GreaseSpot Cafe

8 Years

pawtucket

Paw,

A big whopping thanks to you, moderators, techies and everyone else who keep Grease Spot running!!! I will forever be in debt to you, Paw – for your labor of love…There's great value in another viewpoint – because it provides a little bit bigger glimpse of things. And here we've got a convergence of multiple viewpoints! In Ghostbusters they weren't supposed to cross the beams – but here the union of viewpoints is a good thing – the bigger picture – a window to the real story....So, cheers to you my friend :beer: – for providing a window I can peek through and now understand 12 crazy years of a life dominated by TWI…A life dominated by TWI ain't no life at all!......Freedom is great! :dance:

Aw, Paw, you're just fishing for compliments. Well, hey, why not, this site is a good thing that has helped many. Me, I thought it needed shooting down as being a wicked and offensive place when I first happened across it. Fancy saying such things about that great ministry! And its dynamic leader, LCM! But as you know - I stuck around. And finally got healed. Not so much scales falling from my eyes as completely new eyes.

This site still reaches out to new visitors to the Cafe and to lurkers. So build the extension and employ a few more busboys. Long may the Cafe continue to thrive. And its visitors thrive with it.

Drinks all round, folks.

For what this site has meant to me, for the joy it has brought to my life, for the friends I have found, for the prayers and support that I have received I thank you Paw.

And I thank you for shouldering this burden for another year.

It is time for all for us to look in our own hearts and start figuring out haw to help Paw with this burden so that if the day comes that he ever has to decide he can't keep on at the current pace, there will be a plan to make things work out for the best for all off us.

As for calling me by my screen name....... My guess is that most of us chose names that reflect our innermost heart and that being called by that name brings feelings of happiness to us

So don't sweat it

and finally

For he's a jolly good fellow,

for he's a jolly good fellow,

for he's a jolly good fellow

which nobody can deny.

nobody can deny.

nobody can deny.

FOr he's a jolly good fellow,

which nobody can deny..

HEP HEP HOORAY

HEP HEP HOORAY

HEP HEP HOORAY

PAW!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

:love3: :love3: :love3:

:wub: :wub:

:love3:

Paw, there are no words that can adequately explain how valuable the cafe has been to my leaving and recovery from TWI. It is impossible to put a dollar figure on the priceless friendships I've made here in your booths and at the counter. You've done a good thing here and I hope the cafe will be around for many, many years to come.

Congratulations on 8 years Paw

I'm thinking for the 10 year anniversary you should take the GreaseSpot Cafe out of the electronic world into the physical for a big party. In December I did an exhibit for a gallery the theme was Coca-Cola Christmas but I just couldn't pass up the chance to showcase the diner. So I did "Christmas at the Diner" for part of my contribution. I had limited space to work with so a lot of items like booths would not work there. but it turned out to be a large draw for the gallery. How rewarding it was to talk with people about their memories of diner days. Here are some pictures of my vision of what the cafe might look like in real time.

P.S. Note to Belle Notice no gum under table..........

post-1237-1209240699_thumb.jpg

post-1237-1209240758_thumb.jpg

post-1237-1209240899_thumb.jpg

post-1237-1209240969_thumb.jpg

post-1237-1209241014_thumb.jpg

post-1237-1209241637_thumb.jpg

Edited by WhiteDove

hahaha

That was funny, New Knoxville

Our own ROA thingy...

Paw

Your comfortable inviting place has given me anwers and stopped the spinning questions from controlling my mind. I am so thankful for your efforts and labor of love... I hope you will always keep the doors open.

With love,

Dot

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="
name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Glad to see you have found peace Roy,

God Bless You in the name of Christ Jesus.

Thanks Paw for all that you do and everything you give.

You are loved by many and maybe hated by a few because you've helped expose them.

There is a day coming when every single one will have to give an account of ourselves and I would rather be standing next to you then near them when recompense or rewards are decided.

My all your efforts be multiplied back to you!

krys

Add some of my gum under one of those tables and you'd have something really authentic, there. :biglaugh: [/color]

Authentic? That pie case is older than you dear. :biglaugh: You would need to have peeled off some ABC gum from under the table chewed it and replaced it to be original at your age. But if there ever is a diner I'm keeping my eye on you just the same. :nono5: