GreaseSpot Cafe

Octopus and Seaweed

lucygoosey

This is very fun to do with the kids! All ingredients: use as much or as little as you'll need depending on how many kids you're serving.

I use the BallPark franks, they seem to work better.

Set a pot of water to boil. Take a hot dog and slice it down the middle, but only about 2/3 of the way up. Turn it over and slice again. You'll now have a hot dog with 4 'legs'. If you're careful, it is possible to make 6 or 8 legs. Anyway, dump a package of Ramen noodles in the boiling water. When they're done, scoop them into a large bowl and add the flavoring and several drops of green food coloring. Mix well. Drop the hot dogs, one at a time, into the boiling water until the 'legs' curl up. The longer you boil them, the more the legs will curl, but I don't recommend leaving them very long.

To serve: put green noodles on plate, and top with an octopus. I use mustard to dot a couple of eyes on my octopus.

This is very fun to do with the kids! All ingredients: use as much or as little as you'll need depending on how many kids you're serving.

I use the BallPark franks, they seem to work better.

Set a pot of water to boil. Take a hot dog and slice it down the middle, but only about 2/3 of the way up. Turn it over and slice again. You'll now have a hot dog with 4 'legs'. If you're careful, it is possible to make 6 or 8 legs. Anyway, dump a package of Ramen noodles in the boiling water. When they're done, scoop them into a large bowl and add the flavoring and several drops of green food coloring. Mix well. Drop the hot dogs, one at a time, into the boiling water until the 'legs' curl up. The longer you boil them, the more the legs will curl, but I don't recommend leaving them very long.

To serve: put green noodles on plate, and top with an octopus. I use mustard to dot a couple of eyes on my octopus.

oh my gosh!!! we have these fast food hot dog joints here in california called wienerschnitizle (may not be spelled right) thay have a tv commercial about a hot dog with arms and legs thats always on the run so it doesnt get eaten!!! this reminded me of that!! oh my gosh!!!!