GreaseSpot Cafe

I was Family Corp 12

Afever

Wow, who knew there was a forum to try and find people from Rome City? Definitely an experience you had to go through to understand.

I was F12 and was in the 10th and 11th grade at good old East Noble High. I am sure I was a pretty goofy kid but people I would love to hear about are:

Barbara Newball

Maree Walker

John Anderson (I know he was an Army Ranger after High school)

Anthony Howe (we ran track together)

Ted Williams? (I think it was Williams, he was Wayne Clapp’s step son)

Kelly and Garrett Guisto (Spelling?)

Angela Gilmore

Evan and Angela Williams? (Brother and sister and can’t remember their last names)

Trey Snow

Julie?? Short cute girl

Lisa and Ian McDonald

How about some staff?

John Neisz

Jim Plunkett

Thanks.

Evan Williams would be right. I don't think he's involved anymore. I worked with his mom on staff until she moved to Toledo in 1999 or so.

I think the Angela you speak of was Angela Coleman. She had brothers named Tom and Sam. Last I knew, she was divorced with 3 or 4 kids and is a police officer in Austin, Texas.

Edited by Nottawayfer

Yes that is right. I ran track with Evan and Sam. Evan was a cool kid, real mellow and easy going. Sam made fun of me a lot "Not going to fall for the banana in the tail pipe" he would say in a white guy voice copying Eddie Murphy. Funny now. Angela is perfect as a cop. She was tall and really athletic. She was bad foot really, always nice though.

man.. evan was my basketball coach in children's camp in 85 or 86.. scott mosqueda taught me and anthony garcia to break dance to break thru and conquer for the peach gong show.. one of my sisters prolly knew you, Jennifer Jernigan.. Ted williams and the mosquedas lived here in austin for some time.. lost track of ted some years back.. angela gilmore last I heard which was several years ago was living in florida.. it's always a good thing to find happy memories in the tragedy..

Jenifer Jernigan, sounds real familiar but I can't place the face, glasses maybe. What Corps and what age. I found Ted Omalley on the Way Corp site. Yeah, it is nice to hear from people you knew, especially when you moved every couple of years and never really got to make too many close friends. Haul your kids off to a live in bible college and at least they will have the other kids in residence to become friends with. I wish I had the perspective when I was there to understand how much we all had in common. I guess kids will clique up even in unusual circumstances.

• 5 weeks later...

We were in F12.

I was in 5th and 6th grade at the time but you might know my brother. I remember hearing the "banana in the tail pipe" line a lot, lol.

I've heard random things about a number of the people you mentioned over the years but have no idea where they are now.

Sorry.

Moving so much has made it hard to keep in touch with people over the years. I don't even remember most of the names of the kids in my age group. I think S. Plunkett was one of the only people I kept in touch with into my young adulthood. Thanks to his wife ( :wave: ) I have found where they are at now and that he is doing well. I do wonder about a lot of those other kids and their families, though. It seems most of them don't stop in here. Perhaps many of them are in an offshoot, I don't know.

Nice to see a F12 kid here again.

-Matt

• 2 months later...

Did you ever hear from any of them. I'm particularly interested in Ted, John Anderson, The Mosqueda boys, Carla Salo. I used to hang out with these jokers at Corp Week and ROA many a moon ago. I was 12 - 14 and F7 in the early 80s.

• 8 years later...

I was in with my husband and 2 children in the FAMILY CORPS:12, and 13[Rome City, Indiana. Rob and Alexandra Burns[F13], and the Craig Waller family[F12]. Alexandria was in a wheelchair[had multiple sclerosis]. I remember her well because:I too, am in a wheelchair[since 2003], and have MS[my brother, Ray, in Niagara Falls, NY has it also. I NEED SOME RIGHTLY DIVIDED WORD!!! My husband and daughter are in the ministry with,"Christ For The Nations" in Texas. We live in Ephrata, Pennsylvania.