GreaseSpot Cafe

CREATE YOUR FATE IN 2008!

Bumpy

ATTENTION ALL GREASY SPOTTERS...THE CLOCK IS TICKING, YOUR BODY IS DECAYING, YOU'RE SOON GOING TO BE "A GREASE SPOT BY MID-NIGHT! :evildenk:

IF, 2008 IS THE LAST YEAR OF YOUR LIFE ON PLANET EARTH, HOW WILL YOU SPEND THOSE 365 DAYS? :)

EACH ONE COUNTS AT JUDGEMENT DAY, EVEN IF YOU COME DRESSED AS A SQUIRREL OR SOME OTHER RODENT LIKE CREATURE!

THE END IS CLOSER THAN WHEN YOU FIRST BELIEVED YOU WERE A GREASE SPOT AVATAR! :evilshades:

THERE IS NO MORE HIDING BEHIND VP AND TWI EXCUSES OF WHAT OTHERS MAY HAVE DONE TO YOU! THE PAST HAS NO QUALIFICATIONS POINTS FOR PASSING THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION TO THE PEARLY GATES INC. MEMBERSHIP OF ETERNAL LIFE!

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO LIVE THE NEXT 365 DAYS, 8760 HOURS, 525,600 MINUTES? :unsure:

BUMP WISHES ALL A LONG PROSPEROUS 2008! :dance:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A large number of people start the year drunk ... :o

but it is a nice thought to consider good things ahead ...

situps ... excercise bike .... I don't clean windows or play volleyball now, I better do something ...

of course everyone says excercise, hmmm ... what else ... ????

My question to you is Will you spend the year being

the critic of what I do.

Seems I did fine before I start reading your crap.

And why is your way so important?

And how much do you charge for your class?

No thanks no church with you.

Happy New Year to you.

Ecclesiastes 3:15 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

15 Whatever is has already been,

and what will be has been before;

and God will call the past to account

In Isaiah 52 12

it says God will be your rear guard, it says God will go before you, It says not to go with haste.

I believe we need a "rear guard" to keep the sins and troubles from the past from sneeking up on our life again and cause more problems. .

God says in Ecclesiates that the past will be accounted for. He does hold people accountable for their life and what they do today and yesterday, yet he also guards us from the past hurts and sin so we can indeed move on to a new day with joy, to serve the call of a Risen Saviour.

The intimacy of God and His people is a remarkable thing.

Hi bumpy

i put this in the voice of offense thread as well

the past will be accounted for means to me God knows what has "happened to us" and takes it into account when leading us and going before us , it says not to hurry up in other words it says do not run away from your past , DEAL with it already because He is a "rear guard"!

like the rodents says and i also beli:eve our past experience and life and situations do come along with us into the future, i hope this is how wisdom is formed and the grey hair is earned.

happy New YEAR you crazy tiger. mooner: :mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner: well i edited this to put the smilies in i just had to what with the rear guard theme and all

Edited by pond

Hi there Bumpy!

My answer to your question.............Stay in the moment....don't project....deal with what's happening now!! It's a quote from a book I've been reading but I think it's a great quote to live by, aleast for my life. I don't want to use up my time living in the past or the future where what I'm doing is just a means to an end, I want to enjoy the journey NOW !

Cowgirl

Hmmm. Well, I don't believe in Judgement Day, so can't apply that.

Why would I need to change my life because it is my last year on Earth? I'm living my life in light of what I believe, I see no pressing need to make a 'life overhaul' because it is all going to end in a year...

I have no sense of urgency to change myself because you or someone else thinks I should.

I'll just continue on, being a mom, wife, employee, sister, friend, Grease Spotter, as best I can, which may include 'whining' about ugly times in TWI.

Agreed Bramble :)

I will end this year with a day of horse back training and riding with our kiddoes....on a gorgeous day....Marveling at the great good fortune that I am permitted to enjoy.

The world class mare that I begin to train for my life partner....My exceptionally cool children with whom I get to travel this path...my home in the country with the bazillion animal strays that have found their way to me ...aand now call this humble place home...lol

I will continue to feverishly prepare for the musical with some of the kids, I will be participating in another one for the younger ones following....there are the yearly karate championships to be preparing for, I will be helping some of my kids study and pass their black belt exams....there is the yearly treck to upper michigan to look forward to :)

What a great year to look forward to!

and Bramble, if I may close with your line, because I think it is truly a classic....

*I`ll just continue on, being a mom, employee, sister, friend (I`ll throw in wife here for me, as well) Greasespotter, as best I can, which may include `whining` about ugly times in TWI* :)

Heehee, I had wife in here, Rascal. I wouldn't leave Mr Bramble out! :biglaugh:

But yeah, I see the initial post as another 'shut up about TWI, it is BAD to say BAAAD things about TWI' post.

I don't have to shut up. I think it is BAD to try to shush others up. Plus it seems a little...frantic? Desparate?

Hiya Bump! Happy New Year! I wish you a long and happy life as well.

It's interesting that you ask this question as I also have been thinking about this. There are many thoughts out there that ones personal involvement in twi somehow altered their life onto a less productive path. College was delayed, families were delayed and some were horribly hurt.

I like to believe that I am where I am today not despite my involvement in twi but rather because of it. I cannot change what I did. I can take credit for what I did...right and wrong, and I can learn from it all. My past experiences have shaped who I am, how I think, my core values and how I react to things. And the great thing about all of that is that I like who I am today. (Of course I know that not all will share my view, and in truth perhaps they should not.)

So if this were my last year what would I do with my time? Exactly what I have been doing. I would raise my grand niece, I would teach her all that I could before I left. I would make certain that she would never have to worry about money again after I was gone. I would go to work 5 days a week and be a good example to the younger troops. I would play on the computer, clean the garage, restore my 280Z, plant a garden of flowers and vegetables, make a waterfall and stream in the back yard, have BBQ's, write my autobiography...there's more but still the same answer..exactly what I have been doing.

I live everyday as if it were my last. We have only one shot at this and I want to make the most of it...for me, for God and for those that I love. And if I may borrow a line from Bramble..."which may include `whining` about ugly times in TWI" That is a great line!

Edited by Eyesopen

I missed it Bramble, sorry...it was still a brilliant line, thanks for letting me borrow it.

Absolutely, the original post was intended to be offensive ...it`s just not any fun if folks won`t rise to the bait :)

Wow Eyes, you are one busy lady!

Edited by rascal

MANY THANKS FOR ALL THE INTERESTING REPLIES! MY FE^TE BEGINS SOON IN AN OLD HAUNTED CHATEAU FAMOUS FOR POMMARD WINES AND A FEW OTHER THINGS! :eusa_clap:

DANNY, I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD YEAR!

RHINO, YOU'RE A VERY HORNEY FARM GUY!

BRAMBLE, A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WOULD SMELL AS SWEET!

EYES, YOU WOULD ENJOY A GOOD, LONG, INTERESTING FRENCH VACATION!

JOHNNY, TOO BAD WE LIVE SO FAR APART. FISHING IN AFRICA AND ALASKA WOULD BE A GREAT COMBO!

RASCAL, FOR A RODENT WITH SO MANY BUSY ACTIVITIES, I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU FIND THE GREASY TIME? BUT WITH YOUR WAY CONVICTIONS, MY GUESS IS TWI DOESN'T HAVE TOO LONG TO LAST! :)

COWGIRL, GLAD THE LOONIE IS AT PARITY & YOU CAN FLASH THAT CURRENCY WITH PRIDE AS YOU LIVE FOR THE MOMENT!

GOD BLESS ALL THE GREASE SPOTTERS, AND BE EXTRA CAREFUL AS THE CLOCK STRIKES MID-NIGHT... THERE MAY BE A GUY STOCKING NEW YEAR'S SHELVES IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD LOOKING FOR A NEW CULT STORY LINE! :evildenk:

NUTS!! :jump:

Life IS good! So right!

I would like to amend my previous list. I would like to add things that I have never done but would like to: Jump from a perfectly good airplane (with a parashute of course), leap from a very tall cliff attached to a hanglider, wild water raft down the Colorado, visit the Pyramids, visit the Great Wall...oh heck travel like crazy! And finally, stand in Times Square and watch the ball drop while I count in the New Year with my friends and family. Darn it 365 days just isnt enough to do everything! :blink:

Is it time again for resolutions? As others have said, I'm stickin' with my former game plan, which is to

study to be quiet, and

to do my own business, and

to work with my own hands

whining is not anticipated, including not whining about the whiners

happy new year !!!!!!

i hope it's good for all of us

ps. bumpy we can't create ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Ex, you are so right about 'create'! Wow, that owrd is right up there with "wish'. Details, people, details! All it takes is one wrong word to get on the slippery slope!

This is the correct phrase:

Imagineer your Fate in 2008.

No kidding Eyes??? It sounds like we have the same list!!!

OMG... Cept I have to wait a few years for the kiddos grow up before I jump out of a perfectly good air plane...lol

My brother, when he retires from the military is planning on opening a jump school in the fla keys :)

In addition to THAT list...

I want to ride the appalachian trail on my horse. if I am not tired after that, I may go coast to coast :)

That is all a long way off yet though.

If I ever get tired of horses, the husband and I have talked about buying a boat and just hugging the coast of lake michigan and superior...visiting all the quaint little tourist towns :)

You know Rascal we may just be able to figure a way to jump outa that plane together...in a few years of course.

Don't ever get tired of horses! They're dandy animals. Next time I go back to Michigan to visit the family I'm just gonna have to stop by your place and get in a bit of riding myself..you can come too :rolleyes:

The boat thing dont sound too bad either. But I wouldnt suggest swimming in Superior. I stepped into it once and thought that the skin was either going to shrivel off or get burned off of my foot. Never do that again let me tell you! I guess I am a bit to familiar with the Pacific..nice and warm.

Oh! I forgot to tell you...I finished one of my books and am sending the copy to the publisher via internet on Wednesday. I'm so excited! Gonna be my first (hopefully not the last) in print!

Ok I gotta go pick up the rug rat and bring her home...so she can change clothes and I can take her somewhere else. Do they ever sit still?

Yeah! I too, was getting this impression that this was Yet Another 'Don't Focus on the Past, Just Shut Up and Forgive!' ((ahem)) whinings. <_<

Besides, it looks like somebody's CAPS LOCK KEY IS STUCK, ... it seems.

garthp2008, you're late but happy new year 2 you and everyone who made it!!

fellow christians, again, this thread like most of the 'crap' i post is just for fun, in case some haven't figured that out by now? (i leave the serious anger management sh$t to the more qualified)!

whether that constitutes whineings or arrogance or whatever, you have to ask around. whatever the revealed truth may be, for me the problem is some people just taking THEMSELVES and their cyber fingers WAY 2 SERIOUSLY??? :confused:

So again, 4 2008((reading too much into still another simple silly bumpy thread and making it into a psycho drama might just be another cult side effect...which again may be seen as a little strange since all this is being played out in cyberspace behind our little avatars, now in 2008...))

so!, this leads me to my first new year's question..? when Jesus did his water to cool aid whine show for his guests, was it red or white? dry or...what? i asked this at the table last night and the french consensus was red. but what do french catholics know about wine?, and besides, you usually start with white, right? (or beer if you're a rhino!) :biglaugh:

so maybe an old wc vet of MANY years of mog worship experience has some heavy spiritual insight on what vp said was the revealed spiritual truth of the matter...even if a 2 glass limit was all that could be "swallowed" for all those years!

~ex~ darling, happy new year, and remember, if vp said it...it has to be true! :biglaugh:

RASCAL, FOR A RODENT WITH SO MANY BUSY ACTIVITIES, I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU FIND THE GREASY TIME?

Oh I don`t know Bumpy, I guess that you just have to make what`s important a priority in life :)

Eyes, I fish in Michigan. I ride horses in Tennessee ...I would enjoy meeting you in either state :)

If my brother sets up his jump school in the keys, I`ll invite you down and we can do it together. I`d like to learn to scuba dive while I am there and maybe even do some exploring with the kayaks.

I also have an old harley sportster that needs to be worked on. I plan on doing some of THAT kind of riding as well when the kids are grown. There is this awsome neighbor...she is in her 60s...that is a legend in the motorcycle world. She rides a hog....she teaches safety courses....even teaches the POLICE how to ride their bikes!!!!

That`s MY kind of gal...she has promised to let my girls and I in her class :)

Edited by rascal

So again, 4 2008((reading too much into still another simple silly bumpy thread and making it into a psycho drama might just be another cult side effect...which again may be seen as a little strange since all this is being played out in cyberspace behind our little avatars, now in 2008...))

If that wasn`t your intention ...than maybe we need to work on your *people skills* :)

If that wasn`t your intention ...than maybe we need to work on your *people skills* :)

Rascal, if you weren't a rodent I would kiss you!

There are *no people skills* required in cyber land because No People Exist! What you read is the matrix of computer generated binary code, coated in nothing but illusions of human emotional reaction! Nothing authentic exists, therefore No "Skills" are REQUIRED to WORK on...IT'S "ALL" GRACE!! VP