GreaseSpot Cafe

Cutting Through the Fog

pawtucket

Paw and Ralph,

Thank you for the sharing that clarified some things for me. I was in-residence in the Corps during the time period of which you spoke. I still had some unanswered questions which you answered. I am thankful for the stand that you took and what a difference it made in many people's lives.

Thank you so very much,

It is so wonderful to hear an insiders view on what was going on. I was so confused at that time because of all the misinformation. With the help of GSCafe I had already gathered lots of information and had already concluded what RD stated. I did not know how wide spread the adultery was. I am also glad to hear that not all were involved or even aware of it. RD helped me to additional information and put some things together. I hope he will provide more interviews and other high level people as well. This is very healing.

On a side note: TWI was destined to fail from its conception. It was built around one man…VPW. When VPW faded away, so did TWI. No one could have replaced VPW not even VPW because VPW, the man of God that he lead us to believe he was, never existed.

How could VPW have confronted those guys when he created them in his own image. He would have had to confront him self and that would have never happened. All VPW could do is criticize what he had created not the root of the cause…the creator, himself.

Thank you RD and Paw.

I knew Ralph when he was working with college Wows in NC during fall of '75 along with M1%^*y M@@Fn*y(from Fletcher/Arden,NC). I liked Ralph for his wackiness but sometimes serious side. BTW, I did not know he had been national trunk leader. He had been invited by Ted F*rr*ll to join Joyful Noise, but never found out why he turned down that offer. Sorry he and L are divorced. Did they ever have any kids?

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

Dear but now I see, (REGARDING POSTS # 82, 83, & 84)

I reread my last post and I think it was badly written and unclear. This is why you misunderstand my intentions. I hope that is why I sounded a little condescending to you also.

I do not advocate any kind of censorship as you say, for those who've read my posts I hope that it's clear that I think a full and complete airing of these things is long overdue. I have consistently applauded those who have told their story here at this site and have resisted those who seemed to want to quiet them also.

I think that the folks who seemed to require "revelation from God himself" before anyone would be allowed to deal with these issues only manages to ignore all the plainly written and simply put revelation that has already been written. And whether intentionally or not, they are only assisting the scumbags who have fought so hard to keep these things quiet for the last twenty or so years.

If I refer to my beliefs concerning the events surrounding Jesus Christ's return my only intention is to say that even if we cannot manage to get the whole story straight, he will in his day.

Over the course of the last few days I've grown more and more thankful for this sharing.

Dear EXCATHEDRA,

I'm hoping that this sharing is a blessing to you more than anyone else here. I hope that it's settling well.

(EDITED FOR CLARITY)(spelling too)

Edited by JeffSjo

Ditto to this by MountaintopCO:

"How could VPW have confronted those guys when he created them in his own image. He would have had to confront him self and that would have never happened. All VPW could do is criticize what he had created not the root of the cause…the creator, himself."

peace,

penworks

Thanks JeffSjo,

I'm sorry I reacted to something you didn't mean either, no hard feelings, I agree with you, all will come out in the end, it helps to know as much as possible now though. 

I feel with this knowledge people can get healed and delivered from some of the burdens they bear as a result of twi's heavy handedness, at least those who are still living, light dispells darkness.

Peace, bro.

Dear but now I see,

Peace right back at you. I'm looking for folks to get healed and delivered too.

Dear MountaintopCO and penworks,

I believe that it would have been possible for Dr. Wierwille; or anyone for that matter; to have a change of heart once the problem is made clear to them. I believe that God probably gave him many more than one opportunity to change. It looks like their was never any meaningful change however and I think most all of us ended up the worse off for it.

Dear Estimated Prophet,

Good points IMO.

Dear Excathedra,

I think that you've deserved better for a long time now and I hope that He brings better things to you more and more.

You're mighty welcome penworks! Exillary, I suspect that the most genuine side of my earliness is my age. Early in means old out. :) Seniority does have it's benefits though. I remember less and less of what I really used to be like, and more and more of what I think I used to be like.

We just picked up one of our cars today from a local shop, getting the air conditioning recharged. That's a serious environmental proposition today, requiring specialized equipment, certification, disposal methods. The service manager at this place was about my age and we got to talking and I told him how I remembered the time when I could go buy a little recharge kit and a couple cans of Freon and recharge the car's system myself, hopefully not blowing myself up in the process. We laughed, we cried, we remembered. Those days are gone - way gone, and we both know they won't be coming back this way again, ever.

That's the way the past works, y'know? Once spent, it's like a good meal - remembered but tomorrow - you're gonna need another one, good or bad, you gotta eat. What you see is what you get, y'know? :wink2: Fog, be gone!

Edited by socks

Thank you Ralph and Pawtucket. I am speechless right now as to what I've learned what was going on.

On a personal level Ralph, thank you for everything you've done for my life and others at that difficult time. I never knew the extent of what you were dealing with yet you continued to take care of the people around you.

God bless.

I remember when it was said of Ralph, "He has more love for the Word of God in his little pinky than most of you have in your whole bodies," to the best of my recolection.

I have been profoundly moved by this sharing. The biggest thing that I seem to lack right now is the time to listen to it all again.

Thanks for sharing Ralph,Up here in Michigan we did not have a clue.

When you resigned ,They (twi) did thier evil spin,Not worth repeating,I am sure you heard it.

Glad to "hear" you are allright.Even though it is old news it needs to be said.

Thanks Ralph, you have always been and continue to be my hero.

One question????

What the F is an estimated prophet?

Actually its a Grateful Dead song.....

PS My impression of a Grateful Dead concert was that it was like the "Rock of Ages"........ only no Bibles and lotsa weird music and drugs

2. A practical error which became a doctrinal error is this one:

'Obeying leadership is just like obeying God.'

Not Always.

NOT EVER!

we ought to obey God and NOT man!

true shepherds always point the flock toward Jesus...

they do NOT give out orders to obey... EVER!

Edited by jen-o

...If "Estimated Prophet" inspired you to go WOW...did "Ship of Fools" inspire you to leave twi?

:spy:

As a matter of fact, Groucho, It Did !!

( how did you know? )

" Don't lend a hand to wave no flag

atop no Ship of Fools "

Then I bounced right into

"Going Down the Road and Feeling Bad,

Don't wanna be treated this-a-Way"

And don't you know the words sank in real deep

I like to think my Captain of Salvation was singing it along with me !!

maybe not ...but

It sure would make a good soundtrack for the

Cutting Through the Fog movie

And who do you suppose would be the first mate that rocked the boat?

Peter Wade maybe ...?

and Jen-O

I stand corrected.

I think you just hit The Mark !

Thank You

Keep Trucking

Edited by Estimated Prophet