GreaseSpot Cafe

resurfacing

Tex

Hi everyone, I'm new to the cafe and am very glad to be here. I feel like I've been lost in the wilderess for a good twenty years and have finally arived home.

let me tell you a little about myself. I joined TWI at fourteen and was one of the "Groovy Christians of Rye, New York. " Went to school then joined the 8th Corps. There I encountered Wierwille's "lockbox"and was subjected to his advances for several years. "Advances" is a nice way of puttng it. But I feel like I've been in the desert for all these years slogging my way through the rubble of The Way.

I've put a pretty nice life together - got remarried, raised three kids, went back to school, started a career. All the good stuff, but the memories and damage remains. Like losing a leg, you never quite recover, you just learn to cope.

I've written a book about my experience called Losing The Way and its going to be published in June'08 by a small press out West. It's very exciting but sad, too. I just want to help other people who have been through similar traumas move on and create new lives.

So that's about it about me. Just wanted to introduce myself and see who else is out there. This is a great service you have and are providing. I'm glad to be here, tex

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome.

Most of the people hear are nice people.

There's a sticky topic pinned up top, and I recommend you look it over if you haven't already.

It's got a welcome in it.

There's a variety of opinions, and a variety of people here. That's what happens when people

are allowed the freedom to think for themselves. (Or to refrain from thinking for themselves,

as the case may be.) Mostly, that's healthy here. Keep in mind NOBODY's the "typical"

poster here.

Enjoy your stay.

We have discussions that are serious, or jokes, or somewhere in between.

Welcome, Tex! :)

Here's a map to the Cafe that WordWolf so excellently compiled for us.

And, as WateredGarden said, first order is always on the house. Enjoy the mocha latte' this morning while you peruse the digs. There are quite a few "groovy Christians" here, hopefully you'll find some long lost buddies.

gallery_452_63_5331.jpg

Welcome to the Cafe, Tex! Glad to have you here, some of us have been "out" for about 20 years, too, so you may run into old friends. I for one am very excited about your upcoming book, so let us know when it's available!

You're a courageous person and an inspiriation! I can imagine it's been a long road but a very worthwhile one writing your story.

Enjoy your holidays and stay well !

Welcome aboard Tex. I was also a "groovy Christian of Rye."

I can't wait to read your book.

This is a wonderful place for healing, talking, making sense of - what the heck happened, etc.

Your story and thoughts and opinions are welcome here.:)

Welcome to Grease Spot, Tex! I look forward to reading your book – the title is perfect. I’m glad you found this website – a great place of give and take.

Hey Tex-

So glad you have come forward. I know that's not easy to do, my hat goes off to you. Very brave. Can't wait to read your book.

As for the memories maybe we can't erase them but we can try to do our best to get over them and help others do so. Good to have you here.

There are those here who think VP was perfect in every way. I've heard and seen enough to know it's not true.

I wasn't a "groovy Christian" but heard about it. Can't wait to hear more.

If you were from NY why Tex? It's okay though.

Hi Tex:

Welcome! Glad you're here. I just started posting very recently too. I'm celebrating my 20th anniversary next month of being "post-Way". Congrats on moving ahead with your life.

Your book sounds very interesting and I'll be looking forward to reading it also. I wasn't a "groovy Christian from Rye, New York", but I was a groovy Christian from Cleveland, OH at that time.

Love to all,

drummerboy

P.S. Speaking of groovy Christians, perhaps some of you might want to see my new backyard-produced, documentary film on post-Way life, "How Drummerboy Got His Groove Back". I guarantee it won't be playing at the WOW Auditorium; I'm very sure I'd look lousy in tights, and my dancing skills at questionable at best. :dance:

SNIP

P.S. Speaking of groovy Christians, perhaps some of you might want to see my new backyard-produced, documentary film on post-Way life, "How Drummerboy Got His Groove Back". I guarantee it won't be playing at the WOW Auditorium; I'm very sure I'd look lousy in tights, and my dancing skills at questionable at best. :dance:

Will there be any Polka music? :wink2:

:wave:

Waysider:

Yes, the soundtrack will be classic Frankie Yankovic polka tunes: on Way leadership ("Just Because"); honesty at the WOW dinner table ("Who Stole the Kishka?"), and my favorite song after a long evening of door-to-door witnessing ("The Beer Barrel Polka").

For the uninitiated who aren't from Cleveland, Frankie Yankovic was the "Polka King", and still has Elvis-level status among polka afficionados in the Cleveland area.

Polka on,

drummerboy

For the uninitiated who aren't from Cleveland, Frankie Yankovic was the "Polka King", and still has Elvis-level status among polka afficionados in the Cleveland area.

Polka on,

drummerboy

I've heard that name before -- but Florian Chmielewski is the *Polka King* here in Minney-soda!

;)

quote: I've written a book about my experience called Losing The Way and its going to be published in June'08 by a small press out West. It's very exciting but sad, too. I just want to help other people who have been through similar traumas move on and create new lives.

Is the book like Karl Kahler's, solely about TWI as he experienced it, or more about recovery, using TWI as just the primary "villain"?

• 2 weeks later...