GreaseSpot Cafe

Ask the Question - Yes, No, Yes, No

Kevlar2000

Here's another oddity in Baltimore's list of accomplishments:

Baltimore - the Home of the Ouija Board

"(The researcher, Bob Murch is) urging the city to designate as a historic landmark the former Ouija Board factory on Harford Road - the one from whose roof William Fuld (one of the co-creators - K2K) fell to his death."

Guess his hedgehog of protection had taken the day off. Or the board had said "YES" when he asked if it was safe to work on the roof that day. :rolleyes:

This ranks right up there with being the place where Edgar Allen Poe died. I guess it's nice to be known for something.

Here's another oddity in Baltimore's list of accomplishments:

Baltimore - the Home of the Ouija Board

"(The researcher, Bob Murch is) urging the city to designate as a historic landmark the former Ouija Board factory on Harford Road - the one from whose roof William Fuld (one of the co-creators - K2K) fell to his death."

I wouldn't exactly call that an accomplishment, but rather something to be repented of and hidden away, hoping God forgot to see it. No wonder he committed suicide! Or maybe God did see it???

I have read that one of the founders of AA, Bill Wilson, supposedly got his entire "12 Step Program" through the guidance of the Ouija Board. I don't know if that's true or not, but can you imagine? That would certainly put a damper on the whole program! BTW, those boards are nothing to screw with. My dearly departed dad taught me the alphabet on the damn thing, of all things to use! But he liked playing around with it too.

One day, him and my Mom were fooling around with it, (I was but a child) and he asked the thing some stupid question, and the answer came back, FU. I'm NOT kidding. I was too young to understand what was going on at the time. All I remember is that he looked sharply at my Mom and said "did you do that?" My Mom shaking her head saying NO! My Mom filled me in many years later on what that was about. She said the thing swung like it had a mind of it's own, too. :o

As time went by it was hidden away in the attic, but for whatever reason my dad did NOT want that thing to be thrown away. I snuck up there one day (when I was a teen) and threw it out. He never found out.

I have looked up on the Internet, Ouija Board horror stories, or stuff like that, and there are some HAIR raising tales. I don't doubt many of them either. I would NOT fool with those things. When I have been around people in the past who pulled out the board for some "fun" I walked out the door.

Edited by RottieGrrrl