GreaseSpot Cafe

"Junk Table"?

fooledagainII

Did this happen to anyone else?

During my advance class they had something I think called a "junk table" in one the room, on it was all kinds of devilish things like: auto writing; ectoplasm; psychic healing; etc.

I remember being scared out of my mind seeing all that stuff. I didn't show it but I couldn't wait to get out there. I remembered them "warning" us not to handle any of the stuff.

Something else that scarred me was that whole "roll away" process after the meals. (Some those meal... yeach! what was with the sea salt and kelp instead of pepper.)

Wierwille was obsessed with finding devil spirits in everything.

He taught in the AC that alcoholism was caused by a ds yet he lived his life in a constant drunken stupor, squandering the ABS on gallon upon gallon of Drambuie.

He taught in the AC that cancer was caused by devil possession yet he, himself, succumbed to it.

Here's the death certificate. http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/waydal...sented.....html

We had to sing Roll Away after dinner EVERY night in Fellow Laborers.

Thank goodness we didn't practice any "rituals". :blink:

The junk table appeared at all the ACs, not just those by VPW but LCM did it too. Dunno if he had added his own junk to it as well, too busy "serving" in other areas to have time to go look.

You might ask why a man who hauled off 300 Bible study books and commentaries to the city dump (as stated in PFAL) would not with the Bible books also haul off his several table loads of spiritualist mumbo jumbo.

Did this happen to anyone else?

During my advance class they had something I think called a "junk table" in one the room, on it was all kinds of devilish things like: auto writing; ectoplasm; psychic healing; etc.

I remember being scared out of my mind seeing all that stuff. I didn't show it but I couldn't wait to get out there. I remembered them "warning" us not to handle any of the stuff.

Something else that scarred me was that whole "roll away" process after the meals. (Some those meal... yeach! what was with the sea salt and kelp instead of pepper.)

Wow, haven't thought of the Junk Tables in a long time. I touched the stuff, I only got a lil' possessed LOL. I remember looking through the articles about the one of the CEO's of Proctor & Gamble who was a Satanist, you remember when P&G's logo was this Man in the moon with 13 stars or something. Then there was the auto writing and ectoplasm pictures as mentioned, I liked the whole table full of "Seth speaks" paraphernalia. They had a Golden book "The Kitten who lost her mitten" I could never figure out why that made the junk table. Also a copy of an old Infocom computer text adventure called Zork was on the table, I seem to remember the lost books of Moses were on one table. A course in miracles on another table, I forget all the stuff they had, on one table it just looked like they dumped a kids toy box on it.

Seth

P.s. what's the weather going to be tomorrow Raf?

Edited by Seth R.

they had magic:the gathering cards on that table, which is a real shame. the few weeks i got to play magic at the lunch tables are my happiest school moments.

also, if you have a lot of time to kill and like making maps, zork is awsome. man i wish i was alive and old enough to read in the age of text only games.

Scarred? Or scared?

I loved having kelp at meals (not just ADV class...). Kelp's a natural source of selenium, an important mineral nutrient. I don't know that sea salt vs regular table salt was a big deal to me.

But yes, that junk table stuff was kinda troubling.

they had magic:the gathering cards on that table, which is a real shame. the few weeks i got to play magic at the lunch tables are my happiest school moments.
most magic is illusion, but twi would have us believe that there is a "devil spirit" lurking behind every prop, and that the magician was "operating devil spirits"...

They had a Golden book "The Kitten who lost her mitten" I could never figure out why that made the junk table.

Ditto, Seth... I loved that book when I was a kid, and when I saw it on that stupid table I ran it through my head and couldn't think of a single thing that even remotely smelled of devil-spirit influence. Anyone have the slightest clue why that innocent little book was on the deeply-darkly-spiritually-bad junk table???

I always wondered if someone slipped it in there as a joke and no one knew the difference.

When was logic ever part of how these things were decided? <_<

I remember it was taught in the AC that people who really "made it" in music and the arts only did so because they sold out to the adversary.

Maybe Wierwille spent too much time studying the legend of Tommy Johnson selling his soul to the devil at the crossroads in exchange for musical skills.

Aaaaahhhh... (the light dawns)... maybe they were trying to say the publishers of Little Golden Books were sold out to the devil because they were successful and didn't give God the credit?

--- waysider you are so right: "When was logic ever part of how these things were decided? "

also, if you have a lot of time to kill and like making maps, zork is awsome. man i wish i was alive and old enough to read in the age of text only games.

http://zmpp.sourceforge.net/games/index.html

All you had to do was ask.

:)

Wierwille was obsessed with finding devil spirits in everything.

He taught in the AC that alcoholism was caused by a ds yet he lived his life in a constant drunken stupor, squandering the ABS on gallon upon gallon of Drambuie.

He taught in the AC that cancer was caused by devil possession yet he, himself, succumbed to it.

Here's the death certificate. http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/waydal...sented.....html

We had to sing Roll Away after dinner EVERY night in Fellow Laborers.

Thank goodness we didn't practice any "rituals". :blink:

It is interesting that melanoma is a cancer of the skin, the largest organ of the human body which protects the person from infections. So according to the death cert. it had spread to the liver and the eye(s). Kind of interesting that it would be in the eyes....spiritual judgment to say that it was the "blind leading the blind?" Also, once the liver is infected, it is a surefire death sentence....you only have one....and if there aren't any donors....well, death usually doesn't take that long once it gets to the liver. I would say that his alcoholism didn't help much and perhaps that is why his liver couldn't fight it off, so to speak, because it was constantly cleansing his blood of the alcohol intake. In ancient days, seers would "look into the liver" to be able to foretell the future....hmmmm.

Okay, once again.....

Melanoma can actually originate almost anywhere, including in internal organs. It does widely originate in the skin. All those news reports that melanoma is exclusively a cancer of the skin are oversimplified and somewhat inaccurate.

Ocular melanoma, a primary tumor inside the eye, is one of the most common primary neoplasms of the globe.

Ocular melanoma, if it metastasizes, will very very frequently metastasize to the liver. No one knows exactly why; it just likes the liver.

VPW had a primary ocular melanoma, hence the enucleation of the eye. It metastasized to the liver, and that was it.

I wouldn't wish melanoma on anyone. It's a real nasty SOB and hard to get rid of. It can lie dormant in the body and pop up in some other unlikely locale years later.

And no, I'm not a physician, but I worked for a damn fine cancer physician for nine years and learned a lot.

WG

Okay, once again.....

Melanoma can actually originate almost anywhere, including in internal organs. It does widely originate in the skin. All those news reports that melanoma is exclusively a cancer of the skin are oversimplified and somewhat inaccurate.

Ocular melanoma, a primary tumor inside the eye, is one of the most common primary neoplasms of the globe.

Ocular melanoma, if it metastasizes, will very very frequently metastasize to the liver. No one knows exactly why; it just likes the liver.

VPW had a primary ocular melanoma, hence the enucleation of the eye. It metastasized to the liver, and that was it.

I wouldn't wish melanoma on anyone. It's a real nasty SOB and hard to get rid of. It can lie dormant in the body and pop up in some other unlikely locale years later.

And no, I'm not a physician, but I worked for a damn fine cancer physician for nine years and learned a lot.

WG

I got the info from WebMD.

They had a Golden book "The Kitten who lost her mitten" I could never figure out why that made the junk table.

junk table ? ... I thought it was a plurality palace like table ... I left that book and took the Ouiji Board ... :evildenk:

Actully, I don't rememeber ever seeing the junk table ... I guess God protected me. :biglaugh:

junk table ? ... I thought it was a plurality palace like table ... I left that book and took the Ouiji Board ... :evildenk:

Rats, that means I could have walked off with a mint beta Force of Nature!

I was just adding to it a little bit...ocular melanoma is very rare. When I worked at the cancer hospital, there was a physician there who had developed a method of treating it by surgically placing a tiny radioactive plaque inside the eye, right on the tumor. It usually shrank the tumor and rendered it inactive, but frequently at the expense of the patient's vision in that eye. Of course, that's better than shuffling off this mortal coil by a long shot.

Trust me, I do know what I'm talking about.

WG

Okay... a cup of coffee to whomever can explain the reason why the Little Golden Book, "The Three Kittens Who Lost Their Mittens" was on the Junk Table.

Maybe the reference to "three" was the trinity?

Maybe the rat the mother cat smells at the end of the poem is a debbil spurt?

Maybe VP was smoking something that day?

Please explain... :confused:

For those who didn't read this book as a child, here is the complete text:

Three Little Kittens

Three little kittens,

They lost their mittens,

And they began to cry,

Oh mother dear,

We sadly fear,

That we have lost our mittens.

What! Lost your mittens,

You naughty kittens!

Then you shall have no pie.

Mee-ow, mee-ow, mee-ow,

No, you shall have no pie.

The three little kittens,

They found their mittens,

And they began to cry,

Oh, mother dear,

See here, see here,

We have found our mittens.

What! Found your mittens,

You silly kittens!

Then you shall have some pie.

Purr-r, purr-r, purr-r,

Oh, let us have some pie.

Put on their mittens,

And soon ate up the pie;

Oh, mother dear,

We greatly fear,

That we have soiled our mittens.

What! Soiled your mittens,

You naughty kittens!

Then they began to sigh,

Mee-ow, mee-ow, mee-ow.

Then they began to sigh.

They washed their mittens,

And hung them out to dry;

Oh mother dear,

Look here, look here,

We have washed our mittens.

What! Washed your mittens

You're good little kittens

But I smell a mouse close by!

Hush! Hush! Hush!

I smell a mouse close by.

==========================================

Yup, that's devilish alright...

Oh my God!

I could feel a heavy weight of oppression descend upon me as I read. The deeper I went, the heavier it got. Please, Please, Please, I beg of you; delete those words from Hell before it's too late for all of us.

i think the mother was too focused on circumstance instead of the heart and intent of her kittens

letting the state of a mitten determine her mood is clearly opening the door to a spirit that would make her bipolor

Edited by nick

i think the mother was too focused on circumstance instead of the heart and intent of her kittens

letting the state of a mitten determine her mood is clearly opening the door to a spirit that would make her bipolor

Are you serious? Is this really what they taught? OMG.... :asdf:

What about the stewardship of the mittens? :evildenk:

Dontcha think someone would have said something about the fact that this whole family of cat and kittens.....

.....TALKS!???

I bet The Velveteen Rabbit made it to that table too. I once had to sit through a long lecture by the local yokel's wifey-poo about how this marvelous book, was really promoting debbil spurts because it spoke of a toy becoming real through the love of a child.

How absurd! Uhhhhh... now that you're all mature and such you need to toss your imagination out the window. And don't you dare promote a creative thought in your kids.

Needless to say, when the time came, I bought a copy of that book and read it to my daughter.