GreaseSpot Cafe

songs remembered from just one line

bulwinkl

It stated off it was supposed to be the first line but it evolved to any line. The original purpose was to put the onus on the poster not the audience. In other words try to come up with a song that no one could miss it. sorta like a cross between nostalgia and name that tune.

Sorry, couldn't resist posting

Ahhh Thanks Waysider, as we all jump to conclusions....

nyunknown,.... care to say who's guessed correctly here, as to which song you meant?

It can't be the song I'M THINKING OF - because it's the title of a song that came out when I was 18. So it must be that ANCIENT Steppenwolf song,.... Staring at the boob tube, turning on the BIG knob (what? No remote? OMG!!!!!)

It can't be the song I'M THINKING OF - because it's the title of a song that came out when I was 18. So it must be that ANCIENT Steppenwolf song,.... Staring at the boob tube, turning on the BIG knob (what? No remote? OMG!!!!!)

I am impressed! I don't think I would use the word "ancient", however. Perhaps "classic" or "aged", but certainly not "ancient".

Ageless, Classic,.... Uhm okay, works for me. And later on you guys can tell me how you helped Noah figure out which cockroach was male and which one was female <grin>

This one is from my one of my favorite "ageless/classic" bands. It's not the first line, but one that stands out enough to recognise the song by. Curtis Amy (1929-2002) has a great sax solo on this song, although he was never a part of this band.

"What was that Promise that you made?"

Them that's not shall lose.

sounds like a twist on Luke 8:18 - Therefore consider carefully how you listen. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has will be taken from him."

I don't know the song though.