GreaseSpot Cafe

...and how about the saddest movie you've ever seen?

Hope R.

And the winner of the two tissue box, sob-out-loud in the theater award goes to:

"Beaches" - did you ever know that you were my hero? I can't even think about the end without starting to cry.

"Terms of Endearment" is a close 2nd - I start crying when the doctor helps Debra Winger off the table in his office and says "what's that lump under your arm?"

"Steel Magnolias" wins 3rd place... Julia Roberts dying in front of her kid... it manipulated me to tears.

I thought about having a "chick flick" night with my girlfriends. I'd give each one of them a box of tissues and play those 3 in reverse order.

Can you think of more?

Hope R. color>size>face>

I get by with a little help from my friends... size>

Bambi. The book was even WORSE. A lot of that stuff in the book went over my head as a kid. They didn't show it in the movie though.

Oh and Turner and Hooch when Hooch died at the end made me cry.

And Cat People with Natassia Kinski where she's a cat in a cage at the end and her lover comes and scratches her and looks so helplessly at her and she's gazing back with that hypnotic gaze. Boo hoo!

babyrott60percent.gif

...It's hard to be humble when you own a Rottweiler...

Wow. That's a tough one, I usually don't go for tearjerkers.

I guess it would have to be "Glory" with Matthew Broderick, Denzel Washington, and Morgan Freeman. When the 54th fights doggedly right up to the doors of Fort Wagner only to have the doors swing open and the cannons cut them all to pieces.

Second was probably "Gettysburg", after Pickett's Charge has completely failed and his troops have been decimated, Robert E. Lee (Martin Sheen) rides up to him and says "General Pickett? You must tend to your brigade, sir." Pickett looks at him, the once-cocky general utterly broken and says "General Lee...I have no brigade..." Heartbreaker.

Polyester.

It was SO bad. Bad plot, horrible acting, bad actors. Plus it was a "scratch 'n sniff" movie - they handed out scratch 'n sniff cards when you went in. The cards had numbers on them, and every so often a number would flash on the screen, you'd scratch that number, and smell the movie. They had onions, roses, and yes, farts.

It was so bad it brought tears to my eyes, and for the first time ever, I got up and left before it was over. Smatter of fact, I don't think I've done that since.

I LOVED Charlottes Web!(and the book) Oh that was sad!

I forgot to add Born Free and that movie with Sigourney Weaver and the gorillas. OMG when her gorilla friend got beheaded I almost puked. Especially since it's based on a true story and it really happened.

babyrott60percent.gif

...It's hard to be humble when you own a Rottweiler...

NLL - oh gosh - forgot about that one. That has moved to #2 on my sad list, #1 on my tragic list.

I could cry just thinking about that one, too.

Hope R. color>size>face>

"Try to see it my way, only time will tell if I am right or I am wrong" - Lennon/McCartney size>