GreaseSpot Cafe

IT'S BELLE'S BIRTHDAY

Tom Strange

:wave: Enjoy your day, Belle. And remember: A joy that's shared is a joy made double. Thanks for sharing your joy so often at GSC.

Thanks so much, Y'all!!

:love3::knuddel::love3:

It is the 10th anniversary of my 29th birthday, but I'm not getting tired of practicing. One of these years I'll get it right and move on to 30.

One of my co-workers baked this Italian Wedding Cake - Holy Cow is it good!! I think I have a new favorite! (Yes, the birthday tradition here at work is to have Birthday Cake for breakfast - No wonder I love working here!!)

I really appreciate all the kind sentiments and wish I had time to respond to each one of you personally.

Thanks so much, Y'all!!

:love3::knuddel::love3:

It is the 10th anniversary of my 29th birthday, but I'm not getting tired of practicing. One of these years I'll get it right and move on to 30.

One of my co-workers baked this Italian Wedding Cake - Holy Cow is it good!! I think I have a new favorite! (Yes, the birthday tradition here at work is to have Birthday Cake for breakfast - No wonder I love working here!!)

I really appreciate all the kind sentiments and wish I had time to respond to each one of you personally.

Dont worry about responding to me darlin' just have a piece of that cake for me! You know how I just love food... :redface2:

Happy Birthday Belle, have a simply wonderful over the top kind of day!

And dont forget to drink a few Mojitos. :drink:

That Italian Cake Picture and Recipe makes my mouth water! Oooie Gooie Gooooooood!ItalianWeddingCake.jpg

Enjoy Your Cake Belle and thanks for the recipe!

Italian Wedding Cake Recipe courtesy Sandra

1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix (recommended: Betty Crocker)

1 stick butter, softened

1 1/4 cups buttermilk

3 egg whites

1 tablespoon vanilla extract (recommended: McCormick)

1/4 teaspoon almond extract (recommended: McCormick)

1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (recommended: Dole)

1/2 cup sweetened flake coconut (recommended: Baker's)

2 cups chopped pecans, divided (recommended: Diamond)

2 (16-ounce) cans cream cheese frosting (recommended: Betty Crocker)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Lightly coat 2 (8-inch) cake pans with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, buttermilk, egg whites, and extracts. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in crushed pineapple, coconut, and 1 cup pecans. Divide batter into 2 prepared cake pans. Bake in preheated oven for 31 to 36 minutes or until tester inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes then turn out on to wire racks to cool completely.

In a small bowl, stir together remaining 1 cup pecans and frosting. With a serrated knife, cut both cakes horizontally to make 4 layers. Frost the top of each layer with 1/2 cup of frosting and stack on top of the next layer. Use remaining frosting to frost the entire outside of cake. Slice and serve.

Edited by RainbowsGirl