GreaseSpot Cafe

Hi everyone

JeffSjo

Wow, Jeff, I only just found this thread.

Reading your first post, and thinking of where you are now... oh, you have changed! What a long way you've come.

And your personal life is somewhat better now too. Hugs to you and your lady. :knuddel:

Glad to see you here at the Cafe. Here, celebrate your second anniversary - don't remember shouting you some cake when you first opened the door.

Thanks for the snacks (It's never too late for that IMO. :B) )

And yes, plenty of hugs between me and my lady. :wub:

And yes, there may be a change or two for me over the last two years. :wink2:

p.s. Just love the emoticons but I have been known to overuse them on occasion too.

• 5 months later...

Even though I did think to say goodbye to The Greasespot Cafe once before I feel it necessary to do it again friends. This time it feels different for me though and I have some things to say in parting and I will follow through with my stated course this time.

It has been an amazing experience, finding my voice at GSC. And for me it was a simple matter of getting the real story as to what was going on in The Way International in order for me to more fully make sense of what the heck happened in River Road Fellowship.

I can't tell you folks enough how precious it is that there are a few people with the courage to make plain their ugly experiences while in The Way.

I have found precious little of that kind of honesty among folks I knew in River Road Fellowship. One person had the courage to say it "on the record" and that is our own Granddaughter and she did it here at the GSC.

When I first arrived here their were several folks who appeared to have worked their way into the good graces of folks here at GSC who were actively working to beat down and silence TWI victims. And among some of those who have been here much longer than me there were a few who told me that these folks were valuable long time members of GSC. In spite of that I thought these folks were playing TWI inspired games along the lines of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" in order to silence Way victims and I got angry.

Well, it seems my instincts were right. Now they are no where to be seen. At least one seems to have abandoned an old GSC identity to take a new one here. Others have been banned because after going at it with them for a while GSC admin seems to have woken up to the fact that these trolls were actually harming TWI victims and that was happening right here at GSC.

No matter the truth of these events that is my take on them and I am glad their voices are no longer here at GSC! And that leads me to another observation.

For me, perhaps because of the limtation of this medium the Greasespot Cafe has come to resemble an empty pot of sorts. Or perhaps now that my voice has developed it is better stated as seeming to yell into a cave and the only response I get back is my empty echos.

I have spoken to support people to hold to their anonymity when certain trolls had been berating them for it while maintaining their own anonymity. It was pretty easy to shut them up when I offered them the chance to put their own action where their big mouths had taken them and say who they were the same as I had. :B) Where are these guys? Good riddance!

Also I have come to understand that the internet is a place where many people lie about who they are, some for sick and twisted reasons. This is why I will not beat people up for maintaining their anonymity, period.

But because of what for many people are good reasons to maintain anonymity it does have an overall effect on those of us who are honest about who we are and are looking for real, live, flesh and blood friendship as I have plainly stated before. To us it leaves the Greasespot Cafe as an empty experience of sorts, and I do believe that is ok too.

But these things have proven to be a factor necessitating a clean and open exit from The Greasespot. And perhaps I can share a little with you all before I go.

As I have said, my life is pretty much broken as a result of River Road Fellowship. Even though I am very thankful for the chance to develop my voice here at GSC it has become somewhat of and empty, echo filled experience to continually post with not much follow up conversation.

And I must now leave this in order to be able to face my mostly broken life. Hopefully, by the Grace of God I can eventually explore the possibilities that my voice might actually help people. But it can never be in a person free environment again, where all that I receive back at me is empty echos and necessary speculation as to my voice's effect for lack of feedback and friendship.

But as my prospects are not good in any secular sense I can only hope that my voice can actually help folks. Now I must face debt, a depressed part of the country with few prospects for a man with my lack of qualifications, a broken family including my seven year old boy who needs a father even more in the coming years, and a community whose views of folks who have been put through the ringer as I have normally goes along with wariness and misunderstanding.

But at least I have my voice. :B) Yeah, I really, really need to leave The Greasespot Cafe now.

I will pm some of you who I seem to have developed somewhat of a relationship with and I will be leaving my account open for a time in case anyone wants to E-mail me. But in a few weeks time I will close my GSC account, and my Facebook account, I really need to get offline and into real life. It's not pretty, but necessary IMO.

smile.gif Jeff

You already know how I feel about yerself. I'm proud of you finding your voice!

Go, use it, do good and better things that fit you, your purpose, your need, your vision, your son's needs, your tomorrow.

I've been blessed to get to share a few things with you here at greasespot cafe and for that I'm thankful ! !

God Speed, my friend

Shellon

• Upvote 1

Sorry to see you go, Jeff, but it's your life to spend as you think best, and there isn't a substitute for spending time with people. I'll miss your humorous posts, though, and your insight.

Maybe you'll find you're addicted and you'll come back.

Your son is worth every bit of the love and time you put into him. Hang in there, teaching him whatever it takes to grow into the fine young man you see him as, and equipped with all the wisdom he needs to avoid ravening wolves and false teachers.

Best wishes for whatever you do in the future.

May the road rise to greet your every step with gladness, and may your heart be satisfied with all you have. You're richer than you think Jeff.

I'm proud to call you a friend.

Nobody ever seems to hang out on internet forums forever. Even the great ones eventually leave.

I know you've had a rough road but you gotta lotta heart, man.

Take care, and come back soon. :wave:

Edited by soul searcher

Thanks everybody! :knuddel: :knuddel: :knuddel: :knuddel: :knuddel: :knuddel: :knuddel:

Just came back for a bit in order to answer a pm and print out "My Story".

I've been asked to keep my Facebook account open, but I've also seen that they are/were planning on making folks pay a monthly fee later this summer. If they do that it probably isn't going to stay open.

After a week or two I will get this account closed out, Speaking just for myself, I don't think I can afford to be addicted to The Greasespot Cafe. But it is real nice for me to be leaving when I'm certain that for the time being at least the bullies I knew here aren't up to their old tricks........some of them thought they knew them all.

And just for the misled Wayfers who think that debil spurts are jumping out of my posts....(My ideal ending here)........

:jump: :jump: :jump:

(Edited to remove a grammatical error)

Edited by JeffSjo