GreaseSpot Cafe

George W. Bush to Change Presidential Seal

Mark Sanguinetti

President Bush announced today that he is changing the seal of the President to a condom, because it more clearly reflects his political stance.

It makes sense. After all, a condom stands up to inflation. It halts production. It destroys the next generation. It protects a bunch of pricks. And finally, it gives one a sense of security when one is actually being screwed.

President Bush announced today that he is changing the seal of the President to a condom, because it more clearly reflects his political stance.

It makes sense. After all, a condom stands up to inflation. It halts production. It destroys the next generation. It protects a bunch of pricks. And finally, it gives one a sense of security when one is actually being screwed.

So you mean it isn't this?

Republicanseal.gif

Or is this what you're looking to do in a year:

bush_statue_baghdad.jpg

Just want to make sure I understand...

The problem and the disturbing part is that I sort of see a glimpse of a smile on the face of the donkey. And the worst part is that it may be a he and not a she.

Yes, I know most members of the republican party and some members of the Democratic party want us to stay in Iraq to guard our oil interests. But wouldn't it be cheaper if we saved the money we now spend to protect our oil companies over there and instead just bought the stuff on the open market? Either that or we could have Exxon, Mobil, Chevron and their cousins instead pay for our military and otherwise presence in the Middle East? Don't they make enough money for their own security? What do you think?

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

The problem and the truly disturbing part is that I sort of see a glimpse of a smile on the face of the donkey.

Yes, I know most members of the republican party and some members of the Democratic party want us to stay in Iraq to guard our oil interests. But wouldn't it be cheaper if we saved the money we now spend to protect our oil companies over there and instead just bought the stuff on the open market? Either that or we could have Exxon, Mobil, Chevron and their cousins instead pay for our military and otherwise presence in the Middle East? What do you think?

That is truly the funny part about all of the discussions with ANWR and so on...or "no oil for food" or any of the rest of it.

Petroleum is traded on a global market basis. It is strict capitalism. We think that we'd help ourselves out a whole bunch if we tapped ANWR or drilled off of California? Well, we wouldn't. All we would do would be to increase the supply proportionally and drive the price down for everybody...including China and India. Yeah, more of the oil we use would be domestic, but unless we could 100% isolate ourselves from the remainder of the world, it wouldn't matter. (And, in fact, even if we could, it wouldn't matter, as the amount demanded would go down for a steady state of supply. Thus prices would still drop)

The fact of the matter is that it really just doesn't matter.

The only thing that will is if we meet our existing energy requirements (both for fixed and mobile requirements) using a different source, or different sources, than we are now. And those sources must be all domestic. And those sources must not cost more per joule of energy (and, if they are to be adopted willingly, they must cost less per joule) than what we use at this time. Otherwise, it just ain't gonna happen.

And now that we are away from the political forum I can freely say that, that was an excellent, concise and to the point treatise Marko. And this is precisely how I view our problem as well.

The only thing that will is if we meet our existing energy requirements (both for fixed and mobile requirements) using a different source, or different sources, than we are now. And those sources must be all domestic.

And I don't mind a bit of oil thrown into the mix as well as long as it is oil from our shores and owned by our people.

And do you know Radar also? We are old friends from our college days. Cheers.

WELL .... increasing the global supply does make a little difference in price. ANWR would help some, offshore would help more. It would also take a little of the power away from the Saudis and those that control the flow.

Also it would increase US revenue and jobs and ease our trade deficit.

Other sources are good ... we have 300 years worth of coal and some oil and natural gas. And we need about 1000 new nuke plants.

Wind is down to 5 to 10 cents/kWh for good locations while photo voltaic cells are still up around 25 cents / kWh.

I thought this was the just plain silly forum? Marko contributed. Where is your contribution Rhino?

And they use a lot of coal in China. The problem is I have heard from a number of people that have been there and they all say the pollution there is horrible. In fact, in cities you can not even see at any real distance because of the poor air quality.

yeah .. I think some olympic guys ... maybe cycling ... had to quit their practice races or something, because of breathing problems ...

but China doesn't care about the environment or lead paint or other chemicals on toys they sell us. I just heard a bunch of those digital picture frames, that display a variety of photos, came preloaded from China with a computer virus.

Coal can be cleaned up, though I think they are wasting money with all this CO2 scrubbing.

Here is Algore scamming for his carbon credit company.

wallpapermrhaney1cx.jpg

That is better Rhino. Yea, Al's Stock Market for carbon credits is just plain silly.

However, thinking that the pollution from coal is so easy to clean up does not sound factual. Did you know that coal fires once they get started under the earth are very difficult to put out? I read briefly that China has a number of coal fires under the earth that they can't put out. And we have one in Pennsylvania. There is huge pollution from this. China is the world's largest user of coal and their air quality is terrible.