GreaseSpot Cafe

CSI -Vegas Anyone watch?

Dot Matrix

It may have been because the guy who played him has drug troubles of his own and they wanted him off the show to dry out.

I felt bad too; I was always hoping he and Catherine would hook up.

It will take a while to ferret out the bad guy, but I expect they will arrest his sorry butt next September.

It's almost as sad as when Kate got killed on NCIS.

WG

I had read, including on wikipedia, that it was related to contract talks that were never completely resolved related to next season.

If you'll remember, Brass was shot at the end of a season (last year?) and lived. This one, with Warrick seems harder to overcome, but there is still ambiguity (cliff hanger?) we're left with to ponder over the summer.

The problems with Gary Dourdan getting busted with drugs apparently happened AFTER they shot this season finale.

The wikipedia article's been "updated" since I first looked at it Thursday night, but there's still no indication that the character has, for a certainty, died, or survived for that matter.

I was stunned at the end of the show Thursday... which is why I started searching google almost right away.

It will take a while to ferret out the bad guy, but I expect they will arrest his sorry butt next September.

I never did like that undersheriff. :realmad:

Yeah, when Grisholm left for a breather to do theater - I was worried.

Warick was one fine looking guy - I just hate that he is gone

And now Lauren Holly on NCIS? I guess this killing a principal character kinda puts people at risk around contract negotiations.

Dang!!!

And what' his face on Criminal minds -- Gideon -- I really liked him, he just dissappeared -- but are they hinting that he committed suicide or just dissappeared?

Edited by Dot Matrix

Yeah, when Grisholm left for a breather to do theater - I was worried.

Warick was one fine looking guy - I just hate that he is gone

And now Lauren Holly on NCIS? I guess this killing a principal character kinda puts people at risk around contract negotiations.

Dang!!!

And what' his face on Criminal minds -- Gideon -- I really liked him, he just dissappeared -- but are they hinting that he committed suicide or just dissappeared?

Regarding NCIS, if Tony and Ziva are gone, the show dies...

I only started watching Criminal Minds after Patinkin left... I just don't like him... but had watched Paget Brewster in Huff on Showtime.... and liked her.

Rocky

I so NOT like that new director guy.... Geez. everything is changing!

HOUSE - this year changed its core people and I have NOT watched as much. It got stupid. I do not know why they take intelligent shows and start making them stupid. He was a weird caustic person but a fine Doctor. Then, this year having Doctors do the STUPID things he had them do to "make the team" very stupid.

I can just tell from the look on Jethro's face that he will get his team back next season. And did y'all notice that before he called them in, that new director, "Creepy Guy" cause I can't remember his name, took something out of his own file and shredded it? It would take Abby about 20 seconds to piece that back together.

It's gonna be interesting.

Apparently Director Shepherd had an unnamed neurological disease that would have caused wasting and loss of motor function, and kind of chose to go out this way, according to what Ducky told Gibbs.

BTW, I once worked for an elderly British physician, a woman, who sounded and thought an awful lot like Donald Mallard. It's eeery, and it's why I started watching NCIS in the first place, right after this phsyician I had worked for died.

WG

Rocky

I so NOT like that new director guy.... Geez. everything is changing!

HOUSE - this year changed its core people and I have NOT watched as much. It got stupid. I do not know why they take intelligent shows and start making them stupid. He was a weird caustic person but a fine Doctor. Then, this year having Doctors do the STUPID things he had them do to "make the team" very stupid.

I haven't watched HOUSE, so I can't comment.

I don't know what the new NCIS director's character name is... but his "REAL" name is Rocky Carroll. However, I am NOT like him... and I think he's probably intentionally UNlikeable.

After reading about the NCIS season finale, I had to figure also that Gibbs is going to get his team back. There are several key characters, but the main reason I got interested the first time I watched (which was after Ziva's predecessor had left) was because of the quirkiness of the personalities. I LOVE Ziva's malaprops... and the obvious chemistry between the team members... a comradery in spite of the fact that they all pick on each other.

I can just tell from the look on Jethro's face that he will get his team back next season. And did y'all notice that before he called them in, that new director, "Creepy Guy" cause I can't remember his name, took something out of his own file and shredded it? It would take Abby about 20 seconds to piece that back together.

It's gonna be interesting.

Apparently Director Shepherd had an unnamed neurological disease that would have caused wasting and loss of motor function, and kind of chose to go out this way, according to what Ducky told Gibbs.

BTW, I once worked for an elderly British physician, a woman, who sounded and thought an awful lot like Donald Mallard. It's eeery, and it's why I started watching NCIS in the first place, right after this phsyician I had worked for died.

WG

That might be something we can look for early in the fall season...

And I remember Ducky as one of the Men from U.N.C.L.E.... Ilya Kilyakin (or something like that, if the spelling's wrong).

Thre was an episode a few years back when Kate, the agent who was murdered by Ziva's half-brother, asked Gibbs, "What did Ducky look like when he was young?" and Gibbs, after a second of thought, replied "Ilya Kuryakin."

WG

That's great dialogue... thanks for sharing it. :)

As far as 'House" is concerned, I can't bear watching it. It is medically inaccurate for one thing, but the main thing that bothers me is that I have worked in many hospitals in several different states throughout my life, and have had the privilege of working as a secretary to two fine physicians, one at the beginning of my career and the other at the end of it, and NO WAY would a physician act like that and get away with it, no matter how brilliant they were. He is mean, hateful, sarcastic and addicted to painkillers. I've known of physicians who had addiction problems, and once they become a danger to the patients, they are OUT.

No resident would work with someone like that. Not today, maybe 35 years ago, when only attendings had human rights. If I ever had to "serve" someone like House, you can bet I'd put Ex-Lax in his morning coffee and tell him the barista gave him chocolate flavored coffee because she liked him so much!

I've watched it a very few times and I have no pity for this man. A BK amp would take care of his pain and he could learn a little humility along with PT for his prosthesis.

WG