Yeah right!

a hug if i really like them

sometimes an air hug

sometimes a smile

sometimes a squint

i don't french kiss them like howard or other board of trustees

i don't feel them up like uncle harry did

i don't smack them on the posterior like veepee did

i don't tell them they should have sex with me because i'm their "mother in the word" like some guy i witnessed to said to me

he was a virgin and thought i was the likely candidate to introduce him to the well you know

i'm gagging just thinking about it

ps. most time i say "hi, how are you"

I find that an old fashioned handshake and a smile seem to work just fine for most occasions.

If it is a lady I am greeting, I wait for her to extend her hand for the handshake.

If she doesn't, then a smile and eye contact, along with a greeting, always seem appropriate.

But, of course, that's just my opinion.

Now that I am out of the way,,,

If I would greet someone at church with a holy kiss as in the past, they would think it was inappropriate.

If I greet a new person, I would offer my hand to shake. If an old friend, perhaps a hug.

There are two artists in town, one male and one female, I would feel comfortable greeting with a kiss.

I guess I miss the physical touch from the believers.

Now that I am out of the way,,,

If I would greet someone at church with a holy kiss as in the past, they would think it was inappropriate.

If I greet a new person, I would offer my hand to shake. If an old friend, perhaps a hug.

I guess I miss the physical touch from the believers.

Me too. At church nobody kisses anybody except people who seem to have known each other a long time.

In some cultures people do greet with a kiss - others don't. I see this as an instruction to greet in a civil and culturally appropriate manner. Not an instruction that you MUST kiss believers in greeting. In some cultures that would in fact be highly offensive (Saudi Arabia? Pakistan?).

But it is nice, and welcoming ...

I was watching beach soccer the other day and after each goal several of these guys on the Italian team were a step away from making out with each other.

A cultural thing, I guess.

I usually shake hands or hug for a friend or family.

Perhaps our inhibition in this category is based on our knowledge of oral disease transmission. I know that is a consideration for me.