GreaseSpot Cafe

Recipe Oops!

Belle

Alright, so, I've been craving my tabbouleh - yes, you read that right, MY tabbouleh - no one else makes it as well as I do. :biglaugh:

Sooooo.... I've got the bulghur soaking while I chop and gleefully prepare the other ingrediments..... I get to the end of the line - the flat leaf parsley - and realize someone put cilantro in the parsley bin at the store and, therefore, I have cilantro and not flat leaf parsley. :o

Belle to self, "Okay, don't panic. You like Mexican food. You like cilantro when it's in the right dishes.... think, think, Woman.... how can you save this recipe???"

I add the cilantro and leave out the allspice and oregano cause I don't think those will get along well on my palette. I kept the mint in the recipe since I had already chopped it.

I must say.... it's not your "typical" tabbouleh, but it IS good. I do like it! I may even do this again.

Ever accidentally discovered something cool?

If the commercials I saw as a kid were any authority on the subject, that's sorta how the Reese's peanut butter cup was invented. Something about an accidental crashing of chocolate and peanut butter. I remember a line that went, "You got peanut butter in my chocolate!" and then the other guy says "You got chocolate in my peanut butter!" VOILA Reese's peanut butter cups were born. Thank you, GOD!