GreaseSpot Cafe

What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?

What The Hay

OK, since we're on the topic of saddest songs and movies - what would be the scariest movie you've ever seen? I still recall seeing "The Exorcist" when I was in my early 20's. Back then that was just about the scariest movie ever I thought. At the time I was scared I would end up getting possessed like Regan did in the movie, and end up with those hideous devil scars all over me. The thought of puking up green pea soup didn't thrill me much either.

But What really bothered me the most was the Roman catholic priests inability to deal with the situation in the movie. It portrayed the ineffectiveness and the spiritual powerlessness of the church against demonic powers, and I think that is what really scared me the most - no spiritual power against evil. The movie showed that the power of evil was very real, but the power of good was downplayed - almost nonexistant.

Then TWI came along offering PFAL and "Dealing with (and then defeating) the Adversary." Maybe that's why we bought into TWI - for power over evil? Maybe that's a thread topic in itself?

oh geeze

When I was in college, my boyfriend took me to see "Texas Chainsaw Massacre." About 20 minutes into it maybe, I told him I wanted to leave. He wouldn't, so I sat in the lobby for the entire movie.

It was horrible. I was so mad at said boyfriend for not taking me home, I broke up with him. Best thing I coulda done. icon_redface.gif:o-->

When I was a kid, it was House on Haunted Hill or Haunted House on the Hill..something like that. I think Vincent Price was in it.

Then Last House on the left sent me crying to the ladies room when the one girl got murdered in the woods (horrible).

I didn't see the movie the Exorcist but read the book and it scared me for the next ten years...LOL

I don't recall a movie called the sixth sense?

Exorcist is granddaddy of horror movies.

Re-Animator (the uncut) version is wild, and a good story.Don't rent it at Hollywood or Blockbuster they cut out the best 15 seconds of the movie.

Henry: Portrait of a serial killer, is extremely disturbing. Now this is weird, you can rent this at Bluckbuster uncut cause it's considered to be a "masterpiece." Really weird.

Witchboard (With Tawny Kittean) has some genuine chills.

babyrott60percent.gif

...It's hard to be humble when you own a Rottweiler...

Believe it or not - "The Shining" scared the poop outta me. Couldn't sleep after I saw it.

When I was a kid "House on Haunted Hill" was terrifying... that vat of acid at the end .... ewwwww...

But - and don't laugh -

When I was in elemetary school - my friend Betsy and I watched "Carnival of Souls" on TV. It scared us to death! I know it's supposed to be one of those "Ed Wood" type movies - so bad it's funny - but it freaked us out. I couldn't get it out of my head for a long time.

Oh - and let's not forget the ORIGINAL "Night of the Living Dead"! What a nightmare maker THAT one was.

Rottie Girl - "The Sixth Sense" was a recent flick with Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osmont... he saw dead people.

Hope R. color>size>face>

"Try to see it my way, only time will tell if I am right or I am wrong" - Lennon/McCartney size>

Very funny Steve! icon_wink.gif;)-->

Hope, thanks! I remember that one. Ironically I saw it when I was in Colorado for a CES thing (when I was dewayferizing my mind) I opted to skip that nights teachings to stay in my room and watch movies! How could I forget the name of that one?

I also remember "Carnival of Souls" watching it with my two older brothers as a kid. Weird movie, I'd like to see it again.

As a kid I remember seeing with my brothers "Bucket of Blood" Yick. That's a strange one. This artist kills women and coats them in plaster. Then at the end he has this great art show and they all start springing blood all over.

Mr.Sardonicus (sp?) scared me as a kid too, though I barely remember the movie.

There was another H.P. Lovecraft tale that was made into a movie, "From Beyond." Not as good as ReAnimator but still had some freaky stuff in it.

OH! I liked "Return of the Living Dead" with the punk rockers! That was a good movie! And a decent soundtrack.

babyrott60percent.gif

The shining. Back in the 60's I saw a movie called the haunting of hill house with Julie Harris, but in recent times it's the shining hands down.

I've seen the reanimator, eww, and all three texas chainsaw movies, #2 was as much a comedy as horror. Dennis Hopper, too cool.

Saw a 60's movie called the wizard of gore. Know of a case where this guy took his girl to see it and she wasn't his girl afterward.

Those mark of the devil movies are pretty intense.

pfal ac Santa Cruz, California went to see the Exorcist (courtesy of the Winegarners I think) -- anyway fear had no root because of the great bunch people there praying for each other (Del Duncan was there icon_smile.gif:)--> with so many great friends icon_smile.gif:)-->)

I was scared by The wizard of Oz (the witch on her broom) and had nitemares for years over that!

Elvis and Gidget movies became my viewing choice after that.

Kit Sobericon_smile.gif:)-->-- God

My list of scariest movies:

1) Night of the Living Dead (that slow chill that

wouldn't go away

2) The Birds - saw that as a 12 year old, I think. Couldn't sleep for weeks! Kept wondering what would we do living in an apartment building with them crashing through the window. Where would I hide? The only place in the apartment without access to windows: the hall closet (the others had poles for curtains to cover the closet areas.

3) The Exorcist...made me wear a cross for years. Scared me for years!

4) Aliens (my all time favorite of the lot of Alien movies.)

5) Silence of the Lambs - So gritty and real...made the horror more so that people like that actually live and prey on humans. The kind of thing you can't turn off in your head because it's NOT a story that goes away.

6) Copycat...for the same reason.

My list of scariest movies:

1) Night of the Living Dead (that slow chill that

wouldn't go away

2) The Birds - saw that as a 12 year old, I think. Couldn't sleep for weeks! Kept wondering what would we do living in an apartment building with them crashing through the window. Where would I hide? The only place in the apartment without access to windows: the hall closet (the others had poles for curtains to cover the closet areas.

3) The

Checking in from my vacation...

Rottigirl: How could you not remember the Sixth Sense?

"I See Dead People," Haley Joel Osmet, Bruce Willis, of course you remember it.

That movie scared the bejesus out of me. Really. I can't find my bejesus anymore.

Halloween, for whatever reason, hasn't been listed. Yikes and a half.

Rafael: I really identify that title "The sixth sense" with this t.v. series I used to watch as a kid. You know,the one that took over night gallery, about that guy who had ESP and would solve murders.

Wayward. I swear, every year or so I bring up Witchboard and I doubt anyone ever goes to rent it. It sounds like some dumb B movie. But It takes a lot to really creep me in the cinima (I've seen horror movies since I was like 3 years old) and that one really had some genuine chills in it.

babyrott60percent.gif