GreaseSpot Cafe

Greasespot Coals

Nero

This thread is like Greasespot gems - only it's dedicated to some of the most disturbing things ever read. It can be about some of the weird things were were taught in TWI or what people have said under the influence of TWI.

So... if you can think of anything - go ahead and quote! =)

I'm thinking that separating the person quoted from the quote is a good idea with this thread....

Let me get this straight Herr WW. You want to separate the "messenger" from the message?? How is the Lord going to judge us, later in "The Day", if He can't locate the brilliant child who screamed out his or her nonsense in the first place?

Isn't that the whole point of keeping records?

Grease Spot is THE ARCHIVE of spiritual child/voice captives, resting in human forms, screaming out their obscenities, in the dark dungeons of twi torture chambers of the past. A cold damp corridor with names on each door, and voices calling out from behind! :evildenk:

Names must remain so we can validate the authenticity of their claim, (as well as record their IQ!!). :biglaugh:

Here's one that deserves a lump of coal. In my opinion of course:

If a fly or mosquito buzzed in your ear for several seconds at a time you'd probably swat at it involuntarily until it stopped.

That's not violent or abusive, it's merely being human and needing your space.

I personally believe that 90% of so called domestic violence cases are initiated by the woman. They get emotional, they don't know or care when to shut up, they keep verbally hammering away at that man non stop, driving him up a wall.......the only defense that man has is to either flee his own house, or clock her like she deserves. But how convenient it's illegal for him to do that. So he stews for awhile until he can't take it anymore and then "swats the fly" and gets put in jail. Who will dare hold the woman responsible for causing this? It's never going to be legal for men OR women to injure anybody, but this situation in our culture all but encourages women to be predators.

Obviously I agree that the names should not be dropped. We would like some notable infamous people of old TWI to be accountable for their actions and words. Therefore we should also take responsibility for our actions and words.

There's actually a couple I saved on the "Gems" thread, because they sat there, "like a duck."

One poster spoke with an innie, who looked and saw the Utah landscape, and said,

"Everything is so out of order here- God would have never created such an irregular and desolate landscape."

Meanwhile, I saved one from ck:

"While Dr. Wierwille might have had a devil spirit I don't see why that really matters."

and from the numbered greg:

""That is what the KJV says, the only version that is right."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

From the Snow on the Gaspumps thread:

This also solves another long standing mystery. In Session 1 we were taught that "the Bible" is the REVEALED Word of God, but that was prophesy. At that time there was no "the Bible" that was revealed in existance, only tattered remnants of an ancient one. As the PFAL reveltions got put into written form "the Bible" came into existance. That the PFAL writings are "the Bible" is the greatest secret in the world. Not many people, only a few hundred that I've contacted over the past ten years and readers of GreasSpot have ever heard it, and far fewer believe it.

This truly IS the greatest secret in the world today that PFAL (book and magazine form) is THE Bible and is the Word of God in written form.

PFAL writings are the Bible. Mike said it. Do you believe it? :asdf:

All I can say to that is holy sh(t eyes - or maybe just point him to the justice department's section on domestic violence...

Here's one that deserves a lump of coal. In my opinion of course:

Obviously I agree that the names should not be dropped. We would like some notable infamous people of old TWI to be accountable for their actions and words. Therefore we should also take responsibility for our actions and words.

A bit more from the Snow on the Gaspumps thread:

You wrote: If PFAL is the new God-breathed Word, Mike, how do you explain the glaring errors in it?

Now, really, what do you expect my answer is? Do you want me to say: "Sure there are errors, but I close my eyes to them."???

If I were to try to explain why there are errors in God-breathed PFAL I'd be an idiot or sorts.

Of course, my real answer (you expect this, right?) is that I disagree with the notion that there are errors!

Nothing personal, Mike. But it is a rather outrageous statement.

I may not be capable of providing a quote, you know, search engines, effort, best left for someone younger...BUT..

My pet peeve, was the "spiritual rewards" stuff. TWI felt to me to be a hotbed of bible quotations by others to me with scripture and verse (reproof and correction), motivated by the bearers belief/conviction that "spiritual rewards" were to follow. Top that off with the concept of "mental assent" and viola...you don't have a conversation or education, you have intimidation..an environment of pure knowledge/wisdom.correctness, being given to the receiver as if the scripture was going to save my life someday.

So where are these individuals today, the Corp Grads that supposed made a lifetime committment to "Christian Service"? I am here, where are they?

• 1 year later...

I may not be capable of providing a quote, you know, search engines, effort, best left for someone younger...BUT..

My pet peeve, was the "spiritual rewards" stuff. TWI felt to me to be a hotbed of bible quotations by others to me with scripture and verse (reproof and correction), motivated by the bearers belief/conviction that "spiritual rewards" were to follow. Top that off with the concept of "mental assent" and viola...you don't have a conversation or education, you have intimidation..an environment of pure knowledge/wisdom.correctness, being given to the receiver as if the scripture was going to save my life someday.

So where are these individuals today, the Corp Grads that supposed made a lifetime committment to "Christian Service"? I am here, where are they?

I know my twig leader was deep into spiritual rewards.

I never was one to buy into it. My thought, God has foreknowledge, therefore He knows what I'm going to do, therefore my rewards are already decided.

I had one time--when I was going through my what did I do wrong, where is this abundant life phase--where I talked to a local business man. "Don't worry," he said, "you'll get it all back when your in heaven."

My hackles raised. "Hey, good idea," I told him. "Why don't you give your product away. Don't worry, you'll get it all back in heaven."

To me that's the evil of the whole rewards schtick. So they have you chasing this carrot and are saying don't worry you'll get it back in heaven. They're covered. Nobody's going to come back from the dead and say, "Guys it was all a scam."

Think about it. What businessman would base his business on riches he'll get after he dies?

SoCrates