A note on forgiving

Nathan Friedly

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don`t believe that he actually CAN answer the questiona posed.... Mike is carefully laying his bread crumb trail for the rest of us to follow to his ultimate conclusion....ie go back to plaf.

Ideally, all his students would sit politely with their hands folded at their desks, attention eagerly focused on the teacher, awaiting him to supply all of the answers that we have missed through our slothfulness :)

Edited by rascal

Hiya, Mike

:wave:

Hey!!

Have you checked out my new thread on "The Mystery"?

Yeah, I totally 'get" what you've said about it being OK that Doctor Wierwille stole the materials he used for the PFAL class.

After all, the end always justifies the means.

So you steal a little here and you change a little there-----So what???

Everybody got blessed in the end, right?

And, of course, as you have pointed out, God must have given VPW revelation as to which materials to steal and how to assemble them as they had never before been assembled in one place.

But what I still don't "get" is why God would give Dr. revelation to use materials that were based on flawed research.

You know--- stuff like the 4 crucified, which by the way, is covered in the original materials.

(Those are the materials that were produced before later editions were purposely changed to adulterate the true meaning of the original.)

Seems like He could have just as easily told him to steal stuff that was accurate.

That's the part that's a great mystery to me.

By the way. Do you think you'll ever catch that "golden pony"?

He might be right around the very next corner. :wink2:

i can tell you, that his rationale for wanting to "get me" was to heal me

that's honest

i meant it's honest what i'm telling you he tried to convince me....

not that HE was honest ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

okay now i'll go back and try to read this thread if there isn't too much scripture posting

Hopefully there will be no cassette tapes in Heaven to listen to? Or classes for that matter. I was a bad student when it came to sitting and listening all of that time. I was a serious "faller asleeper" in those classes. Unless, when it was live, someone was being funny, for there really was some fun humour by certain people. Ralph used to crack me up, as did some guy named Heron (Frank?) while at Emporia. But, I didn't have the "research mind" that many did. Ralph did go into some heavy research, or so it seemed. I remember one long and detailed teaching about "tapeinophrosune" that went on forever it seemed. Ralph talked about how exciting it was to go on a "two hour romp in the Word", and I was like, "two hours? On my own without it being a class in the Corps? I don't think so...." And so, since this is a thread on forgiveness, I suppose I can forgive Ralph for that...Hah! :)

I don't know about parsing, but I do see a usage of antanaclasis. Since it is in the same sentence, I don't think it's an anadiplosis..

but what do I know..

:biglaugh:

Calling "one niner-Hamm-whiskey runner-two fiver!!!! How's the weather up there?

Didn't find your anadiplosis, while they are similar forms of the same lexical base, one is present active and the other is future active.

As far as your antanaclasis, it died while trying to cross the intersection between the present and the future because here it failed

to realize that the intersection was the same while it thought it was a different one.

:eusa_clap:

I was just wondering where you got that line from and with what authority dies it stand, i.e., what text is that from.

...and also, brideofjc, do you see the KJV contradictions that I mentioned earlier.

To which line would you be referring to kind Sir? The Greek line? I believe it is listed as 1 Corinthians 3:17

Or woulda you be referring to the English line, "Parse away, Parse away, Parse away all!?"

The ball is in yur court :biglaugh:

Hi folks, I just found this site while looking for the lyrics to the old kids song "Romans 10:9 and 10 I believed it once and then..." (thanks, VeganXTC); but reading around, the topic of forgiveness came to my mind, so I thought I'd share a bit with you.

Before I get started I should point out that this is meant to be loving encouragement in Gods word. If you get feeling defensive at any point, then I apologize for not writing clearly enough. My intent is not to attack anyone, so if you feel attacked then I encourage you to take a step back and try to determine why.

I grew up in The Way. There's no way I can imagine knowing as much of Gods word as I do without that upbringing. That's not to say I know everything, just that I am very appreciative of what I do know.

I'm no longer a member of the way, but I love them dearly. They are my brothers and sisters. Anything, ANYTHING they did wrong to me, I forgive them for. Holding a grudge does nothing to them and nothing positive to you.

These folks are your brothers and sisters too.

So that's what was on my heart, God bless you guys, you seem like a wonderful bunch of believers!

-nathan

Great attitude!!!!

Matthew 18:19  Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

20  For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

21  Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

22  Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Not easy? seems pretty obvious to me..

these sets he spoke of were and are real, tangible things. It's pretty simple. A set is either a member of itself or it isn't.

you have the set of all dogs.. the set of all hydrogen nuclei.. the set of all salamanders..

either the whole set is a set of itself, or it isn't.

pretty simple..

so you tell me. Is the set of all sets not belonging to themselves in the set, or is it not?

:biglaugh:

It's the biblical stuff that's hard. How a "certain one" can corrupt the temple.. creep in "unawares"..

look genuine.. but he can't be "counterfiet".. he's a speakin da word.. hear? he even speaks in tongues.. but if he has the real spirit, why doesn' he live like it? but that doesn't make any difference. Debils can't speak in tongues. He can't be a counterfiet.. he's a sspeakin da word. But why doesn't he live it? Why does he abuse people worse than a tyrant? Naw.. that can't be right.. must be counterfiet..

see, it's even worse than Russel's Paradox. If he's a man-o-gawd, he CAN'T be a man-o-gawd..

on the other hand, if he's NOT a man-o-gawd, he must be..

SELF PROCLAMATION is in a set all by itself and I hereby PROCLAIM that this set be set by itself to remain the set of all sets so that all can see its perfect set. :confused:

I was just wondering where you got that line from and with what authority dies it stand, i.e., what text is that from.

...and also, brideofjc, do you see the KJV contradictions that I mentioned earlier.

There ain't no contradictions! :asdf:

Mike, YOU are the one who made the following claims:

Therefore, YOU should present the research which YOU have implied YOU have already done to back up YOUR claim. Unless, you would like to revise YOUR claims or downgrade them to "unsubstantiated", pending your opportunity to solicit help from other folks – YOU need to address the following six items of my post # 398:

Mike said

..I hope someone here wants to see how this difficult KJV Corinthian passage is properly translated into a warm and soothing passage, and THEN how it furthers a deeper understanding of the Galatians verses so often flung about...

T-Bone....I think I've got it!

This is how it can be understood to be a warm verse....as a matter of fact a VERY WARM VERSE :biglaugh:

If any man's work is BURNED UP, he will suffer loss; but he himself wil be saved, yet so as through FIRE!

know for a fact there was not-so-funny-stuff with someone's poor wife

Sorry Excath, really. I was just adding to Dooj's effort at humorous relief in this here very intense thread. But really, Ralph did make a lot of us laugh, no? He was like "the un-religious guy", the one we could relate to. Except, when it came to all of that intense research, I was not in his league. But that was just me...

Hopefully there will be no cassette tapes in Heaven to listen to? Or classes for that matter. I was a bad student when it came to sitting and listening all of that time. I was a serious "faller asleeper" in those classes. Unless, when it was live, someone was being funny, for there really was some fun humour by certain people. Ralph used to crack me up, as did some guy named Heron (Frank?) while at Emporia. But, I didn't have the "research mind" that many did. Ralph did go into some heavy research, or so it seemed. I remember one long and detailed teaching about "tapeinophrosune" that went on forever it seemed. Ralph talked about how exciting it was to go on a "two hour romp in the Word", and I was like, "two hours? On my own without it being a class in the Corps? I don't think so...." And so, since this is a thread on forgiveness, I suppose I can forgive Ralph for that...Hah! :)

Ralph should have been more "humble" about it all. :biglaugh:

To which line would you be referring to kind Sir? The Greek line? I believe it is listed as 1 Corinthians 3:17

Or would you be referring to the English line, "Parse away, Parse away, Parse away all!?"

I was asking about the Greek line you quoted. What text is that exact quote from, and in which century was the ink still wet?

So tell me, you're happy with verse 17 as you quoted it and as it appears in the KJV?

Man, I nearly had a cow when I saw that verse. It didn't sit well with me at all.

I wonder how many other grads either never saw that verse and passage, versus how many were religiously complacent in accepting it, contradictions, destruction and all.

Don'tWorryBeHappy,

I think the originator of this thread has not been here to hear your questions. He was a new guy that somewhat seems to have come and gone.

Thanks for the "feel free to take another couple of hundred posts to answer my questions if you need to." I don't NEED to delay at all, though. It's a pedagogical device to delay an answer to allow more posters to wake up to it, or to swing on by and see it.

You are unusually impatient at times about getting answers. I suspect you're just new and don't know the ropes as to how boards work. You have to hang in there for more time to get them all answered. Show your face more.

As for the questions you have of me, about Jesus Christ and the Orange book, that goes back through several years of consistent, persistent (and even IMO deliberate) misunderstandings of one LONG LOST post I did here years ago. You can be content for the time being, though, with the following.

If... notice I say "IF"... IF the contents of the PFAL book were given by inspiration of God to VPW's teachers and to VPW as to how to "put it all together," then Jesus Christ is perfectly lined up with it, right? What I've ACTUALLY SEEN was posted once or twice here, and was spit upon and maligned. I prefer to reserve it for those who want to believe again.

Hey! Let me ask YOU a question. How did you reconcile I Cor3:17 back in the good old days?

Jonny Lingo,

In think we're supposed to keep handles confidential.

Edited by Mike

and you know what

i think this whole thread is bullsheet

and i do not care if you ever forgive me or not

I'm totally confused excie.

(I guess I could have used one of these things: :confused:)

I don't recall you doing anything that required my forgiveness.

(what makes you think it was YOU who did something wrong????)

Ya know??? I haven't read any of this thread yet, except for this page.

I might muster up the energy to go back to page one, and then again I may not.

But I saw a mention of Ralph D., and his teachings.

I remember one. :)

Couldn't tell you where or when ---- but it was like the Hippy preaching to the choir!! :biglaugh:

He was teaching on (I-forget-what), and was in the OT quoting a verse

about the *Deep Things of God*.

I think it might have been:

I Chron. 2:10

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things,

yea, the deep things of God..

Which he followed up with --- (said in the best hippy voice with an illegal smile)

"Man! So cool! How deep is God, man???

He's like --- TOTALLY DEEP!!!

How far DOWN do you have to go to understand TOTALLY DEEP??

I was laughing then, and still laugh today when I think of that time.

*Biblical research* at it's finest!! :eusa_clap:

Edited by dmiller