GreaseSpot Cafe

Sociology Research

Lisa

I left TWI in '88 and am now working on my master's degree in Sociology. I am conducting research on ex-cult members transitioning from a cult back into society. I actually lived in Montana when I left TWI and I know only a few people who left in Colorado. I am doing face-to-face interviews with ex-cult members. The interview only lasts 1-2 hours depending on your story. I am willing to travel to meet with you, if you are interested. This is very important research to educate people about the devasting effects from having been in a cult and then transitioning back into society. I know the impact it has made on my life and would like to know other people's story. You can contact me at monr1724@blue.unco.edu. By the way, I live in Greeley and my name is Lisa Monroney.

I left TWI in '88 and am now working on my master's degree in Sociology. I am conducting research on ex-cult members transitioning from a cult back into society. I actually lived in Montana when I left TWI and I know only a few people who left in Colorado. I am doing face-to-face interviews with ex-cult members. The interview only lasts 1-2 hours depending on your story. I am willing to travel to meet with you, if you are interested. This is very important research to educate people about the devasting effects from having been in a cult and then transitioning back into society. I know the impact it has made on my life and would like to know other people's story. You can contact me at monr1724@blue.unco.edu. By the way, I live in Greeley and my name is Lisa Monroney.

Hi Lisa,

I noticed you posted your note here in a forum labeled "By State." By doing so, do you mean to solicit replies from people in a particular state? Your research sounds interesting. I hope you get to interview lots of folks.

Hi Lisa,

I noticed you posted your note here in a forum labeled "By State." By doing so, do you mean to solicit replies from people in a particular state? Your research sounds interesting. I hope you get to interview lots of folks.

Yes, I was hoping to get people from Colorado, since I am from here.

Lisa,

Welcome to GSC! Your work sounds great and in my opinion is very important. I don't live in Colorado, so I can't help with that, but there are tons of people on this site who might be fairly near you and available to interview. I suggest you post a notice under the general topic here called About The Way.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...