GreaseSpot Cafe

Introducing Me

waykid

Hi all,

I happened by this spot years ago when all the s**t hit the fan. For some reason I have been thinking about my childhood in the Way alot lately and figured I would check back in. Mom got into the Way when I was 2. We went WOW in Detroit in 1982. We were Family Corp 11. My mom and brother are in some of the pictures posted in the gallery. I wonder where I was? Most of my time in Rome City is remembered fondly. Mostly because I was very involved in singing even though I was just 6. Cindy Bernidini was my first voice coach and made an indelible impression. I started to majorly question the Way's teachings and practices shortly after taking PFAL. My gut just told me something was off. These feelings grew and grew and I began to voice these feelings to my mom and stepdad and refuse to go to twig when I was a senior in high school. Things got really bad for a while. I know my parents were under great pressure from leadership about everything and these tensions and negativity filtered down. Things with my parents were miserable and the downfall of the ministry really shook my mom to the core. I was at college when it happened so I was somewhat insulated from the fallout. I believe they completely stopped WAY activities around 1998. I have come to terms with the fact that I was raised in a cult. But I only started admitting it to others in the past few years. Glad to find a place to talk to others who know what it was like.

P.S. If anyone has a collection of music from WAY Productions I would love to hear from you. I participated in making an album. I sang with a group of other kids and alone on one track. I think it would have been around 1986 or so. I honestly don't know if it was ever released. But if you know of such a recording having a copy would mean the world to me.

Welcome, waykid. On ebay right now, the music tapes that you speak of are listed by someone as a set.

If you are interested, let me know and I wil look it up again. I think they go off in 2 days.

Welcome, waykid. On ebay right now, the music tapes that you speak of are listed by someone as a set.

If you are interested, let me know and I wil look it up again. I think they go off in 2 days.

If you could point me in the direction of that tape I would be really grateful. I looked on ebay and couldn't find it. Kelly

Kelly,

Go to ebay and search 'Wierwille lot of 2 children music cassettes the way' rrdhawkeye is the seller. I do not know how to add a link or I would. The listing goes off in 1 day and 17 hours from now.

The bid is at $10.50 right now.

I had them but sold them. One of the ebayers who bought some of my way items said both his sons were on the childrens tape.

It has been interesting selling on ebay.

If you don't get the tapes, let me know. I may be able to help you out.

Glad you found Greasespot Cafe. :)

Oh the item # for the tapes is 280192032799. Hopefully with this information, you will find it.

Kelly,

Go to ebay and search 'Wierwille lot of 2 children music cassettes the way' rrdhawkeye is the seller. I do not know how to add a link or I would. The listing goes off in 1 day and 17 hours from now.

The bid is at $10.50 right now.

I had them but sold them. One of the ebayers who bought some of my way items said both his sons were on the childrens tape.

It has been interesting selling on ebay.

If you don't get the tapes, let me know. I may be able to help you out.

Glad you found Greasespot Cafe. :)

Oh the item # for the tapes is 280192032799. Hopefully with this information, you will find it.

Thanks. Found them. I don't think they are the recordings I sang on. We did ours in 85 I believe. I still might bid on those though.

• 1 month later...
Thanks. Found them. I don't think they are the recordings I sang on. We did ours in 85 I believe. I still might bid on those though.

Did you sing on that kids tape that all those songs like "We're Standing on the W-O-R-D" and "Little Tin Soldier" and "He Made it Just For Me".

I listened to that tape ALL the time.

• 2 weeks later...

that's crazy, I was involved in that recording in 86 too.. I'm sure we knew each other.. I was in f11 also.. in first thru third grade as I remember.. I'm sure our stories would have a few parallels..

That's funny, I don't remember that tape. Must be because I was in the 4th -6th grader crew. We might of been busy dealing with puberty. Well, everyone else was. :biglaugh:

Welcome, waykid. Interesting how so many of the handful of young former waykids are from around our corps. I was F12. Must be a coming of age thing. Midlife crisis, maybe, lol.

AJern, needs to get some of those tapes and mix up something for us! :beer:

• 2 years later...