GreaseSpot Cafe

The New Corps~ sorta

bliss

My initial response Ham,was, ''you got to be kidding?"

Then, looking at the pics, I got scared thinking people actually sign up for this.

Guess where I found the site?

On the CFF site. :confused: ( I was just curious to see if they were doing anything weird. I guess so.)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new knoxville..... where men are men,and sheep are scared..
where the women are tough, oops! Apologies for plagurizing Garrison Keilor> The Squirrel told me to do it. :biglaugh::confused:

Mine was.. "sheesh, he's looking for volunteers to chop and stack his fire wood, fix the farm equipment, herd and slaughter his farm animals.. build the farm.. and at the end of the day, listen to old tapes of V1P1 teaching Thessalonians or something."

I emailed him. Really. I said the above quote except in nicer terms.

My take on it- he's not REALLY aware of the abuse in the system they're trying to resurrect.. or even of the potential for abuse. The over the hillers around him are above recrimination, "honorable" counsellors, one and all..

There is no qualified staff there that I can tell. I couldn't even guarantee that any of them know first aid.

I feel in my spirit that at least one "staffer" REALLY has more than a potential for abusing his authority in the situation.

Add to this, the claim UP FRONT is that an enrollee may be summarily dismissed by staff, and sent home at any time..

It's VERY troubling, to me.

So they'll make these kids run the gauntlet, work their rearsies off.. and at the end have a piece of paper they'll despise in thirty years.. that MAY open the doors to a "career" flipping burgers somewhere.. though it may very well be some kinda soy product..

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised...

Who are the people behind this?...Finnegan?...I didn't see any names listed or any credentials listed.

At least with twi, Wierwille paraded out his bogus doctors degree and at least tried to present the organization as legit...

Who are these clowns?...They ashamed to put their names and faces on their website?

Oh ye of little faith...

Don't you know these guys are imbued with power from on high and were told to do this by God his own self?

Even if they screw up, it's God that takes the heat and makes all well and blesses whosoever might take part in this program.

Anyway, I have PROOF!

Here are two UNRETOUCHED photographs of a young lady who participated in this program and, as you can see, the results can be plainly seen if you can open your spiritual eyes.

Note the bewildered and confused look she has as she enters the program filled with all manner of worry, doubt and fear.

before2.jpg

Now, see how she exudes confidence and strength after only six weeks in the program. Notice how blessed she is and how she's filled with boldness and power from on high.

After.jpg

Could anyone do any better, even with Chuck Norris as their personal trainer?

You know,I'd really like to see some of these folks out of their own comfort zones...

...working in an AIDS clinic in Africa

...working in a slum in Delhi or Bombay

...on food supply in Darfur

...building accommodation in some country recently hit by a hurricane, tsunami or earthquake

...hauling food and building supplies in Kashmir

...working as a volunteer in a drug or alcohol rehab program in any big inner city

...as a volunteer teacher aide in an inner city school

...as a hospital aide on Friday night

Some of these might be paid (minimally)

Most would be volunteer posts

Might do a jolly sight more good than prodding a fire pit on an Ohio farm

ron!..............rotflmao!!!!!..............hope that gal never shows up door-to-door witnessing at my house!!........my doors could'nt take it!!!!

ahhhh, yes, twinky!!!..........i'm sure as these wonderful "servants" "go forth in areas of concern, interest, and need", "leading tomorrow".............that the world will be a better place!!!!..........i think "food services" in darfur would be a great place to start!...............hard to miss the "revelation" on that, even for a wierwille!..............peace.

Anyway, I have PROOF!

Here are two UNRETOUCHED photographs of a young lady who participated in this program and, as you can see, the results can be plainly seen if you can open your spiritual eyes.

Note the bewildered and confused look she has as she enters the program filled with all manner of worry, doubt and fear.

Hey! I have those shoes! I hope that doesn't mean that I have to sign up....

Edited by doojable

Wow, Ron - there's another detail for the green card - look at the wonders wrought on that lady's hair! It was so odd and almost fake-looking in the first picture, but in the second, maybe it's all that great fresh air and honest labor, but I see a much more balanced head of hair on her too! :eusa_clap::biglaugh::rolleyes::confused:

Hey! I have those shoes! I hope that doesn't mean that I have to sign up....

You can WALK in them?

Hey, wait a minute, is that YOU, Dooj? I've never seen the both of you in the same room, so for all I know, Ron just took an old photo from his old twig days...

Hmmmm.... :confused::confused:

You know,I'd really like to see some of these folks out of their own comfort zones...

...working in an AIDS clinic in Africa

...working in a slum in Delhi or Bombay

...on food supply in Darfur

...building accommodation in some country recently hit by a hurricane, tsunami or earthquake

...hauling food and building supplies in Kashmir

...working as a volunteer in a drug or alcohol rehab program in any big inner city

...as a volunteer teacher aide in an inner city school

...as a hospital aide on Friday night

Some of these might be paid (minimally)

Most would be volunteer posts

Might do a jolly sight more good than prodding a fire pit on an Ohio farm

A most excellent point and one that I 100% agree with. OTOH, VPW, the original VPW used to say that first you get the spiritual in line and the physical follows.

####

And what's with that AOL email address??? You should have gotten a real email address with your website hosting. Damn, that's like wrinkles on the ducttape...

And what's with that AOL email address??? You should have gotten a real email address with your website hosting. Damn, that's like wrinkles on the ducttape...

but that would cost like $10 per month ... V2P2@WayCorps.org

they can discern spirits .. but that internet stuff is tricky ...

I do like the page that has the corps principles float in one at a time ... I'm thinking of signing up ... would anyone here like to sponsor me? I need money and a beer sponsor ... OK, I may need several beer sponsors ...

how old is that old rusty truck? It looks like it was misused and left to rust in its prime ... :biglaugh:

Now Ham that's just the sort of thing that was found in that wood in next-door's property adjacent to Founders Hall.

(Gosh, what a time that was, clearing that out, when TWI bought it!)

VPW2 would be too young to remember, though.

Nice BBQ pit. I'm going. It won't be so bad. I'll have to work on a farm for 4 hours and then read the bible for 4 more hours. Then eat a delicious meal for an hour and pretend to be interested in my cult members. Then get to know a special friend and have sex with him/or her in a tiny bunk.

It would sound great if it didn't sound so much like prison.

Nice BBQ pit. I'm going. It won't be so bad. I'll have to work on a farm for 4 hours and then read the bible for 4 more hours. Then eat a delicious meal for an hour and pretend to be interested in my cult members. Then get to know a special friend and have sex with him/or her in a tiny bunk.

It would sound great if it didn't sound so much like prison.

This actually provoked a good rant out of me on myspace.

Now Ham that's just the sort of thing that was found in that wood in next-door's property adjacent to Founders Hall.

(Gosh, what a time that was, clearing that out, when TWI bought it!)

VPW2 would be too young to remember, though.

This is a rather famous bus. The Smithsonian actually wanted to induct it..

:biglaugh:

Boy, wouldn't that be a great thing :eusa_clap:

I wonder, though, how much of our training fell into the fraternity cliche of hazing: I had to go through 'a,b, and c' so I'm going to make sure I put my pledges through 'x,y, and z' as payback. And it just gets worse with each cycle... Each new cycle of twit-leadership felt like they had to prove how spiritual they were by making it even tougher on the next group?

That rusty old truck doesn't have anything on this beastie:

oldbus.JPG

Could it be?The merry pranksters bus from The Electric acid koolaid test?

I read the book say back in1974 Thought it was pretty cool.

Maybe thats why I painted my pinto that many colors before I went wow(One of the twiggies painted it a chocloate brown said the car was too wild,Hey he painted it for free) :offtopic:

Yep, that's the one! Hey, at least they had fun in their old rusty bus.. err, most of them... umm, the ones that didn't end up in a county mental ward somewhere or something.. well, who's to say they didn't have fun too..

The bus is called "Further"

They had acid tests lsd anyone could partake

Vics idea the manifestations how excited we got! Hey lets hear from God!

The merry pranksters wild crazy people spread the word about drugs

Vics idea wows spread the word his vord

Initially The pranksters went to the worlds fair

vics idea the wierwille farm,So okay it was after woodstock.

Believe it or not this ties into the New corpse as it is supposed to be

fun different

I hope the Smithesonian does get that bus it is part of our culture.

Wonder if they would take a wow name tag?

huh?

is this some kind of a joke??

a sixth grader can put up a better website than this!

write a paragraph on what your site is about, list 5 goals on a separate page, and throw up some random pics...

this can't possibly be a serious endeavor...

it looks foolish and sounds foolish...