GreaseSpot Cafe

songs remembered from just one line

bulwinkl

"The Monkees" theme?

George

Not the right group George. This song comes a little bit earlier. 1965.

Oh, fer cryin' out loud...It's My Generation. :blink:

It's gonna take me a day or so to come up with something.

Tawlk amongst yaselves.

That's it. Alright someone who remembers the who. Freelancer take your time. I''m looking forward to the next clue. :)

This is probably too easy,

Spotcheck Billy got down on his hands and knees

Not easy enough, perhaps.

2nd line...

He said, Hey Mamma hey, can I check your oil, alright?

That doesn't ring any bells for me Freelancer. Just keep it simple.

Example:

I remember when rock was young. Crocodile Rock ~Elton John~ Your not using the name of the song in the line [which is not allowed for obvious reasons].only partically, but that's a song that should easily be remembered by most here. Another: When I was younger so much younger than today. Of course, that's ~the beatles~ help! One liners here, only! Occasionally though, you may need to wake a few of us up and use a second line. I've been known to do that! :blink:

Or say, your into bob dylan. How many roads must a man walk down. It may not come immediately to those here, however, after a while, the familiarity of the line comes to peoples minds. "That's Blowin In The Wind!"

Whatever you into is fine, just as long as it's fairly mainstream and received a lot of radio time.

Do you want to reveal this one and try again? It's your turn.

Okay, but if y'all don't recognize this in the first few beats then I am speechless. The songs I have posted, right from my first post, are part of the soundtrack to my life. (Sorry, I do live in the so-called music capital of the world.(Austin)So maybe my soundtrack is a little weird).

Give a listen, broaden your horizons. This thread/game will then have been used to build up and edify the musical experience while here on the mortal coil.

And I couldn't stand it if you didn't get to enjoy this, it is a classic.

It is Fat Man in the Bathtub, Little Feat, 1977

Edited by Freelancer

Here goes: It's easier than it looks. :)

Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup

Is it Lennon/Beatles Across the Universe? Or Nothin's Gonna Change My World. Not sure of the official title.