GreaseSpot Cafe

Detox through the Feet products

Okay, I admit I fell for a commercial about these pads that remove toxins through your feet and went online and spent about $28 to get two months worth ... sounded like a good idea earlier this evening ...

Now I'm wondering if there is anyone here who has ever used these things ... any knowledge of them?

I have seen those commercials also.

I have also heard that chiropractors have a similar process that involves immersing the feet in a solution while a mild electrical charge is applied to the solution.

I just don't understand how it can be explained in a way that fits with what is known about human physiology and how the body cleanses itself.

Not sayin' there's nothing to it or that it doesn't work. Just sayin' that if it does work, there should be some sort of tangible scientific explanation.

I mean, if this actually works, why would anyone need chelation therapy to remove lead from their system?

I need more concrete evidence, not testimonials.

But maybe that's just me.

I have seen those commercials also.

I have also heard that chiropractors have a similar process that involves immersing the feet in a solution while a mild electrical charge is applied to the solution.

My massage therapist offers that also. The one he uses is called Aqua Chi and I always have a soak after a massage. I have had problems with poor circulation and lymph blockage in my legs, and the treatment definitely helps.

If you Google it, all sorts of things will come up calling it medical quackery. Be that as it may, I have gotten positive results with it, and I know lots of other people who also have benefited.

I haven't tried the pads that you apply to your feet so don't know if they work. I have considered trying them though, so I would be interested in hearing how or if they work, if anyone else has used them.

Hi George! I would have been positively disappointed had you not weighed in...Absolutely nothing wrong with a healthy dose of skepticism. I only wish I would have exercised that more during my twi involvement!

That said, I prefer to not blindly accept either the skeptic’s view or that of the true believer.

"Doubt everything or believe everything: these are two equally

convenient strategies. With either we dispense with the need for

reflection." - Henri Poincare

I’d much rather approach life with a mind that is open to anything and attached to nothing. If an idea interests me, I’ll pursue it further. I’ll do some research. I’ll consider the skeptics assessment. I’ll look into anecdotal evidence, either pro or con. And, I may even try it myself, and form my own opinion!

"The only means of strengthening one's intellect is to make up one's

mind about nothing -- to let the mind be a thoroughfare for all

thoughts. Not a select party." - John Keats

In this case, I had a particular need. An “alternative” treatment was offered by someone I respected and I was willing to hear what he had to say. It sounded a bit wacky, but not hazardous or outrageously expensive, so I gave it a try.

"A man with a new idea is a crank until he succeeds." - Mark Twain

Guess what? It worked for me. Placebo effect? Maybe…but I’ve had plenty of conventional therapies that I thought would help and didn’t. I’ve also had other alternative therapies that did not achieve results. I'll go with results, wherever I find them!

And, one more quote...just because I like quotes!

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

- Frank Zappa