GreaseSpot Cafe

Why did I get involved in an abusive group like TWI?

Rottie

He is a Luthern minister. A few years back when I was trying to find out the truth about what I had been through a few x-wayfers told me he seemed to know his stuff.

http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/Homex.html

His church

I did contact him. He said he had no idea why people started to contact him but people that left TWi were going to him for help. He sat and listened to crying women about the advances or rapes or abortions they had at the hand of TWI. ANd men who had lost years of productivity in a ministry that used them. He was understanding and a great listener.

Soon he began to research things as he was hearing them Over and OVER! He became instrumental in bringing out the truth to a lot of people. Not everyone had a computer, but he began to compile the information so he would have it to share with people that called him or showed up to make sense of what they had been through.

Contact him about his Doctorate. I asked him all that stuff a few years back.

I know there are VPW sympathizers, and knew some folks just cannot hear anything heavy. But I figured most folks would be glad to hear stuff they had been wondering about-- that may shed some light for people who could not get the whys and the wherefores but knew something just wasn't right...

You can think whatever you want to think. I think he has concrete information that helped to blow away the fog.

He exposes a lot of lies that we readily ate at the hands of TWI. You do not have to consider what he says, anyone can research all this stuff themselves.

Rottie, do you really believe VPW had a doctorate? I believe he had a piece of paper, like my corps papers -- meant/means nothing.

Here, become a Reverend:

http://www.ulc.net/

With CHwester running from pillar to post trying to make people feel like non-victims who were responsible for their own victimization, I thought he needed to hear some of the things we have been talking about for years.

I love you Rottie, but I had a few months of exchanges with Juedes and he was perhaps the most kind individual I ever met representing Christ. I believe him, I know VPW was always protective about his education. He said "Well, I did not go to the right seminary! Now the public is picking that apart." I blew it off as he was the MAN. After all he got the special promise from God! I do not believe anything he said, at this point. So, I was interested on where he studied.

I am in the south and you can get the "calling" and not be affiliated with any school and start preaching. There are a lot of "strange" preachers. I belive VPW may have been a livingroom preacher who tried to hide his lack of education. He took another preachers work and said it was his. Then, presented himself to the world.

If a person wants to preach, that is fine! But to lie about your education, your writings, your adultery etc. It just adds to the

"Ye shall know them by their fruits" or in this case lack there of.

John is not the final word just another voice among the many!

If people feel the need to bash the victim and throw fogiveness and their "responsibility in their victimization" in their face, then they need to know about the perpatrador!

Seems some people (not you) have more sympathy for VPW then they do VPW's victims -- IMO they just need more info about VPW... After they receive that information, and they still want to tell victims they share responsibility then that is a posture they do not share with me.

Dot Matrix

Mandi

I did not know he took PFAL. He really helped me! I could not begin to sort any of this out and his kindness was something I had never experienced. He offered to find me a church in my area. He said he would call the ministers for me until he found one who could deal with a broken hearted person (who did not trust anyone, because of what happened at the hands of a religious group).

Dot Matrix

Mandi: I did not hear about the rottie that got saved! I will got to google later and look the story up! Isn't it great that people help these animals? I think it's so neat.

Grrr Dumb dogs! The panic they can cause us! Everytime we go to the dog park I have to watch Nico like a hawk so she doesn't go skating off on the ice while I'm not looking. I swear she's such a bone head!

Okay Dot. If he helped you than that is very good. I"m sorry about picking on him. Especially since you know him.

Do I think Weirwille was a DR? ha ha. The only people I like to call Dr.'s are the ones who can perscribe drugs for me when I need them. If they can do that, I'l call them a Dr. no problemo. icon_wink.gif;)--> Maybe that's why I have a problem with people outside the MD field using that title. ( I know that's stupid) But it is a title that one really works for.

PS. I've already got my Reverend title from Universal Life Church, ha ha!! I did it for a yoke a couple years ago.

I will look at, and thank you all for the links.

babyrott60percent.gif

...It's hard to be humble when you own a Rottweiler...

Why I joined the way? Well the timing was critical:

1. My older brother died the year before and that sent my family, especially me, into a tail spin.

2. Mom coped by drowning in vodka, hidden all over the house.

3. Dad was a workaholic. When around he was a domineering control freak.

4. Graduated high school and my entire peer group went away to college including best friends and girl friend. Was excrutiatingly lonely and isolated without a close local peer group.

5. Dad would'nt let me go away to college. Faught bitterly over that. Had to live at home and go to community college.

6. Reached out to local church groups for belonging a meaning. But they were dorks, at least by my 19 year old standards and dogmatic.

7. Best friend away at school took PFAL. Raved and introduced me to local twig grip.

8. Believers were my age, very cool and normal, ultra accepting of me. Bible teachings were pretty rational and logical. Promises of the power of god were very alluring.

9. Hey, I was immediatley accepted and appreciated. Was taught cool radical bible. Main stream christianity was put down which appealed to the radical in me. Also, the exclusive nature of the ministry was appealing.

10. Finally, I was given a quick and safe way to get the hell out of town, the WOW program. Took class in 2/77 went WOW August77. See ya ma and pa. Hello better world of acceptance, belonging, and power. Heady immediate stuff.

Its taken me a long time to figure all that out but there it is. All the different paths are amazing to read. Lots of unique themes emerge. Would make a cool study of socialpsychology.

Later,

larryg