GreaseSpot Cafe

fasting and twi

nick

has anyone else herd about twi members fasting?

i spoke to my mom (who lives at HQ) on the phone today and she said that she and sevral others are fasting one day a week, and plaing for longer stretches.

its no secrect that nutrition depravation goes hand and hand with any number of other controll methods. just currious if its new or if you guys had similar experiences?

I fasted in TWI and I have been doing occasional fasting for over 30 years. It is of great value to a your health as long as you do not get crazy about it and do stupid things (like fast and then go eat a pizza). I have done a water only fast, juice fast, herbal tea fast or a combination. I did the colon cleanse once when in the Way and would never do it again.

My favorite fast is herbal tea and maybe a little fruit juice. Most of the time I fast between one and ten days depending on how I feel. The longest fast I have been on was for 18 days (mainly water and juice). Usually you will average losing one pound per day (don't worry, you will gain it back when you start eating again) and the second and third days are the hardest. NOTE: Although I have been on a few longer fasts, I do not recommend anyone doing a fast for more than 3 days unless it is supervised. Remember, if your going to fast be smart about it.

There are two different thoughts on taking an enema or not taking an enema when fasting. After fasting for one day your body "shuts down" and usually you will not need a bowel movement until you end the fast and start eating again. Some people recommend an enema every day, I do not. You will have to read up on the subject and decide for yourself or talk to a professional. Usually by the second day after ending a fast and eating, your bowels will start working again.

You can cure yourself of many ailments by smart, intelligent fasting. Before you fast read a couple of books about it or go online and visit a few websites that talk about fasting (ie: google it). Go see a person/doctor that knows about fasting to get more information. When fasting, most of the time you are not going to feel that great because your body is working to remove toxins from your body. DRINK LOTS OF WATER throughout the entire fast. Some of the time you will have a dull annoying headache and that is normal. However, if you get a hard, pounding headache (except the first day because that one is usually related to no caffeine) you should break the fast immediately and eat a salad and start the fast another time. People who drink coffee on a regular basis will have a very challenging time the first two days of the fast. Once the caffeine has been removed from your body it will get easier.

It did take me about one year to finally fast one complete day. I would start and then get hungry and go eat or my friends would talk me out of it or I would get scared and think I was harming my body. Fasting is a remarkable remedy for a variety of health issues. When you give your system ( body) a rest from eating, your bodies natural reaction is to go to work getting rid of toxins out of your body. Also, you are giving many organs and glands in your body a rest and they will work better after a fast. Your sex drive does diminsh when ON a fast. But, believe me, when you start eating again it will come back better than before and with a more powerful orgasm (smile). Also, fasting can help strengthen your immune system.

Don't be surprised if you have bad breath or body odor when on a fast. Brush your teeth/tongue, drink more water and take a shower.

Always break a fast with natural wholesome food. My favorite is a green salad. When you start eating again DO NOT OVEREAT otherwise you will lose a lot of the benefit of the fast. Ease into eating again slowly.

Periodic fasting along with exercise and eating wholesome foods will add many years to your life. I am in my 50's and still play basketball with guys in their 20's and 30's and I give the majority of the credit to fasting. Fasting helps keep your arteries clean and your mind sharp. I have had to go to the doctor very few times over the past 30 years and most of those were for sprained ankles from running or playing basketball. My point is....fasting is beneficial to your health.

Many of your friends will try to discourage you from fasting. Some people will tell you your harming body, your losing muscle mass, your going to an early grave blah blah blah blah blah....I have heard people tell me every reason why I should not fast. I have been on more than 50 fasts. The more you fast the more confidence you will have in fasting. Usually I do not tell anyone I am fasting because most people will only offer discouragement because they know nothing about it.

I fast mainly for the physical benefits, however anyone who has read the Bible knows there are huge spiritual benefits to fasting. God bless you.

Edited by Paradiseden

thanks for the comforting responce... to some extent.

dear lord, you just spoke to me about my mother's enemas and orgamns... i'm going to go have a drink. goodnight.

Eating a free meal at the fast food place you worked at was sometimes all you had,and were lucky to afford deodorant and toliet paper,maybe some light bulbs out on the wow field!

Ahhhh..living the abundent life..and feeding the fat cat at HQs(somebody slap me quick)

Maybe the cash cow is starting to dry up - if you convince the folks at HQ they don't need to eat EVERY day, think of the amount of money you can save!!

(wonder if Rosie is skipping any meals?)

Fasting one day a week sounds excessive to me.

I fasted for 3 days as a 'wow', for some forgotten reason other than being told the wonderful benefits. I was working at a McDonalds and broke down with a quarter pounder.

Ten years later I did the colon cleanse after much promotion from the way. 6 months later I had ulcerative colitis, which ultimately led to surgery removing my diseased colon. I'm not saying the cleanse was responsible-and I'm not saying it wasn't.

Derek Prince talks about fasting and prayer. I go on Water/juice fast only twice a year:Ash Wednesday and Good Friday for 24 hours only.