GreaseSpot Cafe

Bruce Springsteen

Dot Matrix

But "The Rising" didn't win album of the year. Needless to say I was disappointed. Norah Jones is marvelous, but, IMHO "The Rising" was this year's best album. I think it surprised everyone in Madison Square Garden.

If you closed your eyes when you listend to Paul & Art - you'd never know they were approaching 60. They sound the same. James Taylor with Yo Yo Ma made me cry.

I need to get TiVo - I accidentally put my VCR on SP instead of EP and only got the first 2 hours of the show on tape. It ended right at the end of Springsteen's performance of "The Rising". Did anyone video tape the show that would be willing to send me a copy?

Did they do a tribute to George Harrison? I caught the last half hour and saw the tribute to all the people who died last year, but Harrison wasn't mentioned.

All in all - the two hours I saw were one of the best Grammy shows I'd seen in a long time. Not as much time devoted to ©rap as they have in the past. I'm sorry I missed that third hour.

Hope R. color>size>face>

P.S. Dot - we went to see Bruce and the band a few months back. They were incredible. I'd go again in a heartbeat. He's still got it - so does Steve Van Zandt and Clarance and Patti and Max. It's like going to watch old friends.

"Try to see it my way, only time will tell if I am right or I am wrong" - Lennon/McCartney size>

Could be, Ginger - he died at the end of 2001. I didn't watch the Grammys last year - but they probably did something then.

I noticed the extras during Avril Lavigne's performance too and thought about all those big-wig movie stars and nominees who were sitting in the first few rows looking at a bunch of teenage backsides instead of what was on the stage. It really was unnecessary - and silly.

Hope R. color>size>face>

"Try to see it my way, only time will tell if I am right or I am wrong" - Lennon/McCartney size>

It may have been me but some of the singers seemed out of tune to me. Like that young guitarist (that won) who played right before James Taylor. what was his name?

Insync did a great job, but it did choke me up about the Bee Gee's.

Simon and Garfunkle did take me back...IMO, Simon never sounded as good alone.

Sprinsteen was great!!! Bruce is still the man.

The Boss! He has to be a bout 53.

Who was the black chick in Dead Prez's?

She was a presenter and messed it up! She even read outloud "applause." What an idiot!

Dot Matrix

[This message was edited by Dot Matrix on February 24, 2003 at 15:09.]