GreaseSpot Cafe

Who other than VP & LCM did taped classes?

fooledagainII

It was changed to "defeating the adversary" taught by LCM.
No, i think there was another version after Walter's and before Martindale's
Didn't Walter do a Renewed Mind class? Unless that was the one called Dealing with the Adversary...

George

That's right; and they were two diferent classes

I took two other classes on the field in the 1980's one some class on government by Tom Jenkinson, ther second a financial class by Franklin Smith.

I cant remember if they were taped or live (yea they made quite an impression on me...)

Didn't Walter do a Renewed Mind class? Unless that was the one called Dealing with the Adversary...

George

Walter did both. I took both.

lcm later had "Dealing with the Adversary" redone in some short-lived form

called "Our Spiritual Contest". This was in keeping with his "Athletes of the Spirit" paradigm

he was pushing. I never heard much about it. (I don't know who taught it.)

Sometime later, he came out with his own "Defeating the Adversary" class.

Oh, and "Fundamentals of Biblical Research"-that was Walter.

Oh, and "Fundamentals of Biblical Research"-that was Walter.

I thought Bernita Jess did that. Or was it "Keys to Research"?

John Sommerville did two live classes in California. One was a biblical timeline and the other was on physical fitness. Don't remember the exact names.

I seem to remember Joe and Linda Coulter doing some sort of post-VPW Christian marriage class.

Edited by Jim

I thought Bern1ta Je$$ did that. Or was it "Keys to Research"?

I don't know what she did, but I know Walter taught a class, "Fundamentals of Biblical Research."

It was available on Beta, audiocassette, and VHS. (I don't have the Beta version, but I have the others.)

I seem to remember Joe and Linda Coulter doing some sort of post-VPW Christian marriage class.

They came out with one in 2003, I think, called the Christian Family Class or something like that.... It was definately, definately post VP and LCM because I remember it being a bit puritanical about sex... I suppose that's only if you're not spiritually mature - otherwise, anything goes!

• 2 weeks later...

Several classes were video taped at the same time in the mid 70's. These included VP's Intermediate Class and "Christian SEX (and oh yeah, family)." Also at that time:

W@lter C#mm!ns did the original video "Dealing with the Adversary." That was later replaced by "Our Spiritual Contest" which he and LCM did at Living Victoriously, combining the Athletes of the Spirit stuff with Dealing with the Adv. Later when he left TWI, LCM did a new "Defeating the Adversary" class.

W@lter also did "Renewed Mind," and I don't know if that was ever redone.

D0nnie Fug!t did the original "Witnessing and Undershepherding" class, which was later replaced by a new one that was also taped at Living Victoriously. It was taught by D0nnie, V!nce F, and R@lph D.

Donn@ R@nda!! did the original "Basic Keys to Research" class in the 70's, and later in the 80's W@lter did "Fundamentals of Biblical Research" which was something you could buy and do at your own pace at home.

J0nnie T0wn$#nd did a "Way Tree" class, which I don't think was ever redone. I seem to remember being told that LCM's "Rise and Expansion" class was meant to replace it.

Later in the 80's there were a few new ones like E@rl's new Intermediate Class, T0m J's government class, and Fr@nklin S's financial class. The financial one was later recalled when it was discovered that most of it was plagiarized. Why they didn't recall PFAL I don't know.

Edited by Mark Clarke

Sometime later, he came out with his own "Defeating the Adversary" class.
An interesting bit of Martindale trivia. The 1992 "Defeating the Adversary" class was in large part a reworked version of the "Galatians teachings"/"Leadership Tapes" that came out in the very late 80's and into 1990 and '91 in response to Geer's POP.

The class was filmed live in the auditorium as part of a week-long "Advanced Class Special on Discerning of Spirits" during the summer of 1992.