GreaseSpot Cafe

Christmas

Danny

Form the poor nature of changing Christmas to something

only the household could share in was a big deal.

Many of the things TWI did was to separate it's followers from the masses.

Just take Christ out of Christmas after all you know he was born some

other time.

You know The Word replaces the absent Christ.

Make head knowledge more important than the Christ that lives within.

What do you think?

Were is Word Wolf when you need him.

Merry Christmas

Edited by Danny

I always found it strange that they would require us to say Ho Ho or Happy Household Holidays hence removing Christ from the season as you have said. But if they were so adamant about December 25 not being his birthday, why did we not have a huge celebration on his alleged birthday?

Enslaved Christians were given one day in the entire year off of work. They chose to celebrate the birth of their Savior on that day. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. At that point it didn't matter when he was born. It mattered that he was born. Oh, I know what the Ministry would say, "that's not the accuracy of the Word! You're copping out on the truth."

Merry Christmas!

I think it may had something to do with a private interpretation of the scriptures that instruct not to place one day above another.

With that in mind, how then do you justify a celebration for Pentecost, 40th anniversary, homecoming of the WOWs(ROA) or any of the other many celebrations that WERE observed?

Ahh...that's easy. What or rather who was the centerpiece for all of those celebrations? With the exception of Pentecost it usually revolved around VP. I remember the front page of one of the mags that was dedicated to the homecoming of the WOW's, a huge pic of VP graced its cover. Inside were some pics of the WOW's and more pics of VP.

Ho, ho, ho and a Merry Christmas to all. Mistletoe, eggnog with rum, lots of presents, cookies and milk for Santa.

Family, fun, and the joy of childhood.

And if it's all of pagan origin then God bless the pagans who helped establish a tradition that gives me days off of work and a fun time with my family.

-CF

"Dedicated to putting the X back in Xmas."

I think the term "Ho Ho" originated because that was the time of year when in residence WC were relocated from one campus to another, household holiday relocation being abbreviated to ho ho relo.

I think it's pathetic that people felt the need to apologize for putting a tree and giving their children presents.

I think it was part of a trend that ended up with the ministry centered on the MOG rather than the Lord Jesus Christ.

After LCM established his kingdom, a lot more things went the way of the dodo; ROA, prayers for healing, etc.

But Christmas was out long before that.

WG

I always found it strange that they would require us to say Ho Ho or Happy Household Holidays hence removing Christ from the season as you have said. But if they were so adamant about December 25 not being his birthday, why did we not have a huge celebration on his alleged birthday?
TWI talked out of both sides of their collective mouth on this issue. they wanted to participate in the cultural fun and games, but pretend like they weren't observing the day. Same as Halloween. I recall hearing Bill Gr**ne talking about the kids going out "Bless or Treat" on Halloween. At least the JW's are consistant in maintaining their stance of no holiday observances.

TWI's practice of Christmas, in itself, is proof the organization is a cult. They expected you to SPEAK THEIR LANGUAGE for the name of the holiday. "Christmas" was replaced by "HoHo". They expected you NOT TO QUESTION what you were taught about the birth of Christ or their practice (or lack of) of the holiday. They taught it was BETTER TO BE WITH THEM than your family during the holiday - so you don't return to your "old man ways", etc. And finally, they PUT DOWN DEMONIATIONS' TEACHINGS about the holiday.