pawtucket

Amazon Use  

51 members have voted

1. 1. I use Amazon regularly

• Absolutely and would support this
    • Absolutely Not
    • Not sure
    • I don't use Amazon regularly

I am thinking about introducing a different means of curtailing the costs of this site. (The site will always be free, rest assured) Amazon has a program that would pay GS a fee for every transaction on Amazon at no additional cost to the buyer. I wanted to conduct a poll to see how viable that is.

I don't buy much through Amazon but my wife and son do.

(Lots of books)

They both have their own computers ,so how do I do this to insure proper credit is given?

If it involves using my computer to do so, let me know and that's what we'll do.

Hi Paw,

I'd be happy to use amozon if it helped you and this site. I don't have the means to do so right now, but I will, if and when I can.

Here is an example just type in some item you are looking for and that session they will give GS a percentage

<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=greascafe-20&o=1&p=27&l=qs1&f=ifr" width="180" height="150" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Is this set up to work yet?

Let me know when it is - I'm in the market for some things for the house, as we're still recovering from the tornado last fall...

I replied to your poll with "not sure", however I did a Google looking for something later and discovered Amazon was the only place, anywhere, that it was available. The Google was a search to see if such a thing I was looking for even existed...and there it was on Amazon.

Armed with the knowledge that Amazon sells stuff besides books, I checked on a few other items I buy regularly via internet/mail order and discovered I can get lot's of things I order regularly...and the prices are very much in line, if not better.

So change my vote.

Ron - Amazon also has a lot of great promotions and there's sellers who sell second hand items - it's not just new. (I shop second hand for the kids' clothes because they usually out grow the clothes before they wear them out.) There's lots of free shipping - and when you consider the price of gas these days and the time it take to go to the store, etc. - it's well worth it. I do almost all my holiday shopping via internet - between Amazon, LL Bean, and eBay - what else is there???

Chas,

The percentage varies. If you download music or movies, it is about 10% But overall, it is about 4%.

When you search for something that entire "session" is eligible. So if you search for a Rory Gallagher CD and put that in your shopping cart and then continue all the other items are eligible. If you close the window prior to buying and then go back on your own, I think only the original CD gives GS credit. (by the way, the Rory Gallagher CD to get is Deuce!!!)

Do it. Anything within reason to take the financial burden off you. BTW, I think it would be perfectly acceptable for you to remind the crowd of your expenses and let it be known that you can accept paypal contributions to offset the costs.

I drop $200-$300 per year at Amazon and I'd be *delighted* to give you the key click for the sales.

I understand you! And I want to know too. Is there going to be a Amazon search prominently displayed on the front of the GS forum page, cause it doesn't make sense just to have it only in this thread. And I am registered with Amazon too, they have my credit card info and everything, so I'm assuming I would go to Amazon through this website, or enter some code or something that would give them the info that a percentage of my purchses would benefit GS. Am I making sense?