GreaseSpot Cafe

The Voice of Offence

What The Hey

The voice of offense.

While involved with twi I learned alot of things but mostly what was ingrained in my mind , was the world is not a good place that "they" are out to get ya!

"they " being just about anyone who was not involved in twi and/or doing what they said at time how they said it when they said etc...

so the world is an evil place. was the theme to extreme at twi.

anything bad that happened to ya at first was the devil then it became names, of actual and that is when head began to roll and the fight or flight began.

I was in more than a few fellowships groups of people that had this background and they are all the same .. regular people with regular life going on.

life is difficult! it is! life is mesy and complex and ugly and beautiful and many things for all.

by twi standards we are offended just o be alive and breathing! honestly .

if something happenes to a person with this background it is imediately the other guys problem because we have sonship rights and are constantly attacked and it is the devil working through you.

we learned to eat one another alive, very very well.

at the expense of real education of what life is, how very joyful and happy our Lord is in our life.

not to metion many came away with real life scars of poverty and ignorance of how to maintain a quality of life without twi's strong holds on how it is suppose to be done. the next goal was to go wow or to somhow get into the corps or to have a succesful fellowship which pleased everyone. very difficult to live a full life with such constraints.

many have no clue on what life is without putting what a leader or the bible or even God would say in the next thought.

so people became master of the B*tch master of the blame and masters at being a VICTIM of this world at large.

with reason. we learned to be victims we learned to be offended instead of finding the peace of Jesus or even life at its most wonderous oppurtunity. many either forgot how or just never learned our brain was so very wrapped up in being hurt by satan or one another.

consider life beyond, you can leave twi but the hard work comes in when you must leave the mind set of how that group operates!!!

not so easily done because it takes risk , you have to think for yourself, you have to make choices , and worst of all for ex cult head, you have to take responsibility for those choices and not say or think it is all about what " they" did to me as an excuse for something when it doesnt work out exactly as you have it promised in your head.

They have no power over you, at one time they could be defined as those who have not yet taken the pfal class, they were wrong evil bad and to be dismissed, then for some "they became the twi leaders or co-workers or friends and family who offended you.

this us and them mentality is wrong, it was a cult in the sense it taught us all that our community was only our own self!

it isnt, We have a life to live and the life God grants us each and every one ,whether you think God is real or not ,is always bigger than any of them.

us and them mentality is not a real thing. do you still carry it? when something is frustrating to you is your first thoght to try to figure out what THEY did wrong to you to make this happen?

or do you consider we are a community at large which is as large as the moon and the stars and we can and should be responsible for our own choices no matter how it turns out. That is the freedom of knowing Christ as a risen Saviour friiends, and what makes life worth living and full of love and seeking and answers and truth.

mom always told you what matters is on the inside, right? so please stop looking for out side sources that offend you and hurt you and frustrating and look within to seek the answers , and then when you find them you will know joy and pride and accomplishment and be all that life offers you.

or keep blaming the other guy , and revictimizing yourself over and over. everyone has misfortune in life those who overcome it seem to be those who can continue to love and seek and know we all need one another to survive one another.

They are you, and you are them, stop the hate, and love can then enter in. The world is a nice place and love is out there, if you can make room for it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what I said ,however it does in my OPINION show some credibility to the charge, they have the money to defend the case so that is not a concern as it would be for some, if they thought that they could prove their case they would have gone to trial, obviously they did not.

Now you can read their minds, and know the SOLE reason they could elect not to go to trial is that they thought they could not win

their case? Do you know what it's like to be dragged through a lengthy court-case, with the defense's attorneys calling the victim

a whore and a liar? It's even worse than here when some posters keep suggesting that of the victims.

Just because you are coerced does not mean you have to comply That is a personal choice that each must be accountable for. Apparently the Allens figured out how not to comply.

"Just because you are coerced does not mean you have to comply."

That's a remarkable statement that is both true and false.

Technically, one is able to choose- however, in any practical sense, the choice is limited.

During the days of slavery in the American South, a slave was coerced to work as a slave.

That did not mean he has to comply. He can choose to try to escape, or elect to refuse to work.

This will mean a whipping, and he may be scarred for life, and repeats could end with a crippling

injury or a death, but he does not HAVE to comply.

Numerous first hand eyewitness testimony here at greasespot.

Not only of rape, but coercion

You should educate yourself whitedove.

You are not well informed, even when the info is readily available.

Reallly ,lets look at the latest poll data

I was sexually abused by VPW or LCM [ 2 ]

I was sexually abused by a different leader in TWI [ 5 ]

I see a total of 7 out of a base of roughly 2000 posters give or take for those who no longer post and duplicate names. This is from a site mind you that is anti Way. Now factor in the roughly 100,000 people who were involved in the Way who don't share this feeling. You can figure the % on that yourself less than a half of a half of a percent. I think you need to reexamine the data even you below contradict yourself, you say numerous, below it is a few. Which is it? Perhaps it is you that is not being honest with the data?

Being honest with the data would include NOT EXTRAPOLATING FROM NONREPRESENTATIVE DATA.

It's easy to pull a nonrepresentative sample, and extrapolate to the general population.

If one polled the chatroom at the right moment, one could extrapolate that 80% of the membership of twi

was raped or molested by vpw, lcm or someone vpw taught to rape and molest.

It's dishonest, but one could pretend it's not.

Equally, it's dishonest to take the results of a poll where A FEW GSCers in the HISTORY of GSC have responded,

and claim it represents THE ENTIRETY of GSCers in the HISTORY of GSC.

In that timeframe, I'd say about 100 posters have been posting.

So, 7 people out of 100, or 7%, would be represented here, and that's only counting the ones here NOW.

And claiming 100,000 were ever "involved" in the way is also non-representative. It was claimed by twi based on

the number of people who ever SIGNED UP for pfal. Not everyone who signed up EVER SHOWED UP.

Not everyone who showed up at Session 1 completed Session 12.

Not everyone who completed Session 12 was around for more than that (some took it and made tracks.)

Not everyone who stayed after Session 12 stayed more than a few months.

I'd say the history of twi included some 50,000 people EVER who were around for more than 3 months,

and as many as 38,000 were around at the same time, as of its height in 1979-1982.

Just because you "see" something with the data doesn't mean it's so.

I'd suggest "re-examining" the data, but I expect you'd get the same results, since you'd approach it the

same way each time.

It's not my job to prove your accusations that burdon is upon you.

If this was a court of law, that "burdon" WOULD be on all the posters.

However, it is NOT a court of law,

and, WD's impressions notwithstanding,

people can-and are EXPECTED TO, PAW SAID SO-

COME FORTH AND GIVE PERSONAL TESTIMONY, AS EYEWITNESS OR VICTIM,

AND SAY "THIS HAPPENED TO ME, TWI DID THIS, VPW DID THIS, LCM DID THIS.

They are NOT required to produce DNA samples nor videotaped evidence of same.

Attempts to say otherwise are attempts to hide from what happened-

or to SILENCE those who suffered.

"...I have tried to keep memory alive, I have tried to fight those who would forget. Because if we forget, we are guilty, we are accomplices...

I swore never to be silent whenever, wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation...

Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."

-Elie Wiesel, Nobel Peace Prize Acceptance Speech, December 10, 1986.

Edited by WordWolf

some piece of work there whitedove

you really are screwed up

Thanks it was some piece of work, I guess since you had no response again, you are in agreement with the facts that I presented, from articles and polls. I suppose when the data the truth proves your theories otherwise lacking in information one has no choice but to result to name calling in order to try and save face.

yeah there's a few that spoke up

that tells me there is more

Really how does that work? How many more? ,How do you tell? B S it does not tell you squat except that the ones who spoke up ,spoke up........ There is no indication that there is more or that there is not more. You really can't just make stuff up here.

So if u had any common sense i'd explain it

stupidity is your game though

and I've spent enough here

No offence, but you have failed to explain your own data and point here against the evidence I'll pass on the explanation

and that poll is no indicator

if i had my say it would not be there

Well we do agree on this , there are obvious flaws in an anonymous poll ,but it is none the less a poll which by the way is more proof than you offered to back up your claim which was "Cough" by the way....... none............

i looked at the list last night and i think it said something like over 700 guest were on the web page!

i am always amazed at the numbers.

the poll is interesting but (not to sound like a broken record) not exactly a measure without many various problems the least of which is lack of vertification which is ironic:.

whitedove i do not understand how you can scream about proof and the lack of being able to vertify facts.. and then use that poll as evidence ..

I prefer fair and balanced news..........

obviously not.. even when you could have the phone number to interview the "other side" of the story..

naw.

Nobody seems to be requesting your services to serve as "prosecutor" in this "case" here..

why go through the trouble of asking for pure, unadulterated evidence.. police reports.. court records of convictions..

no one appears to be asking for your services to act as some kind of "arbitrator".. and obviously, twi doesn't think they need to arbitrate or fix any wrongs..

don't take this as an attack, but an observation.

Do you have something personally involved in this business, to discount the claims and evidence offered by scores of people?

I don't really expect an answer.. maybe just ask it of yourself..

I guess since you had no response again, you are in agreement

No not in any way form or fashion do I agree with you.

You want to twist words to your own satisfaction.

That still will not change the facts and the truth.

The data is here, I'm not going to do the work for you.

And you are trying to get me off balance, sorry, no deal.

Others better then you have tried to no avail.

Now you can read their minds, and know the SOLE reason they could elect not to go to trial is that they thought they could not win

their case? Do you know what it's like to be dragged through a lengthy court-case, with the defense's attorneys calling the victim

a whore and a liar? It's even worse than here when some posters keep suggesting that of the victims.

First I never said it was the sole reason ,only a possible one Second my fault I was not clear I was refering to the Way when I said they thought they could not win. But since you brought it up thats the price one pays for going to trial if you don't think you are prepared to hear such things then you should not persue a goal of gettin some cash...............

"Just because you are coerced does not mean you have to comply."

That's a remarkable statement that is both true and false.

Technically, one is able to choose- however, in any practical sense, the choice is limited.

During the days of slavery in the American South, a slave was coerced to work as a slave.

That did not mean he has to comply. He can choose to try to escape, or elect to refuse to work.

This will mean a whipping, and he may be scarred for life, and repeats could end with a crippling

injury or a death, but he does not HAVE to comply.

Well we were not discussing a slave in the south were we we were discussing the Way Int. It seems that the Allens found a way not to be coerced evident by the word attempted in the quote. I can attest to the fact as well so apperantly it is possible which leaves some just did not accomplish it. No big deal unless you try to blame someone else for your choice.

Being honest with the data would include NOT EXTRAPOLATING FROM NONREPRESENTATIVE DATA.

It's easy to pull a nonrepresentative sample, and extrapolate to the general population.

If one polled the chatroom at the right moment, one could extrapolate that 80% of the membership of twi

was raped or molested by vpw, lcm or someone vpw taught to rape and molest.

It's dishonest, but one could pretend it's not.

Equally, it's dishonest to take the results of a poll where A FEW GSCers in the HISTORY of GSC have responded,

and claim it represents THE ENTIRETY of GSCers in the HISTORY of GSC.

In that timeframe, I'd say about 100 posters have been posting.

So, 7 people out of 100, or 7%, would be represented here, and that's only counting the ones here NOW.

And claiming 100,000 were ever "involved" in the way is also non-representative. It was claimed by twi based on

the number of people who ever SIGNED UP for pfal. Not everyone who signed up EVER SHOWED UP.

Not everyone who showed up at Session 1 completed Session 12.

Not everyone who completed Session 12 was around for more than that (some took it and made tracks.)

Not everyone who stayed after Session 12 stayed more than a few months.

WW I think I said roughly anticipating that someone would point out that it may differ one person or so. You can debate and crunch the numbers all you want pick one 90,000 80,000 70,000 but 7 vs ? is still not even on the % scale.

I'd say the history of twi included some 50,000 people EVER who were around for more than 3 months,

and as many as 38,000 were around at the same time, as of its height in 1979-1982.

Just because you "see" something with the data doesn't mean it's so.

I'd suggest "re-examining" the data, but I expect you'd get the same results, since you'd approach it the

same way each time.

I agree the poll is flawed but it is what we have It's anonymous so why not speak up if it is so important for all to know the other side of the story?I'm sure that will change now that I brought it up though can't have a poor poll result it might look like the truth.

obviously not.. even when you could have the phone number to interview the "other side" of the story..

naw.

Nobody seems to be requesting your services to serve as "prosecutor" in this "case" here..

why go through the trouble of asking for pure, unadulterated evidence.. police reports.. court records of convictions..

no one appears to be asking for your services to act as some kind of "arbitrator".. and obviously, twi doesn't think they need to arbitrate or fix any wrongs..

don't take this as an attack, but an observation.

Do you have something personally involved in this business, to discount the claims and evidence offered by scores of people?

I don't really expect an answer.. maybe just ask it of yourself..

Your claim your job to provide the backup thats how it works put up shut up remember?

No not in any way form or fashion do I agree with you.

You want to twist words to your own satisfaction.

That still will not change the facts and the truth.

The data is here, I'm not going to do the work for you.

And you are trying to get me off balance, sorry, no deal.

Others better then you have tried to no avail.

Excuse me but I provided a quote from your own suggested website they agree that eyewitness accounts are flawed. Its there in black and white and you refered us to it. Now it is you who want to twist the faccts you presented.

A lot of things are here at GSC in black and white too.

Go look them up or shut up.

But no you would rather make war then have answers and actually help people.

Anything else you say I will consider putrid.

Because of the intent behind it.

Here's another one they shuffled around till he found the "right place" in der ministry..

Court "approved" proof..

Here's a thread from one of the victims:

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=46

note even with a CONVICTION.. the apologizers for der vey come forward..

"couldn't be, he INSISTED he was innocent"

"what's the big deal about a judge and jury throwing the book at him.."

"a conviction doesn't PROVE ANYTHING"..

that pretty much summarizes how I read LLP's responses to this recent development in gawd's "ministry"..

Your claim your job to provide the backup thats how it works put up shut up remember?

sounds like I struck a dark chord..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

I have a request PAW or somebody, would it be possible to set up a thread that had everything on this thread except the deliberate attempts of sidetracking about legal mumbo-jumbo?

Could we make it a protected thread about overcoming abuse and/ or offense.

Could we view the content without the pages long distractions that many of us feel are deliberate and willful?

I told bumpster to go, but only after bumpster asked.

Bumpster, my avatar is not about cutting hair,

and I don't fret about imaginary tigers that are really just full of stuffing.

Edited by JeffSjo

I have a request PAW or somebody, would it be possible to set up a thread that had everything on this thread except the deliberate attempts of sidetracking about legal mumbo-jumbo?

Could we make it a protected thread about overcoming abuse and/ or offense.

Could we view the content without the pages long distractions that many of us feel are deliberate and willful.

I am sure he Could...if you gave everyone in the house a free shave and haircut in return!...Pedicures for the ladies! :biglaugh:

Rape is a crime that is prosecuted by the people of the United States of America, the attorny for the district prosecutes an idividual for which a crime against that district. the victim has little or no say in the matter a crime can and is prosecuted with or without a "person" the victim is the united states and its people. crimminal court has a much much higher standard of proof. if a dr. from a emergency room reports a rape to the police and the "person" will not or can not cooperate the crime is still prosecuted. dead people do not speak well about what happened to them... yet we do manage to put those who murder behind bars! it is STATE vs JOE Smith.

lcm was never charged with any crime .

a civil court is an individual seeking compensation for damages done to them by another party , asking the court to resolve the issue at hand. it is JOe Smith vs Joe Smith hello judge we cant agree want to help us out and make the choice for us? we have attornys !

two very very different COURTS!!!

That is happened to even ONE person ...was one too many. One prescious lamb of God slaughtered and devoured by ravening wolves :(

You have 7 people from a website of hundreds....out of a membership of tens of thousands that are unaware of this sites existance...I`d say that was pretty significant number of accounts. To each individual...it was life impacting....to each one of the seven who came forward...a HUGE deal to be abused in the name of God :(

Factor in also, the folks that have pm`d me...stating that they couldn`t come forward after watching the treatment of those whom did come.....their reputation called into question...being accused of being stupid, or of wanting it, or wanting the status.....or that the pain and humiliation suffered is exaggerated...but never the less...offering their support....

You have the posters whom have shared their stories of abuse...cat cups sister...I don`t think dot has been around lately to participate in this poll...there are many many more who have share their ordeals and moved on.

The abuse the guys and the children went through were as outragious and unconscionable as well....it`s just that this type seems to crop up the most often.

Christian ministers ...men of the spirit just don`t TREAT people this way.....there is only one other alternative....

Edited by rascal

This place isn't a legal court at all. No one needs to meet a legal standard.

If someone is falsly accused, let them complain about it, then I'll help them too.

I don't know who you guys are trying to help, but it doesn't seem to be any one here.

ANYBODY PLEASE, CAN THIS THREAD BE EDITED AND POSTED TO KEEP WITH THE INTENT.

P.s. Hi rascal, sorry, did I by any chance interupt you with a similar sentiment?

Edited by JeffSjo

I think the intent is very clear Jeffjo.

This is what happens when a wrong doing is voiced.

The stats of these kinds of crimes are incredible and fit the profile of twi.

Make no mistake about it, these were crimes committed whether filed in court or not.

And I would not ask anyone to say what happened to them.

It's their decision and because of the current active speakers on this board I'd advise them not to.

But if they can take this kind of heat then I wouldn't and couldn't stop them.

It's the person that needs help. It's Not a forum to satisfy the unsatisfiable.

And there are those here that know without a doubt.

Or can be called upon to help.

I know a few....which is more then 3 or 4....

The stories have been told and will again.

Because it happened and still is happening.

Some of twi's newcomers will be so abused.

It's in their doctrine and practice.

God help them.

Edited by cman

your right Jeff

it sure isnt legal

poster use anounymous names and spew out all kind of accusation because they can not be held accoutable.

why do you think it says the opinion of the poster at this site are not neccesarily those of the owners etc? so pawtucket cant be held lfor what is written here.

any other media must cite their sources and have been taken to court to demand they have them!!!!

to accuse a person of rape or to imply they have been arrested for rape is slander and can be prosecuted . but the net is a new media and the times they are a changin great strides are made in this areana so far (the internet) and laws are being put in place as we write to safe guard our rights not be be falsely accused or slandered .

huge companies have fallen to their knees because of one misplaced e-mail!

the laws are catching up and soon very soon these type of web site may have to answer for what they do.

until then most everyone discounts what is written on a public web site with anouymous posters as pure fiction. made up stuff from the invisable people who are unwilling to be accountable for what they write.

POND,

Saying "Posters use ananymous names and spew out all kind of accusation because they cannot be held accountable." is to many peoples minds here the very definition of legal style bullying.

It would take someone of great courage to talk about being abused here, even without your thinly veiled attempts to stop it, or at least side track it.

I'm wondering pond, do you think my life isn't where my mouth is? My avatar is part of my name. Your's is some kind of guessing game b.s.

Go ahead pond, who are you.

I'll more than match anything you can come up with if you think you can be more accountable than me.

I think you're the kind of bully that's just a coward at heart.

GO AHEAD PUNK, MAKE MY DAY!!!!!!

Edited by JeffSjo

People use internet handles because it is dangerous in todays world to put your nae out on the world wide web. People here know one another, many of us have met other posters.

It has nothing to do with annonymity. That is simply another attempt to discredit the first hand testiomonety.

Don`t you know that EVERY time an abuse situation has been brought forth...there was the same group of posters that came forth and called the stories and those giving accounts liars. Whether it was sexual abuse, child abuse, or forced abortions....

ENough people finally stepped forward to say...no...it happened to me too...or to my wife or my child....so then the new tactic to discredit the accounts was brought into play.....oh it was just isolated incidents...then more and more came forward...the tactic must change again....of well...there was something wrong with YOU...you were too stupid or too cowardly...or really deep down wanted it.....

When enough people finally come forward...that the truth is incontivertible...that these abuses DID occur...then the final tactic to discredit....Oh...you are just a perpetual whining victim....you need to get over it...you need to forgive and move on....to not do these things means that you are mentally unstable.

It is all just a never ending attempt to discredit a posters experience...why?? Did any of you know vp better than you know any of us??? WHy this insatiable need to make the ones who were despitefully used...the wounded...those who died...the villains here???

Do you think these are the actions of a christian to a brother or sister??

I don`t know about anybody else....but the accusations, the inuendos are damned hurtfull...I don`t like having my character assaulted, my mental state called into question, simply because I chose to tell what happened to me personally in twi.

Edited by rascal

How about it pond, white dove , and the one that's imaginary and full of stuffing?

How credible are you?

I think not very!

You despise the victims' annonymity!

Put up or shut up.

I'm down with it, how about you bullies.

Let's dance, let's make it real.

I have nothing better to do with my life.

Edited by JeffSjo