GreaseSpot Cafe

The Voice of Offence

What The Hey

quote: I'll just close with this verse for you to think on further - something we should all strive for. Acts 24:16

And herein do I exercise myself, to have a conscience void of offence toward God and toward man.

Interesting that this verse was spoken by Paul immediately after he was falsely accused of wrong doing. A lot was at stake here. He was talking to the governor. Pretty bold thing to say for a guy who used to kill Christians.

And what was the response to WTH for this? False accusations. Must've hit close to home for some.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea John have you clocked any women today.

Lets see Monday morning oldies should be around soon.

They tend to stick in packs. Wolves

John

How long will it take for you to log into another

name and say Jeaniam - How many times I have

to tell you John has never hit me. ?

WTH you know you half way have a good point.

You would get a lot more traction if for once you

and the pack would say How can I help you?

What can I do to help you get over the pain?

Can we pray together? What will it take for me

to see this though your eyes and help you heal?

No thanks no church with you as your idol said.

Edited by Danny

Old saying - "if you pick it, it'll bleed".

yeah.. bad enough when one does it to one's self. But about the sharpest pick I've seen is an authoritarian goad which casually disregards real hurt with "aww, it wasn't so bad.. ya oughta get over it.. quit being so negative, you can't wallow in pity your whole life.."

easy for someone else to say.

kinda like shots in the old days, with dull needles.

"aw, don't be a baby, it's no worse than a bee sting.."

the one who said it wasn't the one who was receiving about the twentieth poison ivy shot..

but there were a few rules. I would get a shot, providing they could actually catch me..

:biglaugh:

I didn't really appreciate bee stings either..

A lot of people ended up with a lot worse than a bee sting from der vey.

interesting reply johniam

rather strange and creepy

what have you been reading lately?

o and if you want close to my home

don't bring any waybrain thinking or material

and that's just close

true Danny could have said something else.

heck - get over it - laugh it off

keep bringing up 'close to home'

why you could start a website on how you were accused and treated here

kind of a 'I was a GreaseSpot' deal, BUT I STILL GO THERE!

Close to home, indeed.

crude and lewd comment deleted.

I flat cannot believe that you said that!

Very disappointing! :(

Edited by pawtucket

I guess that I feel like people want us to just shut the eff up because when we tell what really happened in twi, when we talk about the harm caused by vpw and his leaders....., when we talk about the loss .... it diminishes the importance one may feel about ourselves and what we committed our lives to for so many years. It is really tough in our aquired arrogance to consider that we may have been dead wrong...that people suffered and died...while in this group.

As long as everybody shuts up...people can still feel like we were God`s spiritual elite, his crack troops, setting the world on fire with the word....etc....we can continue to feel smugly superior to the rest of christians with our knowledge.

If on the other hand, we face the damages inflicted, if we consider the implications of leaders conduct...one might have to re evaluate ourselves, the roll we played, who was actually served by our efforts.

Not easy, no.... not comfortable, but I believe viatlly important in order to begin to heal, to learn how to walk as a genuine christian full of the love of God, capable of living the two great commandments given by Jesus.

It is much easier to close our hearts and ears to the pain that was inflicted by wierwilles bunch....to place the blame on those abused in order to ignore our conscience....to shame into silence any whom would present testimony that would cause one to consider the spiritual implications of those whom could inflict this harm in God`s name :(

Personally? I think this behavior is just an extension of the cruelty learned in twi to try to shut people up, to shame people into silence by misused irrelevant bible verses...the trump card that was played so successfully in the past....like that some how puts God`s seal of approval on the heartbreak and destruction endured and that justifies continued ugliness to one another, no matter how outragious.

Edited by rascal

I flat cannot believe that you said that!

Maybe his comment is just meant to be another one of those "oriental"...ism's that was taught, and just needs to be explained in a little more detail?

Or, maybe this is just a "Figure" of Speech, in a modern biblical version which I have not heard of?

Or, maybe this is something like "Condesencio" when God is needing to take human form so we can understand it better!

Or, maybe it should just be taken at face value!

:confused:

Or, maybe it was just a mock of bumbling, and a voice of offense.

Or, was it an offensive mock, and a ..

or maybe..

:biglaugh:

honestly though, I ususally chalk it up to a lack of education. Kinda like loy's rants.. if you can't get through to "them".. just swear like there's no tomorrow.

But it does go to show.. the "get over it" crowd often has a thinner skin than a lot of others here..

looks like they bleed just like the rest of us..

welcome to humanity..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

But it does go to show.. the "get over it" crowd often has a thinner skin than a lot of others here..

looks like they bleed just like the rest of us..

welcome to humanity..

And this is one Shark that does not care for that kind of blood.

Truly an uneducated, insensitive and condescending response John.

The sad thing here or at least one of the sad things here is that IMO John will not even respond to our outrage at his post. Me thinks he does not have the huevos or the courage.

Worse than that, Potato, but here's that particular quote:

If a fly or mosquito buzzed in your ear for several seconds at a time you'd probably swat at it involuntarily until it stopped. That's not violent or abusive, it's merely being human and needing your space. I personally believe that 90% of so called domestic violence cases are initiated by the woman. They get emotional, they don't know or care when to shut up, they keep verbally hammering away at that man non stop, driving him up a wall.......

the only defense that man has is to either flee his own house, or clock her like she deserves. But how convenient it's illegal for him to do that. So he stews for awhile until he can't take it anymore and then "swats the fly" and gets put in jail. Who will dare hold the woman responsible for causing this?

And this one is rather disgusting as well.

I thought CFS was beautiful. I took it 3 times. The first time was at a motel next to a Baptist convention with Donny Fugit running it. Primo! At the end of the class a 70 something man took the hand of a 35 year old family corps woman and placed it on his pants where was an erection and calmly said to her, "Ain't had one of these in 20 years." He got some personal healing during the class and shared it with her and IT WAS NO BIG DEAL!!! That's what was beautiful: the atmosphere, not the pictures or the slang terms for body parts.
and here
Think about it. Any doctor will tell you that a normal person can have sex into his/her 80s. So if this man couldn't have an erection from his 50s to his 70s, then something was wrong; first some kind of sin consciousness, then the medical aspect of it. But he sat through the class in that beautiful atmosphere that your dark ages mode can't comprehend, and God blessed him. He took the woman's hand and said what he did without thinking just cause he was blessed. It was perfectly innocent and the woman took it that way. As I said; NO BIG DEAL.

I remember reading the "clocking" thread but I haven't seen those last two quotes yet. That is so freaking creepy. That goes down in the books with Oldie's post in the "Is it possible" thread.

Maybe we should make a thread dedicated to the weirdest, most disturbing things ever said here? It would be so much easier to referance some of this stuff.

Edited by Nero

yikes, thanks Belle. I've met guys like that, and the real problem in their families was not the woman nagging but the man not participating in the relationship in any real sense. women usually nag because they're left on their own emotionally and the man is not a friend in any sense of the word. I know sometimes the woman is just a b!tch, but men I've known dealing with that don't usually want to hit her. they're usually depressed and frustrated the way women are when the man treats them like an inconvenience or an irritant or dogs them incessantly.

I was married to someone who felt like it was his right to clock me when I was irritating. he told everyone I was a nag and a bitch. the real problem was he just wasn't there emotionally, at all. he had a close relationship with the tv and was a nice guy where people could see, but when it came to home and family it was my responsibility to keep it running and if I tried to talk to him about things or get his help, I was just an irritating nag who should be able to handle it on my own, because, omg he worked so hard and he had so much pressure from his boss.

what's the point of marriage if that's my role? screw that.

God first

Beloved johniam and others for reading

God loves us all my dear friends

About the time Patucket edit your post I reported you and here is why

I saw that remark has a person attack on a friend

but remarks like that do more harm than one may ever know

I going to get personal maybe you ate enough dirt in life to understand my words maybe not but here they are

When I begin school people would make remarks like that to me plus there was my first grade teacher that I can not even think about now without crying thinking about sating in her lap

I do not speak plain all the time so from first grade until I drop out the remarks came I had something in my mouth and they grew into remarks like you did

many times I wanted to end it all because I did not want to deal with pain but now with the help of my family and friends on this board I can talk about it

Now I am not the only one with a painful past what about the girl who can not leave her house because she was rape

I am 47 years old and because of my past I still tremble when holding a girlfriend that I really like as to say my life has been some what destroy by remarks like that

All I ever wanted in life was a wife and many, many children but because of life I am not married

Now I would advice you to say your sorry then never act like that again or at least try

because if it keeps up I for vote to have you banned

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

oh, and I wonder how johniam knows that the woman didn't mind have her hand put on some guy's erection? sometimes people react inappropriately to things like that because they don't want to call attention to themselves, so where a slap or a confrontation would be appropriate, it would bring uncomfortable attention to her so she let it go instead. the only way to know would be to get into her head. if she really didn't care, that makes me wonder about her. was that the corps training, or was she that casual about sex? can't know at this point, but it does strike me as mighty strange.

((((Roy)))) you are a very wonderful and brave person.

I remember reading the "clocking" thread but I haven't seen those last two quotes yet. That is so freaking creepy. That goes down in the books with Oldie's post in the "Is it possible" thread.

Maybe we should make a thread dedicated to the weirdest, most disturbing things ever said here? It would be so much easier to referance some of this stuff.

It would certainly make it easier for us to show people what being in a cult can do to someone. :biglaugh:

what's the point of marriage if that's my role? screw that.

Yeppers, men like that rarely, if ever, take responsibility for their role in the problem.

but remarks like that do more harm than one may ever know

I going to get personal maybe you ate enough dirt in life to understand my words maybe not but here they are

many times I wanted to end it all because I did not want to deal with pain but now with the help of my family and friends on this board I can talk about it

Now I would advice you to say your sorry then never act like that again or at least try

because if it keeps up I for vote to have you banned

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

(((((Roy)))))

You are such a treasure! I am so glad that you post here and I, too, hope that johniam at the very least apologizes. I fear, though, that he will just attempt to defend his heinous words exactly like he has in the past.

Roy,

What you said was nothing short of amazing! Thank you for sharing your life with us.

oh, and I wonder how johniam knows that the woman didn't mind have her hand put on some guy's erection? sometimes people react inappropriately to things like that because they don't want to call attention to themselves, so where a slap or a confrontation would be appropriate, it would bring uncomfortable attention to her so she let it go instead. the only way to know would be to get into her head. if she really didn't care, that makes me wonder about her. was that the corps training, or was she that casual about sex? can't know at this point, but it does strike me as mighty strange.

((((Roy)))) you are a very wonderful and brave person.

EXCELLENT POINT, Potato!

There are loads of posts here of people lamenting the fact that they did not speak up or do something about things they saw, heard or experienced that were entirely inappropriate. I wonder what that particular woman's perspective of the incident would be and how different it might be from john's.