GreaseSpot Cafe

Alabama

BackForty

I grew up here and took the 'freedom' class in '76. We had some wonderful people in Bham as WOW's on the 75-76 wave!

The house the branch leader lived in later became a Way Home in which I lived until going WOW in 77. This home was probably built in the 20's or 30's. Someone has since restored the house and it boasts a Bham Beautification Board Award.

Several other great people came to the area following my WOW year. All of which I have fond memories of. :)

Yeah it was like the cool hippy days then. Once I arrived at Emporia however, it became all business from then on. Too bad.

No that's not it. But, that house is only the next block down. The yahoo map on the real estate site is totally wrong. I last saw the house about ten years ago and don't have a pic. I'll have to cruise down there and take one.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I grew up here and took the 'freedom' class in '76. We had some wonderful people in Bham as WOW's on the 75-76 wave!

The house the branch leader lived in later became a Way Home in which I lived until going WOW in 77. This home was probably built in the 20's or 30's. Someone has since restored the house and it boasts a Bham Beautification Board Award.

Several other great people came to the area following my WOW year. All of which I have fond memories of. :)/>

Hey BackForty. I was one of the WOWs in Birmingham during 75-76. I'm xx xxxxxx, who are u? Whose twig were you in? We did have a great branch, lots of cool people. It's been so long I've forgotten some names though. Sue Washington was our branch leader.

Edited by GT
remove name by request

Hey BackForty. I was one of the WOWs in Birmingham during 75-76. I'm xx xxxxxx, who are u? Whose twig were you in? We did have a great branch, lots of cool people. It's been so long I've forgotten some names though. Sue Washington was our branch leader.

Hi Ed. I went to twig at Colin, Carlene, Gloria & Don's house. My name is Wayne. I was the teenager with the black Trans Am. I remember your name. Were you in Beth's family? Yes, Sue was great! Some of the other names I recall are Brian, Larry, Sheila, Dierdre, Jan(?). I can picture other faces but the names aren't coming to mind right now.

Edited by GT
remove name by request

Hi Ed. I went to twig at Colin, Carlene, Gloria & Don's house. My name is Wayne. I was the teenager with the black Trans Am. I remember your name. Were you in Beth's family? Yes, Sue was great! Some of the other names I recall are Brian, Larry, Sheila, Dierdre, Jan(?). I can picture other faces but the names aren't coming to mind right now.

Wish I could say I remember u, but it's been too many years ago. Colin had a great twig and family, Gloria was so awesome. Colin and I used to compare socks each time we were together! haha. I was with Jan, Beth, and Sheila, yes. We lived out in Five Points West. Send me a private note thingy, and I'll give you my email address if you want to. How cool is this?! I'm sure we met, wish my memory were better! Maybe you will say something that will jog my memory.