monments in Dr. Who history was the return of sara jane smith played by elizabeth sladen who was with jon pertwee for one year (dr. no 3 ) and tom baker( Dr.no 4) for 2 years.

The look on sara jane face when she saw the tardis was quite moving then when she saw dr. no 10 david tennet was priceless!

Don't forget K-9!

I could never forget K-9! There are 3 diffrent versions of k-9. I know dr.no 4 left one with sara jane it was one show with k-9 .He also left another one with leia after she stayed on gallifery in The invasion of time, and another one with romana 2 after he and adric in warriors gate from e-space. I remembers UF0 series I thought that show was too serious and depressing. I like space 1999 the second season was made for american but the show was canceled. I could not believe the frist season so many people got killed off. I was amazed that anyone was left. I saw red dwarf that was a funny show!

Edited by nyunknown

btw, loved the YouTube video of the various versions of the theme.

all of them, but especially Peter's, Colin's, and Slyvester's rock versions.

E parlando del disci infinita improbabilita.

Meaning and speaking of the infinite improbabily drive ( yes gen-2 I am paying attention)biglaugh.gif !

Douglass adams was a great writer when he wrote Hitchhiker guide to the galaxy. I prefer the tv series when it was here on PBS rather than the movie,also wrote some of the Dr. who shows He wrote the Pirate planet the second serial in the key to time in season 16.

Edited by nyunknown

E parlando del disci infinita improbabilita.

Meaning and speaking of the infinite improbabily drive ( yes gen-2 I am paying attention)biglaugh.gif !

Douglass adams was a great writer when he wrote Hitchhiker guide to the galaxy. I prefer the tv series when it was here on PBS rather than the movie,also wrote some of the Dr. who shows He wrote the Pirate planet the second serial in the key to time in season 16.

"The Infinite Improbability Drive is a wonderful new method of crossing interstellar distances in a few seconds; without all that tedious mucking about in hyperspace. As the Improbability Drive reaches infinite improbability, it passes through every conceivable point in every conceivable universe almost simultaneously. In other words, you're never sure where you'll end up or even what species you'll be when you get there. It's therefore important to dress accordingly. The Infinite Improbability Drive was invented following research into finite improbability which was often used to break the ice at parties by making all the molecules in the hostess' undergarments leap one foot simultaneously to the left in accordance with the theory of indeterminacy. Many respectful physicists said they wouldn't go to stand for that sort of thing, partly because it was a debasement of science, but mostly because they didn't get invited to those sort of parties."

-Douglas Adams -

• Upvote 1

Ok I will take a crack at this I am sorry I do not have a bable fish. That thing I told you before. I used it tell me if you think its right. Unless you wants RonG to look at it.

Is é an éisc bheaga Babel, buí agus leechlike, agus is dócha an rud oddest i na Cruinne. Fothaí sé ar fhuinneamh brainwave a fuarthas nach as a iompróir féin ach ar fud na sé. Absorbs sé gach minicíochtaí unconscious mheabhrach as seo brainwave fuinnimh a cothaigh féin leis. Excretes sé sin isteach ar an aigne a iompróra i maitrís telepathic a foirmíodh le chéile na minicíochtaí a shíl comhfhiosach le comharthaí a roghnaíodh nerve suas ó na hionaid caint ar an inchinn a bhfuil ar fáil dóibh. Is é an upshot praiticiúla a bhaineann le gach seo más rud é go bata tú iasc Babel i do chluas is féidir leat tuiscint a fháil ar aon ní a láithreach a dúirt tú i bhfoirm ar bith den teanga. Na patrúin urlabhra éisteacht leat féin dhíchódú an maitrís brainwave atá curtha chothú i d'intinn ag do iasc Babel.

By the way its douglass adams who wrote the the book " So long and thank for all the fish!"

Edited by nyunknown

No offense nyunknown, but just stick to English and don't worry about what Ron G. thinks (he's not fluent in Scottish Gaelic anyways). That translator leaves a lot to be desired; the grammar and spelling are off and it leaves several words untranslated.

No offense nyunknown, but just stick to English and don't worry about what Ron G. thinks (he's not fluent in Scottish Gaelic anyways). That translator leaves a lot to be desired; the grammar and spelling are off and it leaves several words untranslated.

Ok no problem. I jusy wanted to see if it worked.

• 2 weeks later...