GreaseSpot Cafe

Ho Ho Ho

Shellon

I'm thinking if you emailed me your address, you might just find a box of them on your doorstep one day before Christmas. :)

Abi,

You better be careful about what you say, you may have an enormous amount of e-mails with their addresses here..... :biglaugh:

You've got my address...I'll be expecting those cookies :biglaugh:

Last year we didn't do much for Yule or Thanksgiving, I was in & out of the hospital around Thanksgiving and still recuperating around Yule. And since both holidays are extremely busy where I work (grocery store) we do our holiday celebratin' on alternate days.

We had our Thanksgiving feast yesterday. I commandeered the kitchen and did the turkey, stuffing and vegetables, Reikilady did the pies, and fruit salad. We invted friends who are on their own and had no one to share Thanksgiving with.

For Christmas we generally go out to eat at a nice restaurant on about the 18th or 19th and open our gifts then; mainly because my stepdaughter goes to her dad's on Christmas Eve, and I work late Christmas Eve.

Our tradition on Christmas morning is to make a big breakfast, go out to a movie, and eat at the buffet.

I've already got my Yule decorations up, I had a few hours with the huse to myself the other day and got it all done. Shopping is about 1/2 done.

Well, no tree, no lights, no tinsel, wreaths, anything fer me.

The kids are grown and gone, the woman's run off, the cats don't seem to care one way or the other, so I'm not doin' nuttin' fer Krismass.

And any gifts now are just money stuck in an envelope. Those stupid gift cards are such a waste. The recipient is stuck shopping at some particular store, which they may or may not like, and I guess about 10% of them NEVER get redeemed. Why bother? Why not just stick a fifty in a card?

Anyway, put me down for my usual "Bah Humbug"...

I'll be watching for my card, Geo, and can't wait to taste those cookies, Abi. :biglaugh:

I think kids are what makes Christmas uber special regarding the festivities. There are no young ones on either side of my family right now, so it's just a great time to get together to visit, laugh and eat till our sides ache. Still very special, but in a completely different way.

I do decorate and love to have my house full of festive-ness during the holidays, but I decorate for Halloween, too. :biglaugh: I'm thinking of putting the tree in the kitchen this year so that it can be seen from the road and I'll be able to see it all lit up every night when I get home from work.

In fact, I'm trying to get my jet-lagged arse motivated to pull out all the decorations and start the process. I will also watch "A Christmas Story" a few times and hurry home on the nights that the Christmas specials I loved growing up will be playing.