GreaseSpot Cafe

How hard would it be for you to leave, right now?

At the time this happened, we were told by a former region leader who had also been on staff that after we got the tour and lunch, we would have been brought into a private room or office in the OSC building and been screamed at and "confronted" about all our questions by a number of heavy TWI hitters.

This man said he'd seen it happen many times when he was a staffer. He said the reason they want people there is so they are in control of the situation and have the upper hand.

As you can see by John's response to Rosalie, we chose not to make the trip! We were expected to stop whatever it is we were doing, find someone to watch our kids, pay for plane fare to Dayton and rent a car to get to HQs. We weren't given a time frame, but our BC said the sooner we go the better. The BC's wife also said that she would have considered it an honor to be invited to HQ's by the WOG and couldn't believe we didn't rush up there immediately!

Anyway - it's all off topic! But as the song goes, I love to tell the story...

Hope R. color>size>face>

"And I'm on my way, I don't know where I'm going.I'm on my way, takin' my time but I don't know where." P. Simonsize>

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(careening off topic....

Hope, they're a kick, hey? The same tired a$$ people saying the same tired a$$ things and flogging the same poor ol' tired a$$ dead horse.

"Look at how wonderful we are, can it be so bad when we all smile soooooo much?!" Meanwhile somebody's porking someone else's wife or husband in the next room. The only fun thing about being alone in a room with their "heavy hitters" would be to lock the door and say "Now NOBODY gets out till I say so...." icon_wink.gif;)-->

Maybe they should've just had a big box of condoms out in the entrance to the WOW auditorium before SNS's. Then everyone would have at least known what to expect. icon_mad.gif .........back to topic at hand....)

-----------------------------

quack

What Fence refers to Hebrews 10:25

==============================================================================

"It's still easy to stay in. I don't want to forsake the assembling together with like-minded believers."

==============================================================================

However, SCRIPTURE does NOT say we are to assemble together with "LIKE-MINDED BELIEVERS", it says "assembling of OURSELVES together".

Who is "ourselves" referring to in the context?

The book of Hebrews was addressed to belivers with a Jewish background, who still wanted to be bound by law. They still wanted to go to the temple and synagogue, where the priest offered sacrifices for sins. Believers attending temple and synagogue were forsaking the assembling together with

their brethren in Christ who were free from bondage of law.

Today, The TWI Auditorium and TWI household fellowships are like the Temple and synagogues. You people in TWI fail to realize and appreciate your own relatives, your next door neighbor, those you work with daily (secular job, ugh! a twi term), people you shop with...almost all these people are Christians outside of TWI, you TWI innies forsake assembling together with them. "Assembling together" does NOT mean sitting in the same church service with "like-minded believers" who agree with TWI!

This is who "ourselves" refers to in Hebrews:

Hebrews 10

19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

21 And having an high priest (JESUS The Annointed One) over the house of God;

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

It is impossible to leave TWI if you think TWI is "it" or if the BOD and HFC are your "high priest over the house of God."

You need a new and living WAY. Don't test the water by dipping your toe...jump right in...have your heart sprinkled from an evil conscience with pure water.

TWI is a whited sepulchre,with death inside, defiling all you unsuspecting innies. Come clean. Wake up and smell the fresh air outside of TWI.

Then never go back...don't be like a dog returning to his vomit to lick it up, or like a washed sow returning to wallow in muck.

You have been there, done that, gotten the tee shirt. Now move on the follow Lord Jesus the Christ! You will be amazed how far you can go outside of TWI.

[This message was edited by Golfie on March 08, 2003 at 4:31.]

Golfie,

You make some very good points. I think the problem stems from years of teaching that TWI "believers" are the ONLY believers and the only ones who are like-minded. It's worse, I think, initially when you come here and find out that there is no church where they don't believe that JC is not God unless you go to a so-called off-shoot and then you're told that they are just like TWI or no better.

I've heard people in TWI go so far as to say that the Epistles are written ONLY to TWI because they are addressed to "THE FAITHFUL IN CHRIST" and we all know that only TWI believers are considered faithful in Christ.

It's a very hard battle even when you want to break the mindset. I avoid every use of "faithful", "believer", "household", "Zion" and other catch phrases of TWI, especially when I'm talking with other TWI people. I want to dispel those wrong teachings and remind them that God has other kids out there that He loves just as much, if not more, than TWI people and that they darn well oughta love them too since that's what God and JC say to do.

That's only the first step, imo, to getting to the mindset that you need to have to be able to leave TWI when you don't know all the awful things that have happened.

Golfie,

"Assembling of ourselves together" is one Greek word, which is used only one other time and translated as "gathering together."

What is the hallmark of the gathering together? All those born of holy spirit by the grace of God and complete redemption through Christ, no matter what they believed or who they followed, gathered in one body....

The exclusivity of TWI is certainly not what I think of when I desire not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together. I simply choose who best lives the Word as I do and is committed to it above all.

What Fence? means that even though there may be divisions among believers, I know that God honours each one's believing, and we are free to share whatever we are comfortable sharing with each other.

What Fence?

If you add to the Word of God, then you no longer have God's word.

For example:

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body

TWI: There is one functioning household of like-minded believers practically applying the rightly divided (the Way International)

Since you believe TWI's private interpretion of that verse, you will not enjoy fellowship with the one body of Christ.

If you think TWI BOD and Way Corpse HFC are "who best lives the Word as I do and is committed to it above all" then you are sadly deceived. You will have a difficult time seeing the light.

-------------------------------------------------

"One of the last bits of Waybrain to go is the smug self-assurance that I Know The Truth. Until you shed that, you can't really get out of TWI, no matter how long ago you left." -- Zixar

posted March 11, 2003 19:48

-------------------------------------------------

[This message was edited by Golfie on March 11, 2003 at 23:33.]

Welcome what fence?.

thanks for answering the question.

I'm glad to see a few new innie faces.

You know my whole life as an innie and I always had an outie. Now I'm an outie and my outie has become an innie. Are you still an innie when outside? Am I an outie inside or only on the outside? How many outies are only outies because they came out? How many innies still need to come out?

What fence? What house? What closet?

just glad to BE.

I gotta be MEEEEEEEE!

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

Hey, Lindyhopper! What window?

Golfie,

There is no way I believe everything the BOD and WC believe. But so far I believe more that they believe than any other group of believers. That the-one-body-of-Christ-is-not-a-Frankenstein drivel that LCM taught was purely a senses perspective of the truth. Household is spiritual; one body is spiritual.

I see on TWI's website the phrase "God's household" referring to ourselves, and I control my mind; I believe not all TWI are God's household, and there are God's household believers outside of TWI.

Wayward Wayfer,

You are somewhat like me. You recognize the shallow-thinking and WaySpeak some TWI believers show when they hold to nonBiblical interpretations that float at the surface of TWI. But, also like me, you have not left, and I think you know that there are many TWI believers who believe what they themselves see the Word is saying, do their best not to promote error, and don't judge such immature workmen of God's unbreakable Word.

I never use the word "disciple" because I haven't found anyone I can disciple myself to who lives near me.

[This message was edited by What Fence? on March 31, 2003 at 0:28.]