GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Birthday, GeorgeStGeorge!

PurpleDays

Happy Happy birthday George ...

I've just recently been in touch with Sohmur (janie) ... and Vonda ... seems like old times :)

we need a chambana reunion ... well, fun to think about ... those were the days my friend ...

but Happy birthday anyway

Thanks to all of you! It's been a good day, and made better by the well-wishes of my friends!

Chatty: cool cake! The groom's cake at my wedding was almost the same, except that the icing was green all around the symbol.

T-Bone: a scientist shronk his family to sub-atomic size and somehow wound up in the ring. GL had to shrink down and get into his own ring to get them out. Back in those days, comic stories rarely filled a whole book (as opposed to today,where a story line may carry through MANY issues). The second story in GL #10 was the origin of GL's oath: "In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power -- GREEN LANTERN'S LIGHT!

bfh: I thought the reason the Beatles wrote their own birthday song was because the traditional one was copyrighted. Maybe this clip pre-dated their own version?

Rhino: I'm in touch with Vonda a lot (and occasionally Donna (nee) 0rcutt); but I haven't seen the $ohmers in about 20 years. Ann Le+@rte's sister Phili$ is an occasional contact. Our overlap in Champaign was only one summer, so most of the folks I remember you haven't met! Oh, and a picture on you "100th birthday" thread reminded me of my 50th. It was hard to convince the Countess to have it at Hooters, until 1) the kids said they were all going and 2) she realized she wouldn't have to cook or clean anything!

George

post-33-1206066299_thumb.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GEORGIE!!!!!...................sorry i missed the actual holy-day itself, but i was dining with a couple of fellow greasespotters in the big apple, and arrived home after your origin day had passed!..............glad you had a good one, and i wish you many more in health and joy!................shine on, bro!