GreaseSpot Cafe

Why are Wierwille's Sins Excuseable and Martindale's Not?

Oakspear

Vickles back on around page ten you said

quote:
I found out that my bc who was also running a group home that I lived in was boinking a sweet young thing that also lived in the house. She was devestated. He told her that he was the mog and she was there to meet his needs. She finally shared it with me what was going on. I went to the lc about this. They moved her out and had her move in with the lc. I never saw her again. This bc became a lc in another state the next year. I was not able to do anything with twi again.

When I first read that, I thought you meant you were so repulsed by them you made a decison NOT to do anything with them again.

YOU meant that they would not have anything to do with you. They announced to the world you had devils after you went to get "help" for that girl that the bc was abusing.

THAT is so similar to what happened to me... I did the right thing to stop evil and to help those caught in the snare to recover. I went to the next level to get them help -- but how would any of us know that MOST of these guys were all in on it?

So, you were tossed from the corps because you were honorable and thought VP abusing people in the corps was NOT something you wanted in your life. No RV trips for you!

AND when you went to help the girl being abused by the bc you were black balled and everyone was told you had demons!

Shoot, we could be dang near twins in dealing with that stuff.

It was very very rough. In part, that is why I can understand people here who do not believe us -- but when they say things like you are a liar and speak for the devil, or I was told I am in hell and he is who I worship or something -- it is VERY spiritual the blind would use similar words that defeated me to a pulp in the past. Words of the inner-circle police.

I praise God for the folks who tell it like it is and fight for us when we get a punch.

I will not let anyone say I speak for the devil because I am exposing what happened again. That happened before and nearly killed me... I told the truth and was assassinated because of it.

Vic- it feel s good to say what happened and be heard doesn't it?

People do not have to immediately embrace all the dark things brought forth as truth. But after YEARS they might just consider it a little... However, to be told you have devils or speak for the devil - ain't going to let it go again....

Rereading your post got me going as I can really feel what you felt.

Dot_Matrix.gif

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lightside, Wendy Ford was her name in the Corps (I only mention her full name because she freely uses it on that referenced site). She was in rez for a very short time, as I recall. Of course, alfakat will have the dates, duration, eye color and food preferences...The Man With A Memory.

We had a girl/woman in our corps that totally flipped out during lightbearers our last year. She was beautiful, her brother was in the 11th corps, married and one of the "leaders". I don't know if he was in the "inner circle". NE way his younger sister came back from lb totally wigged out. My )then)wife Linda tried to talk to her but Pat Lynn segregated her from the rest of us. She had some kinda breakdown.. No one was ever told what exactly happened to her and she ended up not graduating and just "disappered".

During lb the corpse coordinators visted the teams out on the field. D--e B-d--- visited our team. Hit on my wife in a big way. She thought she had done something to provoke or encourage it... she was totally wigged out but it wasn't as blatent as vpw in the coach. That woulda got him an *** whuppin... as I'm sure he knew.

So what happened to my corpse sister??? makes you go hmmmmmmm??? Sh ewas never black balled, accused of possession etc, I think "they" knew better.

Damn damn damn damn damn... if I had only known!! Geesh I like to think I woulda stood up at lunch and called em out but I don't know that I woulda... maybe?

Yeah ex10 your dad and brother Pat woulda made some damn short work of pp I mean vp. He didn't dare try that **** with you. I could just see Pat Jr.... How's he doing anyway?

Dr. Wierwille's sins:

Adultery

Lying (plagarizing and failing to credit other people's works)

Condemnation and Judgmentalism (failing to forgive and forget other people's shortcomings)

Craig Martindale's sins:

Adultery

Lying

Condemnation

Judgmentalism

Elitism

False teaching.

The list above is in no way a complete list. I had no problem forgiving Dr. Wierwille for his plagarism and making up stories to enhance his credibility. Those things are easily forgiven. It is harder to forgive his condemning people for things outside of their control, such as blaming someone for someone else's death. I thank God for Dr. Wierwille for teaching the Word, even if some of it wasn't accurate.

Craig Martindale also engaged in adultery. Yet the hypocrisy goes much further in his case. Craig gave into lustful temptations and yet railed against homosexuals when the spiritual influences of lust and homosexual are very closely related. His adulterous acts basically invited the homosexual spiritual influences to take root inside TWI. That is hypocrisy.

Craig forsake God's Word and made Dr. Wierwille teachings equivalent to the Word, until he believed that his own ideas and beliefs were equivalent to the Word. The "Athletes of the Spirit" Production presented Craig as superior to Jesus Christ. The prides comes before the fall. Craig's ego far surpassed VP's.

Craig was confronted on numerous fronts regarding his wrongdoings and wrong teachings. He did not heed reproof. John Schoenheit shows from the Word that adultery is sin. Craig ignored that, and look what happened to Craig. He got sued for sexual harassment. Look at the fruits of Craig's actions.

Craig was confronted on other areas, but rejected Godly reproof. Craig stole TWI from those who wanted to believe God's Word more than commit to an organization. People did not leave TWI, Craig stole it from them because of his sin, his failure to restore his life back to the Word.

Craig went further in mistreating believers with his Mark and Avoid teaching. Bearing false witness against a brother or sister in Christ is a sin. Teaching wrong doctrine is a sin.

Craig damaged the reputation of many believers, fractionalized the body of believers, taught wrong doctrine, commit sins of lust and coercion upon many God-fearing women, and usurped God's authority by setting up himself as the authority. Craig mentally and verbally abused people.

Yet, had Craig simply acknowledged his mistakes back in 1987, I would have been happy to have continued to be a part of TWI. Craig chose to continue in error and sin. Was that greater than Dr. Wierwille's sins. In deliberately causing harm to believers, I say yes.

Well, it occurs to me that there really was a kind of great divide between people who were in the corps or on staff, and the masses of people who just went to or lead a twig. They rarely got the chance to see the "top leadership" up close and personal. Plus there were so many wonderful, loving, kind souls involved who really did reach out to people. I can certainly understand how hard it is for them to accept and believe the crap. Sheesh, I was there and I was clueless! for a while, anyway.

Al, DB went after my best friend in-rez as well. Sheesh. By the way, all my brothers are doing very well, as is Mom. Thanks for asking. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Al,

Ex's dad was a college football player (who looked every bit the part) for Heaven's sake. Though he was a most gentle soul, I wouldn't want to be the one he found out was messing around his little girl. OOh! Makes me hurt just thinking about it.

sudo

Brewmands,

Just where did you think LCM got his elitism and false teaching from?

Wierwille, who forgot more about the holy spirit than other Christians will ever know? Nah, no elitism there.

Wierwille, who taught it was the FEAR in the HEART and LIFE of that MOTHER that killed that child? Nope, no false doctrine there.

Hi brewmands!

I was out of TWI before Martindale took office (though I'd heard that he was next in line). I can tell you that most of the doctrines and practices you speak of originated with VPW. Wierwille came up with the Athletes doctrine, LCM just put himself in the starring role that was originally danced by someone else. Wierwille was isolating and telling tales about people under the "mark and avoid" scripture, Martindale just made it a catchword. Wierwille hated the Jews, homosexuals, federal government, and anyone else he took a dislike to (his temper was legendary at Headquarters); Martindale just mouthed off in public more often.

IMHO, Wierwille was more cunning -- Martindale was just a jerk!

Hope that helps you,

Shaz

The evil practices of the craigmonster and company COULD NOT have existed without the precedent set by VP.

Maybe somebody else remembers better than I do, but didn't VP teach in PFAL that wrong doctrine preceeds wrong practice? According to VP's own standards, the evil practice that existed in TWI couldn't have, without the wrong doctrine, taught and promulgated.

So even VP's own teaching condemns him!

Yophoto,

Welcome to the Cafe. How do you take your coffee?

I concur with your memory:

You practice something wrong long enough, you start making a doctrine out of it.

Of course, in real life, it's reciprocal. It's kind of a chicken-egg relationship. Which comes first? Doctrinal error or practical error? The answer is... yes!

brewmands9,

I generally have avoided discussions about Wierwille's sexual sins, because to me they seem a distraction from a more fundamental fact about Wierwille: Wierwille was a false teacher who raised his mouth against normative biblical Christianity, and against the revealed Christ of Scripture--whose eternal existence and deity Wierwille denied.

It seems appropriate, however, in response to your characterization of Wierwille's collection of sins as being less extensive and constituting something less egregious than Martindale's collection of sins, to point out that Wierwille--while he was in his fifties--was repeatedly attempting to seduce teenage girls, and reportedly practicing preemptive defamation against some who turned away his sexual advances.

In my cynical opinion, it is no tragedy that you and others around here had Martindale ruin the TWI-experience for you.

[This message was edited by Cynic on January 02, 2004 at 21:56.]

vpw was the Pharisee,

and lcm was the student that he made

"twice the child of hell" that he was.

vpw and lcm were not different in SUBSTANCE,

only in STYLE.

Those who were closer to "backstage" are well familiar with vpw's vices

(love of luxury and being feted everywhere he went, his love of

alcohol and tobacco, the sex maniac stuff) and his shortcomings

(his wrath whenever things weren't JUST the way he wanted, the evils

of anyone in power other than him, the evils of all other Christian

leaders) than people who only saw the image he projected on tape and

during public events.

Hello, Wordwolf.

I didn't VP only LCM. But I understand what you mean. LCM did learn from VP -- he was his prize student. I think that is why he won his position.

Plus, LCM loved him -- I think, more than anyone else did.

I like you. Don't know you, but I like you. . . I think.

S

To Dot Matrix and Excathedra (hope I spelled that right):

I'm sorry you were so hurt, but really, if you read your posts from an "outsider's" view you would see how full of yourselves you are.

I mean, really. . . "you're hot" "no, you're hot" "no, you're hot". Please.

I didn't know VP, but I think the people I knew were attracted to people who were open to that type of stuff. Not that you were, and not that you weren't hot, but really. Please.

S1

"Could we please get rid of these silly trees? I can't see stuff . . .

Can I say that I'm "....ed"??? When are we all going to take some responsibility???

We are taken advantage of when we LET ourselves be taken advantage of.

I was hurt, too -- extremely hurt. But guess what. . . I still had a mind of my own and KNEW BETTER but I LIKED being with the MOG.

Personally, I think Wierwille is to blame for the whole damn thing -- what a jerk. Craig loved Wierwille like we loved Craig. It goes from generation to generation just like in a regular old family."

And

"I think that by the time the MOG had (allegedley) "perfected" it, he could do things "spriritually" like on a Sunday night teaching tape reach people like me who lived miles away! Just on a tape! I remember the first time I was stimulated just by listening to a Sunday teaching tape while out WOW -- it spooked me, but I was a gal who was prone to that anyway."

"But honestly, I WANTED to be with him. He never forced me to do anything. My goof was to "love" him emotionally. Couldn't get past that part. And really, I think I still do and probably always will."

Talk about oh please!!!!!!

Go back to your wine and your SNS tape, sounds like a wonderful date for you.

Dot_Matrix.gif

[This message was edited by Dot Matrix on January 03, 2004 at 5:48.]

I don't listen to SNS tapes or anything else from the way. Haven't for almost 4 years now. I haven't been able to even talk about what happened to me until now and even now it's a little scary.

But at least I'm talking. I apologize for being mean. I'm still healing.

S1