GreaseSpot Cafe

Don't Throw the Baby Out With The Bathwater

I was told early on when I left, not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I did anyway. I threw it all out the door. I took every Bible, every book, every article, and every single "study guide" and put it in a box and as far back in my attic I could. Recently, however, I was cleaning out my attic for a garage sale. I came across all of this stuff. Seeing all this, got me to thinking.

How is it I feel now? How could I possibly make it by getting rid of all this I've always "known"? Well, I learned what I believe. I've learned that God is a very personal thing. The God I believe in understands when I will not discuss religion, when I do things that some think I should not. I live with high morals, and hold myself to higher standards than I ever have, but now there is NO guilt if I fall short. None!

I find there is a little bit of truth in everything, but not whole truth in just one thing. That is fine with me. I just keep on living my life. I love my family, I love my career, and I love my friends.

So, knowing some of the posters here, what exactly is sooo wrong with throwing the baby out with the bathwater, when I've ended up healthier by doing so??

Knowing some of the posters here, what exactly is sooo wrong with not throwing away a lot of good things I have learned, when I've ended up healthier by doing so?

I certainly have seen it on other threads recently; one in particular I am thinking of. Rather than give respect to someone's decision that something learned in TWI is right; someone basically said, well that's all right, it is each one's decision, but they are "waybrained". That, I think, accoring to the way the phrase is usually meant, is saying that someone had not made their own decision.

There was no baby. Not to be morbid, but there were detached baby parts, but no living baby.

Lots of effort has gone into stitching together the disparate parts. And great effort went into animating the Frankensteinian result. But it wasn't a living breathing baby.

I agree with Evan's insight, which I have seen him say before when this topic comes up. His viepoint is my favorite. There was no Baby in the first place.

The only thing I can add is that at times we had fun. I have fond memories of some of you wonderful people. But I am sure some of us would have managed to have fun even in in Jonestown. I think I would have survived, because I would have probably rebelliously drank beer instead of kool-aid. (God working in me to will and do of His good pleasure.)

John R.

As you can see, there's a variety of positions

and opinions here, all the honest opinions of

the posters.

Some are no longer Christian, so think it was

all bunk.

Some are Christian, but think it was all so

badly mangled, it's healthier to start from

scratch.

Some are Christian, but think it was mostly

bathwater, and will keep a little.

Some are Christian, but think it was mostly

baby, and will keep a lot.

One is Christian (supposedly) and asserts there

is no bathwater, it was all baby.

Depending on who you ask, each one is a

perfectly-legitimate position.

Heck! I got me an entirely new, hi-tech whirl-pool installation, with a 5 setting showerhead, Mr. Bubble dispenser, fridge w wine coolers, and even an internet connection, ... to let me know online when the water is hot and ready.

Ooops! I just got the IM from my whirl-pool. icon_smile.gif:)--> Catch ya all later.

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Prophet Emeritus of THE,

and Wandering CyberUU Hippie,

Garth P.

www.gapstudioweb.com

quote:
Baby was stillborn at best.

John, would Donnie Fugit have thought the baby was stillborn? Come on. Saying the baby was stillborn is basically the same as saying there was no baby. So you're saying TWI-1 wasn't on God's side, didn't have any true godliness, nothing or little of Christianity to share with folks?

I was under the impression you thought TWI-1 was a godly ministry at one time; not that the thing was totally worthless. Perhaps you've recently changed? or perhaps I got or opinion wrong?