GreaseSpot Cafe

Elitism and the seperation of humanity through religion

Without renewed mind being powered by God, it's just mind games.

Hi cman,

Renewed mind is volition with or without a faith in God.

It is simply deciding what you are going to live by. You set the rules. You make up your mind as to what the truth is, that is going to enable you overcome the "works of the flesh that lead to death".

Of course we are talking about renewing the mind to "The Spirit", which is God. God is Spirit.

The Spirit part of you is the God part of you.

The God Part of you, is the Spirit within.

There is a battlefield in the mind, and you set the rules and decide the outcome.

Does that sound like elitism?

I believe that every human being, has the same God given potential, to find the true life that comes through tapping into the Spirit of Christ.

For a 'christian' to think of being 'elite' is not Christ.

Or anyone else for that matter. Any person spiritually speaking.

cman,

I agree with you here.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By mind games I mean figuring it out yourself instead of it being shown to you from within.

Which puts a twist on the word 'you' and needs to be clarified.

Therte are a lot of you's that think when they should not and should think when they don't.

But such is the experience of life.

How can we renew our minds without being shown the choices?

Romans 12

1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

We present ourselves as living sacrifices.

Which is holy and acceptable.

Not being conformed to this world-but another.

To prove to ourselves that it is not ourselves.

Verse three is mighty plain.

Question is, how are we to think of ourselves?

Think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

And the adventure to see it, cause faith has substance, something real.

Being 'elite' or gifted, in a group, is not of ourselves.

More closely because of the group and it's contributions.

And that title, or whatever you want to call it.

Does not put anyone above anyone else.

Nor does it say that anyone else has something you don't.

As far as the word elite or related words.

Other people consider some elite, but not to say they have something others don't.

Together we make a difference.

Alone will not affect anyone but the one alone.

We present ourselves as living sacrifices.

Which is holy and acceptable.

Not being conformed to this world-but another.

To prove to ourselves that it is not ourselves.

Verse three is mighty plain.

Question is, how are we to think of ourselves?

Think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

And the adventure to see it, cause faith has substance, something real.

Being 'elite' or gifted, in a group, is not of ourselves.

More closely because of the group and it's contributions.

And that title, or whatever you want to call it.

Does not put anyone above anyone else.

Nor does it say that anyone else has something you don't.

As far as the word elite or related words.

Other people consider some elite, but not to say they have something others don't.

Together we make a difference.

Alone will not affect anyone but the one alone.

Very nice cman,

Thank you.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

You know, cman, I have a sense that the concept of elitism is both an attitude and than a natural state. This verse states why.

Patrick, I see your point, as an attitude or way of viewing oneself and others. As a natural state though, every one and everything has it's own existence and forms an "elite" class of one. Each of us is the superior version of ourselves, any effort to copy will have to be substandard.

Paul's words do in fact go to a very elite definition of that "one", as he instructs a person to not be one way - conformed or fashioned to "this world" - and to be another - transformed. The meta means change and the morph means form. The "renewing" produces an actual change. There's another spot where he says to be "renewed in the life of your mind".

The continued effort points to a process - growth, progress. If we make progress towards that change of form, it's going to be evident. When metamorphosis occurs it's going to be in the fabric of who we are. We continue to respond to life, be who we are, learn, decide, choose, etc. We're actually going to be changing to be more like that spirit of Christ that "dwells" in each of us.

That produces a very "elite" individual - by nature we're the only legitimate version of ourselves there is. By tranforming by the renewing of our mind we become more of the nature of Christ, more like God intends for each person.

It's "elite" whether we like it or not. It's progress, growth, improvement, produced by God's interaction and our actions.

I think there are negative implications to the idea of an "elitism" but they're probably the ones we bring to the changes we aspire to. Those negative attitudes must be counter productive to the process, when I think about it. ?

Wow Socks,

You put in a way I had not thought of.

The continued effort points to a process - growth, progress. If we make progress towards that change of form, it's going to be evident. When metamorphosis occurs it's going to be in the fabric of who we are. We continue to respond to life, be who we are, learn, decide, choose, etc. We're actually going to be changing to be more like that spirit of Christ that "dwells" in each of us.

We become the Ideal version that we emagine to be Christ. If we keep the vision in our mind we become what we desire to be. We live with this newness of life and find it to be good or not good. If it is not good then we change the vision, till we find what truly satisfies. Trial and error. Cause and effect. The perfecting of soul................high mindedness? Maybe, but what else is there to do in life but endeavour to be the best that we can be? I like to say "be careful and have fun". It is on our bullitain board in the living room......."life is supposed to be fun".

That produces a very "elite" individual - by nature we're the only legitimate version of ourselves there is. By tranforming by the renewing of our mind we become more of the nature of Christ, more like God intends for each person.

It's "elite" whether we like it or not. It's progress, growth, improvement, produced by God's interaction and our actions.

Well said.

My highest view is that love is the highest attainable goal in the present world. To not love, is to live less then I desire. This is my elite self. My high mindedness.

Jesus Christ said that "the greatest among you will be the servant of all"

Jesus Christ washed his desiples feet.

Jesus Christ gave his life for all. This is our example, that we too should give our lives, not in death but as living sacrifices. Elite. Chosen to serve as cman said.

I think there are negative implications to the idea of an "elitism" but they're probably the ones we bring to the changes we aspire to. Those negative attitudes must be counter productive to the process, when I think about it. ?

I think we keep going deeper and deeper into the idealism that we aspire to. When we have transended to one place, there is a new place to progress to further.

It is important to enjoy the present state though. The fullness of all that God is, has been given to us in the form of that Spirit that is in us, and that we daily commune with.

Seek ye first the kindom of God, and all things will come natural after that.

As we daily seek the Spiritual, we get to enjoy all the fruit of life that goes along with it. The love, the Joy, the Peace, the patience, the kindness, the goodness, the faith , the gentleness, and the self-controle.

That Jesus sure was an elite human.

I can do all things through Christ who stregthens me.

Ever known anyone who believed that?

Elite in a positive aspect, as in a personal calling, or a chosen responsibilty often involves serving others through their church or ministry.

I think that type of 'elite' mindset does a great deal of good in the world--the roll up the sleeves and work on solving this problem --type elite. There's a thread on About the Wqay( Way Bubblea) where posters are talking about the charitable programs their churches are involved in, very heartwarming. I see those types of churches adn Christians as trying to better others, building community, giving hope.

Quite different than the TWI type of isolation and disdain for those with problems.

There are many scriptures that deal with this topic in the scriptures. My personal favorite most times is 1 COR 13: 1-7

If I don't have love then all my knowledge, sacrifice, or credentials of any kind are worthless and "I AM NOTHING."

I THINK THAT GOD KNOWS THIS, COMPLETELY WITHOUT RESPECT OF PERSONS OR RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION.

Edited by JeffSjo