GreaseSpot Cafe

...and how about the saddest movie you've ever seen?

Hope R.

Rottie

Born Free

I forgot, I cried on that thing and Bambi -- that should not be for children!

Field of Dreams? The most sad? I cried for joy!

October Sky? Was that the one where the kid wanted to go up into space and his teacher endouraged him, then died? Yes that was very sad! And a true story.

Cuckcoo, yes the ending messed me up for days.

Dot Matrix

Bambi and Lion King made my oldest daughter cry like a well, little girl. Brought tears to my eyes also.

Shindler's List. My husband had to leave the room. I kept watching looking for the little girl in the red coat as I was warned by a friend that she would 'show' again. Definitely a heavy and sad movie.

"Beavis and Butthead Do America", one of, anyway.

The scene where they meet this old, drunk, destitute couple out in the desert and it turns out to be their long, lost parents. It's sad. icon_frown.gif:(-->

(In the whole B & B series it's never said where their parents are. Although there are hilarious moments, I think, you keep coming back to where's the parents for these two kids? The movie puts that piece in place).

Both funny and tragic. Classic film making. I know, I'm a softie.

-----------------------------

quack

The Earthling

Great flick with Ricky Schroeder and William Holden. Here is a synopsis that I found online:

"While vacationing in the Australian Outback with his parents, American youngster Shawn Daley sees his Mom and Dad killed in a car crash and finds himself orphaned. Shawn eludes a variety of insect and reptilian life before he meets Patrick Foley, a grumpy adventurer who lives deep in the woods. Foley grudgingly takes the boy in and teaches him how to live off the land. Then Shawn learns that Foley has a fatal disease and has returned to his farm to die in peace. When Foley's condition worsens, Shawn discovers he has to leave Foley behind and start his journey back to civilization. Only now Shawn has the tools, courtesy of Foley, to survive the trip."

Oh yeah, and how could I forget Ghost with Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze!

Sasquatch

Always with Holly Hunter and Richard Dreyfuss and if you like them try to catch the movie Once Around. They were both in that movie also.

Does anyone remember the name of the movie where a woman receives a donor heart and meets the widowed husband and they fall in love?? Oh my gosh that one is a real tear jerker.

Rafael,

Have you forgotten the ending to Requiem for a Heavyweight? With Anthony Quinn playing Mountain Rivera?? Gawd!!! That was one of the most heartbreaking movies I've ever seen. Even sadder than sad doggie movies (Old Yeller, Homeward Bound etc... that really makes me boo-hoo) and what have you.

sudo