GreaseSpot Cafe

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!

brideofjc

It must be the time of year when all of those people who are stuck on stupid, finally figger out that they have to lower their LAZYBOY chair handle to help them get up and OMG

T-H-E-Y-'-R-E L-O-O-S-E-!!!!!

I can't remember which GS'er has that signature line from Reilly???? about stupid people....the owner of that signature....please log in.

I was at the gas station the other day....and, well, you know it's kinda boring standing there waiting...and I'm reading an actual WARNING LABEL stuck on the gas pump:

DO NOT PLACE NOZZLE IN YOUR MOUTH!

OMG! Need I go on?

Who the hey would EVER stick that filthy thing in their mouth, attempting to SUCK on it to see if they could get some FREE GAS???????

But you know....there must have been someone who tried it, and had to go to the ER room for chemical burns to their mouth. Geez Louise!

And then there's those people, who are bored out of their gourd while pumping gas (who isn't?), who can't resist taking an ink pen and defacing the stickers on the gas pump!

In my county....every gas pump in town for the last ten years? has a sticker on it that shows

the County Sheriff with the slogan "Pump and Run, could cost you a ton!" I do not believe any one of those stickers doesn't have the Sheriff wearing a large INK MOUSTACHE

and HORNS coming out of his head, or HIS FACE BLACKENED OUT.

I mean don't they have anything better to do?

When someone is stuck on stupid....what do you do?

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!

That's funny bride.

Just yesterday I shared with my mom that one of my favorite movie lines is "Stupid is as stupid does."

I hope that when I'm on "stupid" that I have the kind of friends and family that can help me get off it.

"You can't fix stupid"

The clarion call that most of America (these days) is missing.

Up here in Minney-soda -- we used to have a governor named Jesse Ventura.

Former pro wrestler -- his name on the circuit was Jesse *The Body* Ventura.

He got on the political ticket (10 or so years ago, but it seems like yesterday),

and ended up winning --- MUCH to the consternation of the *political regulars*.

Long story short -- he wasn't the best Governor. But that there was one of his favorite phrases.

Someone in the state legislature wanted to enact a law that folks (all over the state)

couldn't have ice houses (for ice fishing) out on the lakes, after a certain date.

Jesse confronted the legislator face to face, and asked --- "Do you think folks are STUPID??"

He continued saying -- "If they are THAT DUMB to leave a fish house out on the ice at that time of year,

they DESERVE to have their fish-house sink."

Nother words -- He was saying "you can't fix stupid!!" Let it run it's course.

Here's a pic of him at his inauguaration (back whenever ----)

jesse1.jpg

He may not have been the best governor, but he added common sense to the mix. :)

"You can't fix stupid"

The clarion call that most of America (these days) is missing.

Up here in Minney-soda -- we used to have a governor named Jesse Ventura.

Former pro wrestler -- his name on the circuit was Jesse *The Body* Ventura.

He got on the political ticket (10 or so years ago, but it seems like yesterday),

and ended up winning --- MUCH to the consternation of the *political regulars*.

Long story short -- he wasn't the best Governor. But that there was one of his favorite phrases.

Someone in the state legislature wanted to enact a law that folks (all over the state)

couldn't have ice houses (for ice fishing) out on the lakes, after a certain date.

Jesse confronted the legislator face to face, and asked --- "Do you think folks are STUPID??"

He continued saying -- "If they are THAT DUMB to leave a fish house out on the ice at that time of year,

Nother words -- He was saying "you can't fix stupid!!" Let it run it's course.

Here's a pic of him at his inauguaration (back whenever ----)

jesse1.jpg

He may not have been the best governor, but he added common sense to the mix. :)

It is sad, but all too true....most Americans have become so duped into believing that the govt will just do everything for them....even their thinking....

so why bother? Huh? "Well if'n I'm not supposed to do something....they'll just put a warning label on it for me!" "Oh where'd he go George!?"

I truly hope that this country never has a dire emergency nation wide....else there will be a lot of people who will just shrivel up and....? because they simply

won't know what to do or how to handle any crisis unless some state sponsored agency tells them what to do.

I can see the logic in it though, given the right factors. Let's say that it costs $10,000 to print signs to put out around lakes and give cops the ability to fine people who leave ice houses out after that date. On the other hand, let's also say that a single rescue costs $10,000 each, with perhaps five rescues happening each year, with maybe two people dying and their families suing the government for something related to it. By putting out those signs and making it illegal to leave the fish house out on the ice, they would be saving the government, and thus the taxpayers, a lot of money.

So yes, there are a lot of stupid people out there, and I agree that people need to learn to think more for themselves and become self-sufficient. However, not all the things that seem to be catering to stupid people are just for their benefit. If we can keep stupid people from doing things that would waste our resources, then we all are better off.

The courts have messed things up.

First we get the stupid people off the bench, i.e. judges. When we get judges that will stop hearing law suits brought by stupid people a little of the stupid will end.

Second, the above will then allow "natural selection" to run it's course. 100 years ago stupid people died off/got killed young. Hopefully before they could breed.

Now "stupid" is a protected state of mind.

I was at the gas station the other day....and, well, you know it's kinda boring standing there waiting...and I'm reading an actual WARNING LABEL stuck on the gas pump:

DO NOT PLACE NOZZLE IN YOUR MOUTH!

My lawnmower has a warning that says "To avoid burning, don not touch hot muffler." Anybody who needs that much instruction sould not be using power tools in the first place.

The courts have messed things up.

First we get the stupid people off the bench, i.e. judges. When we get judges that will stop hearing law suits brought by stupid people a little of the stupid will end.

Second, the above will then allow "natural selection" to run it's course. 100 years ago stupid people died off/got killed young. Hopefully before they could breed.

Now "stupid" is a protected state of mind.

Thank you! That gave me the laugh for the day....especially....."Hopefully before they could breed."

as well as " 100 years ago stupid people died off/got killed young."

And yes, you're right....a lot of STUPID would stop if judges would stop taking frivolous suits into the court system. I still marvel today that the old woman who spilled

McD's coffee between her legs actually won that suit. But I just heard that McD's is now HEATING their coffee 20 DEGREES HIGHER than what the old lady felt. I guess McD figgers if someone else is that STUPID to put BOILING coffee between their legs....well, like you said....let natural selection take its course. After she spilled it, she told the judge that the hot coffee had hampered her in that area. If I had been the judge, I would have been tempted to quip, "Oh, were you still using that?"

My lawnmower has a warning that says "To avoid burning, don not touch hot muffler." Anybody who needs that much instruction sould not be using power tools in the first place.

Whatever you do.....don't give them a DeWalt Reciprocating Saw.....Gawd only knows what might happen!