GreaseSpot Cafe

"Local clubs"

I dunno.. it's just a thought. Nothing else seems to get their REAL attention.. all they seem to be willing to offer are little one on one damage control sessions.

I've seen loving exhortation, pleading, begging, brow-beating.. and.. nada.

The national ham organization may have it's internal little squabbles at times.. but if they did half of this kinda nonsense, my local club would probably cancel affiliation..

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder.. have any locals done this? Pulled in the CES "welcome mat"?

I'd write a letter:

"To whom it may concern. Due to your recent heresies, scandals, cotroversy, division, hard-heartedness and apparent general lack of genuine spiritual perception and awareness, we are immediately dissacociating our selves from your organization. Please remove our names as contacts from your literature and from your web site. We are praying for you. When and if you come to the realization that you need outside help call us. If we can't help, we'll find someone who can.

Sincerely,

Joe, Podunk IA."

I'd at least be polite about it..

The big question.. where do they go for arbitration/mediation?

I officially offer my services..

madman or not, I can see through them like water..

:biglaugh:

good idea or not.. like my very good friend here says.. what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger..

Honestly though..

Isn't that what they really need? Somebody who doesn't have anything invested in the organization.. someone who is immune to the doctrinal "mind freeze"? which many succumb to?

You know.. "we oughter agree on the big T truth.."

I suggest that I am perfectly qualified.

1. I believe in reincarnation. In fact, I can remember a few past lives.

2. I agree with small portions of Christianity, Jewish Mysticism, Native Indian beliefs, all kind of stuff..

3. I do temper a lot of what I think with logic.. I'm a math and chemistry major.. pretty close to a 3.5 GPA..

So I'm "dissattached" enough to see and understand all sides involved..

maybe the whole point here.. I think they need somebody from the "outside" to find some point of balance, or equilibrium.. not some damn "yes man"..

there are those who are far more qualified than me..

psychiatrists.. analysts.. even.. God forbid.. trinitarians..

the answer is simple ... take the red pill

hehheh.

I forget.. which one was it.. the red one, you wake up, the blue one.. you find out da innner secrets..

lost track of all these colors..

I'm gonna try an experiment. Let's see if I can draw jl, js, etc, into MY "trip".. heheh.

It worked for Kesey, at least once or twice..

I'm thinking old habits die hard ... people that maybe seemed to mean well in twi, but over looked a ton of bad sheet, are still willing to overlook bad sheet in their quest for ego mania nirvana moving the Word ...

So many want everyone to give them money cuz they are some spurchal heavy ... I think they are heavy, as in a burden to be carried by well meaning folks ...

as far as I can see, ABS giving was for special needs in the bible ... not to provide a nice salary and power structure ...

people that abused the money before ... and their position of power ... are NOT to be trusted ... they may have piled some rose petals on their sheet ... but you don't have to dig very deep to know what you are stepping in ...

People that teach freely and don't want your money or desire to control you are maybe worth listening to ... but I question even their motives ... call me a skeptic :)

(actually I'm not 100% sure about the colors, but I think blue was the delusional pill ... which makes sense politically ;) )

Edited by rhino

People that teach freely and don't want your money or desire to control you are maybe worth listening to ... but I question even their motives ... call me a skeptic :)

Well.. anything I have is free for the asking.. no ulterior motives or anything.. not that one would REALLY want what I have to offer..

but.. the whole point of this existence.. there is always the possibility that one is WRONG..

I'd rather refund in terms of that which I did not charge.. :)

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

I've always wondered where do the CES people go to air greevences or to complain? Is there a Ces or ex-ces web forum somewhere?

Actually, ces HAD a messageboard, but they SHUT IT DOWN.

It was upon request of ces-people that this subforum's info arrived.

So, if ces people go anywhere to have OPEN COMMUNICATION, it seems the GSC is the only game in town!

Actually, ces HAD a messageboard, but they SHUT IT DOWN.

It was upon request of ces-people that this subforum's info arrived.

So, if ces people go anywhere to have OPEN COMMUNICATION, it seems the GSC is the only game in town!

First of all, I think the notion of a sub-forum on an Ex Way site is - well - ironic, given that they wanted to move away from TWI. But the other thing is that the original message board was a "frontpage" thing and was gawd-awful. It was run by John M(can't remember his last name) and he really had better things to do than police a message board. They weren't comfortable giving it over to volunteers, so it was shut down. In their defense, they're going to attract a different audience and not necessarily be able to control content, much less emotions. If you want great examples of "Christian love" <_< go to a board that discusses the validity of the trinity.

When I set up the BU and TorT sites, they both contained forum capabilities. It's built into the structure. But again, it is a matter of control.

I've posted-and post-on boards with LOTS of Trinitarians who are loving.

Except when there's certain doctrinal discussions, things tend to go very smoothly-

and I've yet to see any board where SOMETHING wasn't controversial.

I didn't say trinitarians can't be loving. What I said was that discussions concerning the trinity are <sarcastically> great examples of Christian love.

I am probably one of the few people here who coexists quite peacefully in a trinitarian church and people actually know that I'm not a trinitarian. It took a long time to figure out how to be honest without being combative when explaining myself and my beliefs. First of all, I'm not interested in correcting their beliefs anymore than I'm interested in having mine corrected. What I aim for is respect and the ability to honestly explore a difficult doctrine. If they have stated (and my church has) that everything is open for discussion, then I hold them to that statement. I've had wonderful discussions with our educational pastor, who has a PhD in New Testament Studies from Princeton, that have given both of us much to think about. He gave a sermon that I told him was pretty much straight out of a Mormon handbook, in the context of helping him to understand that beliefs aren't all that divergent, depending upon how they are framed. My focus is on what we can agree on and how we can, as the body, convey the 2 top commandments to the world at large.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I wonder.. have any locals done this? Pulled in the CES "welcome mat"?

I'd write a letter:

"To whom it may concern. Due to your recent heresies, scandals, cotroversy, division, hard-heartedness and apparent general lack of genuine spiritual perception and awareness, we are immediately dissacociating our selves from your organization. Please remove our names as contacts from your literature and from your web site. We are praying for you. When and if you come to the realization that you need outside help call us. If we can't help, we'll find someone who can.

Sincerely,

Joe, Podunk IA."

I'd at least be polite about it..

at this point, I wouldn't be so polite..

at this point, I wouldn't be so polite..

I dunno if people who are directly affiliated have any clue. If they saw the in-process documents that I saw regarding the operation of affiliated fellowships, they'd have an idea of what's to come. The idea that some of this stuff was even being thought, much less written down, was scary.

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while.. wonder how the "local clubs" are doing..

you'd be better off with a word study or something from Bullinger or something..

there ARE a few obvious differences here..

hope I'm wrong. Some Bullinger historian, who says otherwise.. oh well.. it's life I guess..

• 1 month later...